Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any info on LH 438 delay today?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Any info on LH 438 delay today?

Does anyone have info on the reason that LH 438 (FRA-DFW) was so delayed today? I saw something on Twitter saying that LH 438 had declared an emergency and returned to FRA but it did not specify the reason. I am on LH 439 (DFW-FRA) which is now delayed 5 hours...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Probably doesn't help you now, but this appeared today:

http://avherald.com/h?article=4ad54486&opt=0

A Lufthansa Airbus A330-300, registration D-AIKN performing flight LH-438 from Frankfurt/Main (Germany) to Dallas Ft. Worth,TX (USA), was climbing out of Frankfurt when the crew stopped the climb at FL270 due to a smoke indication in the crew rest area. The aircraft returned to Frankfurt for a safe landing on runway 25C about 25 minutes later.

A replacement A330-300 registration D-AIKR reached Dallas with a delay of 5.5 hours.

A passenger reported the captain announced a smoke indication in the crew rest area. They were later informed the smoke indication was identified false.

The occurrence aircraft remained on the ground for about 23 hours, then departed for the next day's flight LH-438.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.