Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish Airlines Upgrade with Cash or Bid?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

LOT Polish Airlines Upgrade with Cash or Bid?

Hi fellow travelers!

I'm flying LOT Polish Airlines from Chicago to Warsaw round-trip and had a question regarding upgrades.

LOT sent me an email with the bidding procedure to get a business class seat or premium economy seat. Was wondering if anybody had luck using the bidding procedure with LOT?

Also, has anybody had a better experience just trying at the airport and asking to see if there are any cash upgrades? Any idea which one might provide the better deal? I know loads will play a huge factor.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: DL, AA, AV, AC
I was quoted at the gate the equivalent of about C$480 for an one way upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy for Warsaw-Toronto. This was at the gate, not online bidding. They were making announcements about possibilities to upgrade at the gate. Even after the flight had taken off, the flight attendant was still making announcements about it.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: SPG- Platinum, Marriott- Gold, United- Platinum, Hertz- 5 Star
Just wanted to share my recent experience of bidding for an upgrade to Premium Economy from Economy. Flight was Tokyo to Warsaw on a Thursday (but during the holiday season). We bid 1,000,000 PLN ($265) online and it was accepted a day before departure. For reference, I checked the website on availability 4 days before departure and they were still selling 6 tickets in premium economy. It seemed they were handing out upgrades at the gate (unsure if this was people who had bid online)

Their website is difficult to navigate but I'm glad it worked out. I think it was worth it to cost for an 11.5 hour flight. Bigger seats, better food, good service.
N1003U likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
I fly PEK-WAW often and there is a big difference... online bidding I usually clear from Premium Economy to Business for ~250-400 USD, at the check in desk I often am quoted like ~500-600 USD and onboard a whopping ~1,000 USD.

Theres a decent thread on this too where you can pick up some data points:
LOT upgrade pricing
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by cwgators22
Just wanted to share my recent experience of bidding for an upgrade to Premium Economy from Economy. Flight was Tokyo to Warsaw on a Thursday (but during the holiday season). We bid 1,000,000 PLN ($265) online and it was accepted a day before departure. For reference, I checked the website on availability 4 days before departure and they were still selling 6 tickets in premium economy. It seemed they were handing out upgrades at the gate (unsure if this was people who had bid online)
Wow, the zloty has really tanked during the holidays!
hugolover, N1003U, dromack and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.