Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Baggage Thru Final Destination on Overnight Connection?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Check Baggage Thru Final Destination on Overnight Connection?

Not sure if this is a UA or LH question, so mod, please move as necessary

We have a FCO-MUC-LHR-ORD trip coming up with a 22-hour overnight connection in LHR. The FCO-MUC-LHR is on LH and LHR-ORD on UA. Can I have LH check our bags through to final destination (ORD)?

It would be a pain to drag our luggages (3 weeks worth of laundry for a family of 5) to central London for a night.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BlindPilot

We have a FCO-MUC-LHR-ORD trip coming up with a 22-hour overnight connection in LHR. The FCO-MUC-LHR is on LH and LHR-ORD on UA. Can I have LH check our bags through to final destination (ORD)?

It would be a pain to drag our luggages (3 weeks worth of laundry for a family of 5) to central London for a night.
I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think they can be checked through. There's available bag storage (left luggage) in the arrivals area.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by BlindPilot

I'm assuming it's all 1 ticket and just a connection - even though 22 hours long, correct?

I think it shouldn't be a problem. We did BRE (Bremen)-FRA-SFO, LH to UA connection and had an overnight in Frankfurt I think it was probably 17 or so hours and we checked our bags through no problem.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:10 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Where the initial flight in the itinerary is operated by Lufthansa, I'll move this discussion over to the Lufthansa forum

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:06 pm

I was able to check luggage thru with a less than 24 hour connection a few times in the last several years. Never a problem. Last one was a LX aaa-xZRH-bbb with an overnighter in ZRH. I would assume that the OP can check thru.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.