Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss from BOS: companion rules for *G lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k
Swiss from BOS: companion rules for *G lounge access

We are flying tonight from BOS with Swiss. I am Star Alliance Gold, my wife is Star Alliance Silver. Can I get into the LH Senator lounge as *G and bring one guest? What about 2 guests: my daughter happens to fly roughly at the same time on LH, no status, though.

I checked the website at https://www.swiss.com/th/en/customer...p/lounges.html , but the links produce only 404 errors
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
How old is your daughter? If she is minor, then you can bring your daughter to Senator lounge.
If she is adult, then it will depend on the lounge dragon and how many people are in the lounge.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:09 am

I think you're at the goodwill of the lounge dragon, wouldn't get my hopes up.

Anywho, would you mind sharing some impression of the lounge? I think it has been recently refurbished/opened.

Originally Posted by volta
How old is your daughter? If she is minor, then you can bring your daughter to Senator lounge.
If she is adult, then it will depend on the lounge dragon and how many people are in the lounge.
Extra children access is only for SEN.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I presume that you are not flying in either F or J and that your *G status is not through either LH or LX. Thus, your access is as a *G from another *A carrier and solely through your *G status and no other reason. I also presume that as your daughter is flying independently on another carrier that she is not a very young child.

If so, here is the *A rule. It is clearly displayed on the *A website and it might be helpful if you went to the website and printed out the rules lest you be asked. You will be permitted one guest. That will be either your wife or your daughter.

As a Star Alliance Gold customer, you have access to any member airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo. You will need to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need also to show your valid Star Alliance Gold card. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest.

It is possible that a lounge receptionist might except a young child traveling with you, but another adult on a separate ticket is unlikely and with LH will almost certainly draw the standard, "that will not be possible."
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Just an idea: If your wife is M&M FTL ("LH silver" with C-lounge access) and you are *A Gold, you could all go to the business lounge together, as your wife would have access to the C lounge due to her status and you could take your daughter as a guest. ^
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, AMEX Plat (Marriott Gold), AMEX Hilton Aspire (Hilton Diamond)
even if they won't won't admit your daughter for free they only charge around $20 for biz lounge
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The BOS lounge is no longer separated into C/Senator and is terribly crowded due to LH/FRA & SK/CPH and LH/MUC & LX/ZRH leaving at roughly the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.