Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH First Class dinning tete-a-tete?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

LH First Class dinning tete-a-tete?

Does anyone know if it is possible to dine in LH First Class tet-a-tete, as on Swiss? If we are family of four on 747-800 and reserve seats in row 3, could we have dinner together in two middle seats?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LukasNied
Does anyone know if it is possible to dine in LH First Class tet-a-tete, as on Swiss? If we are family of four on 747-800 and reserve seats in row 3, could we have dinner together in two middle seats?
No belt on the ottoman, i.e. sitting there would violate LH’s rule “wear your belt whenever seated”. Some crews may tolerate it, but not by the book.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldclubber
No belt on the ottoman, i.e. sitting there would violate LH’s rule “wear your belt whenever seated”. Some crews may tolerate it, but not by the book.
When I posted that the ottoman was not intended for your companion to sit with you to dine together, another FTer pointed out it might depend on the crew. However, as worldclubber said it would violate LH's rule.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It’s also not very comfortable.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

In addition First Class tables on LH are not as large as those on LX. I doubt if there is enough space for two table settings.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
In addition First Class tables on LH are not as large as those on LX. I doubt if there is enough space for two table settings.
exactly. And even on LX, the table gets quite overloaded and full with two full sets.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:40 pm

There is actually a sign on the ottoman requesting not to sit on it at all.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Officialy you can't. Unofficially I have always done it and the crew would usually tell you it is not allowed but they tolerate it.
Being in row 3 on the 748 however I don't think it is necessary at all since you sit very close to each other. We tend to go for row 1 on the 748.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Being in row 3 on the 748 however I don't think it is necessary at all since you sit very close to each other. We tend to go for row 1 on the 748.
The OP is asking if a family of four can dine together.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The OP is asking if a family of four can dine together.
^

My advice to the thread starter would be not to count on it that it will actually work (e.g. if there is the slightest hint of possible turbulence), but they could still ask on board.

If dinner together is really important, I would recommend a restaurant or the lounge before departure. Much more comfortable and no bending of rules.
Grog likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by worldclubber
As an aside, I always found it odd that LH allows itself to call it an ottoman, but doesn't allow for it to used as such. (An ottoman is first and foremost a stuffed bench without a back, and only secondarily a box, not the other way around.)
worldclubber likes this.

Last edited by Grog; Dec 18, 2017 at 4:39 pm Reason: typographical error
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: LX SEN
This is off topic, but have I was consistently able to eat all meals on LX F tete-a-tete without any problem.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Nic33
This is off topic, but have I was consistently able to eat all meals on LX F tete-a-tete without any problem.
because the LX seat is designed for it - my only comment was, that even there, the table (which is bigger than LH's) gets pretty crowded.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Grog
As an aside, I always found it odd that LH allows itself calls it an ottoman, but doesn't allow for it to used as such. (An ottoman is first and foremost a stuffed bench without a back, and only secondarily a box, not the other way around.)
Same here, never really understood why LX installs a belt and invites pax to sit on it and LH does neither.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
Main difference is presence vs. absence of a belt (LX vs. LH). The size of the table is an issue, too, but probably rather a secondary one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.