Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access for my parents if I give them my SEN card and BP?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Lounge access for my parents if I give them my SEN card and BP?

I have a bit an unusual question: I am travelling with my parents in couple of months and we will have a 2h30 transit in FRA. I am a LX SEN and as you know can only host one guest to the FRA SEN lounge (and do not want to spend 40EUR to pay for lounge access). I was thinking of giving my dad my boarding pass and SEN card so that he and my mom can 'experience' the SEN lounge, which they would be very excited about (as non-frequent travellers).
Is there anything that could happen? Does LH has my date of birth or even a photo on file so that they could realise that my dad is not me?
On the other hand, it should be possible that I visit the FTL lounge with another copy of the BP while my parents are on the SEN lounge, right? Or should I even give it a try to also get into the SEN lounge with a copy of my BP, as one does not have to sign-out upon exiting the lounge and one easily can go out and then come back after doing some shopping etc.?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Nope, won't work. Name on card has to match boarding pass.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sannmann
Nope, won't work. Name on card has to match boarding pass.
LOL

Did you even try to read ALL of the OP's query?

OP, aside from the very questionable nature of what you're suggesting (which is, IMO a pretty big thing), there shouldn't be anything, at least system-wise, that prevents you from doing what you suggest.

While not exactly the same, there have been threads where travellers with more than 1 companion have worked the system to get them all in, for example, guesting one companion into one lounge, then exiting that lounge and guesting the other companion in to another lounge in a terminal with more than one lounge.

I guess what you could do is ask if you can have your parents stay in the lounge instead of you, and then you just go to another lounge...
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:16 am

They do not have any photos on file, birthday they often enough have. Anyway usually if they scan the BP on the scanner which gives a green light the agent won't even bother to check any further. There is a very high chance (over 95%) that there won't be any issues for your dad entering the lounge with our boarding pass.

Anyhow, I wouldn't push my luck and trying to enter the same (or the FTL lounge) with the same boarding pass as a different person.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:51 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Viennafly
Is there anything that could happen?
It is unlikely that anything will happen, but should they discover your fraudulent act, they may possibly as per their terms and conditions exclude you from M&M with your miles forfeited.

I wouldn't take the risk unless you don't care about M&M, have few miles and a backup FFP.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:55 am

You could enter the lounge with your dad as guest, then walk outside, put on a fake beard, sunglasses, a big wig and change your clothes. Then enter the lounge again with the mom as your guest.
Take pictures and post here!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
This is unlikely to cause any issues for your parents when entering the lounge. Afterwards you enter the lounge scanning a BP on your cell phone or a second issued BP - nobody will bat an eyelid.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Quite a lot of risk to save a few Euros. Either pay 40 Euro, take only one guest or stay outside alltogether. LH is not stupid. If they catch you, your card will be cut in 2 Parts.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:50 pm

You can ask a fellow lounge visitor to invite one of your parents to the lounge as their guest. I'm sure many won't mind helping you out.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by dtbe
You can ask a fellow lounge visitor to invite one of your parents to the lounge as their guest. I'm sure many won't mind helping you out.
I also second this idea, I am sure than in a few minutes you will find somebody that will be happy to invite one of your parents as a guest.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
OP's plan will work but if the lounge agent asks for photo ID you/he is sort of hosed.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Who would do this to his parents?

Sending one's father off to engage in petty theft & fraud to save a few Euro and calling it a treat while warning your father that he must lie and might get caught out and cost you your status, is hardly an enjoyable experience.

Millions of people transit FRA and other major airports every year without accessing a lounge and do quite well at it. If you are not inclined to spend the EUR 40, don't. Find something less costly but enjoyable to do.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
OP's plan will work but if the lounge agent asks for photo ID you/he is sort of hosed.
I do not want to say that I find the OP's plan acceptable, but I have accessed hundreds of lounges and never ever has anybody asked for a photo ID.

My suggestion would be to just spend the 40 Euros and feel good about it. Between the three of them that's less than 15 Euros per person for all you can eat and drink. A bargain.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
Sending one's father off to engage in petty theft & fraud to save a few Euro and calling it a treat while warning your father that he must lie and might get caught out and cost you your status, is hardly an enjoyable experience.
This!

Originally Posted by Often1
Millions of people transit FRA and other major airports every year without accessing a lounge and do quite well at it. If you are not inclined to spend the EUR 40, don't. Find something less costly but enjoyable to do.
And this!

Sidenote: I don't get the obsession that some people seem to have with lounges. Sure, it's usually a nice gimmick, but I wouldn't want to spend more time than necessary in most lounges.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:39 pm
GIG

If it is a shared entrance for SEN- and Business-Lounge, then you can ask at the desk, if you could host 2 guests in the FTL-Lounge instead of 1 in the SEN-Lounge. I got this permission 2 or 3 times, when we were a group of 3 colleagues with only 1 SEN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.