Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Helpdesk/Reservations not answering the phone today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
LOT Helpdesk/Reservations not answering the phone today

Tried calling LO (from PL) several times this morning and couldn't get any answer after waiting up to 20 mins per call. Whether I select Polish or English makes no difference.

Have they all gone home for the weekend? According to the website, I have the following numbers for helpdesk/reservations - (+48) 22 5777755 and (+48) 22 5779952. However, neither of these resulted in a human being picking up the phone.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:39 am

Długi weekend - they're probably off to Mikołajki or up in Kołobrzeg

Perhaps worth trying UK customer services (+442037888001)?

G
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Długi weekend - they're probably off to Mikołajki or up in Kołobrzeg

Perhaps worth trying UK customer services (+442037888001)?

G
Yes, I was thinking the same thing.. it's only one day off (Tuesday) but the Poles really love their long weekends and it seems as if the entire country has emptied (actually a great time to be in WAW).

In the end I resolved it by sending them a message via FB. They're very quick in acknowledging enquiries sent to them via Messenger but if you ask for information about IRROPS, etc., often the response is quite generic ('your flight has been delayed due to technical issues').

I also noticed that my M&M account has not been updated to show the KRK flight I took several days ago - usually it shows within 24 hours, so at the moment there's definitely a feeling of nobody home.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:02 am

I think the call center might just have been busy. A bit of a operation meltdown in Warsaw recently.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
Yesterday and day before there were about 5-6 flights cancelled any many delayed because of some aircraft not operational. It is the reason of the long wait on the hotline.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
actually a great time to be in WAW
[OT] Indeed - and particularly for a couple of reasons above all, namely 1. Less time spent in traffic/no packed busses or trams and 2. Significantly more bearable temperatures compared to other parts of Europe (after a summer spent on business projects mostly in Sarajevo and Rome, I started missing the British weather slash Polish winter and that basically says it all). [/OT]

That said, I'm glad to hear you got everything sorted.

G
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:57 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by sinus
Yesterday and day before there were about 5-6 flights cancelled any many delayed because of some aircraft not operational. It is the reason of the long wait on the hotline.
One B787 had an accident in YYZ (actually AC Rouge fault): http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...port-1.4237189

Not sure why other flights were cancelled.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:25 pm

Supposedly as high as 17 CXs on Saturday.
Peak fleet utilization period with peek fleet unreliability and a dose of bad luck.

Much more info on the Polish forums about that if anyone cares to follow up on the details.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Which Polish forums?

Originally Posted by Lack
Supposedly as high as 17 CXs on Saturday.
Peak fleet utilization period with peek fleet unreliability and a dose of bad luck.

Much more info on the Polish forums about that if anyone cares to follow up on the details.
Hi,

Which Polish forums are you referring to and are they in English?
Cheers
Steve
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
Hi,

Cheers
Steve
The most active forums seem to be the ones on fly4free.pl (Polish only)

I do check those myself occasionally. The hotels subforums are less useful as everyone seems to be either Accor or IHG (SPG is like one post per year!).
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
Lotnictwo.net.pl - Polish only as far as reading material goes I'm afraid.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:11 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Flew from LHR earlier today and checked the departure board. Long haul network still a mess (YYZ cancelled), but I think they managed to stabilize the short haul network over the 'dlugi weekend'. Now in the lounge waiting for my WAW-KRK flight - so far the evening bank looks reasonably good - KSC slightly delayed, TLV - 45 minute delay.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
So far the evening bank looks reasonably good - KSC slightly delayed, TLV - 45 minute delay.
Today all flights to and from WAW in the afternoon had delays due to airspace restrictions over Warsaw because of a military parade. Those KSC and TLV delays are probably carried over from the previous flights today.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marcoos
Today all flights to and from WAW in the afternoon had delays due to airspace restrictions over Warsaw because of a military parade. Those KSC and TLV delays are probably carried over from the previous flights today.
I was observing the air traffic from my pad in Mokotow and almost all the copters, etc. were active from about 11AM-1PM. I wasn't aware that Assumption Day was such a big military thing. Was it always like this or has PiS just amped it up?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
For the state it's not Assumption Day, it's Armed Forces Day. These two holidays just happen to be on the same day.

It always was quite an important holiday post-1992, though I can't recall whether they restricted airspace previously or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.