Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa to introduce new/revised branding & livery in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: LH Miles&More, TP Miles&Go Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH has introduced access to preferred seating (normally reserved for HON/SEN) in economy for 50€ this week...
On long-haul flights?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Considering LH plans to charge extra for everything, maybe you can book to be taken care of by the yellow 60s FAs:
Or they counld keep one yellow counter at each airport, for an extra fee...
FlyingJazzy likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
LH has introduced access to preferred seating (normally reserved for HON/SEN) in economy for 50€ this week...
Is there any impact on seat blocking for SEN/HON?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Is there any impact on seat blocking for SEN/HON?
The impact is that everybody can reserve „preferred zone“ seats for a fee now, i.e. less selection for SEN/HON and fewer seats for blocking.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
HON Circle members received in the mail this week a First Class Lounge Voucher with the new branding on it as a small gift to celebrate the new LH "identity".
Kinda nice, I thought. Better than nothing..!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:00 pm

a few favorites from today....had full access from Fraport to basically go anywhere and do anything, except step in front of an aircraft....

vantage03 and lightwalker like this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:03 pm

and a few from her return after tour de Germany today.....

Return to FRA

'Follow Me'

Ramp position....
Dave_C, vantage03 and lightwalker like this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03
HON Circle members received in the mail this week a First Class Lounge Voucher with the new branding on it as a small gift to celebrate the new LH "identity".
Kinda nice, I thought. Better than nothing..!
That‘s a nice touch!

If any of the HONs here don‘t need the voucher, as they have access to FCLs anyway, I would know somebody who would appreciate it ...
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/GfL), LH FTL, SPG Plat
I rarely have time to post but my jaw just dropped this morning when I saw this - and not in a good way. Yes, the LH livery was perhaps slightly dated but it was highly distinctive and evolutionary. IMHO the new one is simply dreadful. The've made the tail-plan into the most undistinctive, boring, depressing... a nothing, which will be lost in the sea of other tail planes. As someone said earlier, more appropriate for a hearse. Surely at least they could have painted the crane logo in yellow to keep some link with their heritage. And then as if they were unconvinced about the whole thing the front half of the plane is left unchanged. Fair enough as the font is great as is. So why not just tweak the tail fin... or better do nothing. I know they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But this is just so, so obviously wrong. Like the BA tail fin saga of a few decades ago, which did not stand the test of time. Let's see...
Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:40 am

@contrails7: well, yellow just wasn‘t premium enough anymore, so it has to be blue and white to become as „premium“ an airline as Syrian and UTair.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:56 pm

It's also basically this just with the logo and word mark changed:

Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Or this with a crane on the tail:

Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
It barely impresses on the most beautiful plane in the fleet. Not sure what it will look like on the ugly ducklings
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
As my friend said when I showed him the pure blue refreshed paint job ''at least it doesn't look like Lidl anymore''

hugolover and hhdl like this.

Last edited by headingwest; Feb 11, 2018 at 2:08 am
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:02 am

Am I one of the few that actually quite like it? It seems a lot more clean, modern and fresh. The font, I’m yet to see any substantial differences with Helvetica, so not hugely convinced there.

I do like the concept of separating out the yellow and blue - again, that seems much purer from a design and branding perspective. Definitely a thumbs up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.