Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Now TSA PREcheck Eligible

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:36 pm

SFO TSA Precheck

Hello FTers,

I'll be flying SFO-MUC in LH business class. I have Global Entry. Does LH participate in TSA Precheck at SFO? Also, at what time does the LH counter open to issue BP for the 8:55p departure flight?

Thank you!
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by pnsnkr
Hello FTers,

I'll be flying SFO-MUC in LH business class. I have Global Entry. Does LH participate in TSA Precheck at SFO? Also, at what time does the LH counter open to issue BP for the 8:55p departure flight?

Thank you!
precheck: yes
counter: i think officially 2 hours before but I was able to drop my bags with swiss before (when I got to the airport around 5pm)
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by daumueller

precheck: yes
counter: i think officially 2 hours before but I was able to drop my bags with swiss before (when I got to the airport around 5pm)
Thank you!

For some weird reason I wasn't able to get BP issued at T-24 but now at T-5 I have a BP with TSA PRE check stamp issued through the mobile app.

Last edited by pnsnkr; Jun 30, 2018 at 4:48 pm Reason: Success with mobile app check-in
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:31 am

LH boarding passes say TSA PRE

Flying FRA to IAH tomorrow on LH. Our boarding passes have TSA PRECheck.

Is there really a PRECheck Line in FRA?

Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Kensterfly
Is there really a PRECheck Line in FRA?

No, no such thing in Germany. I think LH prints it on the boarding passes for people connecting in the US as in some cases you get just one boarding pass with multiple flights on it. Guess it was easier for their IT this way
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by fassy
No, no such thing in Germany. I think LH prints it on the boarding passes for people connecting in the US as in some cases you get just one boarding pass with multiple flights on it. Guess it was easier for their IT this way
thank you. That’s what I thought but wondered if there was something new.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, CO Gold
Pre-check at Newark EWR Terminal B (B3 gates)

Clearing security at EWR's Terminal B for an LH/SK/OS flight has in the past been reliably unpleasant, whether you are using Fast Track or not, but the TSA's website now indicates that there now is an afternoon Pre-check lane at the B3 gates (as well as at the B1 gates). Does anyone have first-hand experience with Pre-check at Terminal B? Is it a proper lane, or is it some form of Pre-lite (regular line + laminated orange card that lets you keep your shoes on)?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are already checked in and don’t have any bags to cgeck, you should be able to go through security in terminal C and then take the shuttle bus to B.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, CO Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
If you are already checked in and don’t have any bags to cgeck, you should be able to go through security in terminal C and then take the shuttle bus to B.
Thanks. I was aware of this option, but with luggage to check, I was hoping to avoid the trek back and forth to Terminal C. Interestingly, both UA's map of EWR and the TSA website now indicate a Pre checkpoint at Terminal B, something that was not there a month or two back, so I'm curious to know whether it is indeed true Pre.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:04 am

Bumping this up and adding the following question:

1) is there now full precheck at EWR Term B?

2) If so, can only LH passengers use it, or does OS (Austrian) now do precheck?

Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OS is still not part of it: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/map#EWR
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Pyrric experience @ BOS

Got TSA PRE on my BP. However, was told that Terminal E doesn't start PRE until 17:30, which is when LH flights depart. Got to keep my shoes on and went through regular metal detector not nude-o-scope, but had to remove baggie and electronics.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Got TSA PRE on my BP. However, was told that Terminal E doesn't start PRE until 17:30, which is when LH flights depart. Got to keep my shoes on and went through regular metal detector not nude-o-scope, but had to remove baggie and electronics.
Strange. I always use pre for LX53 ...
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:27 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Can anyone advise where the KTN field is on lh.com? I can't figure out how to add my known traveler number to an existing ticket....

Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by TBD
Can anyone advise where the KTN field is on lh.com? I can't figure out how to add my known traveler number to an existing ticket....

Thanks.
I just checked in for our flight AUS to FRA for tomorrow. When it got to the page to enter passport info, there was a spot on the same page to enter KTN info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.