Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same day Flight changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:25 am
sam
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Same day Flight changes

Do Lufthansa offer any flexibility on same day Flight changes for Economy Classic fares?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:39 am

It depends on the underlying booking class/fare bucket. You can have a Economy Classic fare on a K as well as on a Y fare. The first will not be changeable without major penalties (change fee and paying up to available booking classes), the later should be okay to rebook on an earlier/later flight without too much trouble/up-fare repricing
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
You'll have to be on Economy Flex fare and pay the fare difference. With Economy Light and Economy Classic you pay €70 plus the fare difference. Not sure if there has to be availability in the same booking class (which could effectively make it impossible to change at all).
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Not sure if there has to be availability in the same booking class (which could effectively make it impossible to change at all).
No, you just have to pay up to the next higher available booking class. At least according to my experience.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:56 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by fassy
No, you just have to pay up to the next higher available booking class. At least according to my experience.
Thanks. So unless there is a seat available for the same price or less (do you get a refund? ), there is no such thing as a free change to another flight even with a flexible ticket in that case?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:25 am

You get a free change on a flexible ticket if the original or cheaper booking class is still available. Since I often travel on B or Y I usually can change for free.

I don't think you get a refund. Or at least I never got one. In the end if you have a Y ticket and they look for availability on another flight they can put you in Y - even though K might be available as well.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:56 am

You get a free change on a flexible ticket if the original or cheaper booking class is still available. Since I often travel on B or Y I usually can change for free.

I don't think you get a refund. Or at least I never got one. In the end if you have a Y ticket and they look for availability on another flight they can put you in Y - even though K might be available as well.
I thought with the Economy Light/Classic/Flex malarkey, the booking class went out of the window and it's all to do with the label they decide to use. I can buy an Economy Flex ticket in K.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:40 am

Rules are the same for all booking classes. Doesn't matter if a Y or a K booking class.

Light: Not possible to rebook or cancel.
Classic: Rebooking 70€ + fare difference, not possible to cancel
Flex: Rebooking and cancellation for free, but need to pay the fare difference.

The big question is now what the fare difference means: In all my experience over the last months for a same day change it means the move you from K to Y and you pay quite a good amount of money. If you rebook a flight a few weeks out there is a good chance you can get rebooked for free if the same booking class is available.

In my opipion this is scam as it devaluated the old higher booking classes, e.g. you can end up on a very expensive but not flexible Y ticket.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
For domestic flex fares you can now be rebooked into any booking class without penalty as long as its the same day.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:11 am

Rules are the same for all booking classes. Doesn't matter if a Y or a K booking class.

Light: Not possible to rebook or cancel.
Classic: Rebooking 70€ + fare difference, not possible to cancel
Flex: Rebooking and cancellation for free, but need to pay the fare difference.
I have seen Economy Light which allows rebooking for 70€.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:53 am

I have seen Economy Light which allows rebooking for 70€.
Interesting... so even there it is inconsistent... and here one of those expensive B class examples:

Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
(do you get a refund? )
You do not get a refund of fare, but in case the taxes are cheaper, the tax difference is refunded

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.