Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by FilipBB
PE in B789 has a little bit more legroom than B788. LOT even wrote that in press release if I am right.
We were on the a B789, and it was a pain to get out of the window seat. I can’t imagine how bad it is on a B788.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'm planning to fly MXP-DEL with my SO for Xmas holidays next year, and curiously LO seems to have the most humane arrival and departure times out of all *A airlines (10:30am & 12:30 pm vs. an assorted mix of 1am, 5am etc.). Return tickets in standard Y are around €670 p.p, whereas Y+ is around €1.100 p.p, so I'm wondering whether the Y+ cabin is worth spending €900 extra considering the 7-hour flight time on the main leg.

I was also wondering whether to wait for a companion sale on LH instead for better value, but I don't think the Xmas period would be included in any of those.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can fly AI business via FCO/CDG/FRA during similar times for the same price. They should go back to the usual 8pm from Europe and 10am from DEL soon.
gojko88 and Deckter like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3 Gold, KL Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
788 has 18xC, 21xY+
789 has 24xC, 21xY+ and 4 inches legroom more than 788. It does make small difference, but it depends on your body and how flexible you are jumping over fellow passenger to leave window or very middle seats.
In general, 789 will be slightly newer from 788 in LO.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no competition between LH Group's PE and LO PE. LO's is Business "Minus" and LH Group is Economy "Plus". Also bear in mind you'll sit in Premium on MXP-WAW as well, most like an Embraer in 2-2 config not slumming it in the back on LH Group with only a bottle of water.

If you don't get the AI C fare as mentioned, and even if LO PE is a bit more than LH PE, it's a no brainer to pick LO, especially if the flight times are better. Plus you'll earn a decent amount of miles in M&M as LO is not € based.

If you've got status, so FTL or Gold, the LO lounges are superiorly catered to LH.
gojko88 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Thanks a lot for the inputs! I do have SK*G so lounge access is a given. AI doesn't seem to have loaded the winter schedule yet, but if that fails, I will definitely take LO.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3 Gold, KL Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
I fully agree with @hugolover.
LO Y+ is way better than LH.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by gojko88
Thanks a lot for the inputs! I do have SK*G so lounge access is a given. AI doesn't seem to have loaded the winter schedule yet, but if that fails, I will definitely take LO.
If you're flying LOT, despite the cabin you're booked on you would get access to lounges when flying with LOT as a SK*G.

In addition I would agree with hugolover that the LO Elite lounge is much better than LH FTL/SEN Lounges in Germany.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:09 am

I agree, this LO Elite lounge is small, but quality of food/drinks are really ok.
To enter LO Elite lounge you need to be SEN/HON or gold in any SA, regardless of cabin you will be travelling.
If you fly in C, Y+, but have no gold or above, then you can access regular business lounge.
Elite lounge in WAW is inside of LO business lounge in Schengen area, just 30 metres or so after fast track security.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:23 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by mileq
Y+, but have no gold or above, then you can access regular business lounge.
Based on this: https://www.lot.com/pl/en/journey/on...lass-long-haul

you can indeed access, but you need to pay

The pleasure of travelling in LOT Premium Economy Class may start at the airport. With a LOT Premium Economy ticket, you can buy access to business lounges at the Warsaw Chopin Airport.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:17 am

What is the last minute upgrade price for Premium Economy for ORD to WAW now and how do you buy it? At the check in counter? An earlier post said it was $325.

Is there another way to to upgrade *in advance* a LOT Economy award ticket that was bought with United miles? LOT told me on the phone it would have to be done through United. United wanted 120,000 miles for LOT Premium Economy vs 33,000 standard Economy. I'd be happy to pay for a cash upgrade if I could find out how to do it.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:10 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tizzette
What is the last minute upgrade price for Premium Economy for ORD to WAW now and how do you buy it? At the check in counter? An earlier post said it was $325.

Is there another way to to upgrade *in advance* a LOT Economy award ticket that was bought with United miles? LOT told me on the phone it would have to be done through United. United wanted 120,000 miles for LOT Premium Economy vs 33,000 standard Economy. I'd be happy to pay for a cash upgrade if I could find out how to do it.
I would just go to the airport on the day of departure and purchase an upgrade there. Res and Airport are 2 different processes - Res exchanges your ticket (which is why they cannot touch your 016 ticket). At the airport they just issue an EMD for the upgrade fee.
Tizzette likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.