Wiki Posts
Search

TUN same plane turnaround?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
TUN same plane turnaround?

Is it feasible to do a same-plane turnaround at TUN? The plane arrives at 12.15 and leaves at 13.15. I will have no bags. Thanks, ps
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I did it once but emailed the station manager in advance. He had a staff member greet me on arrival with the new bp.
Normal procedure would be to go through immigration to checkin to get the new BP. By that time however checkin would have already closed.(no olci ex TUN!)
Old May 1, 2016, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Are you sure TUN has no OLCI? This list seems to suggest otherwise: https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002.
So if OLCI is possible, would 60 minutes be sufficient for a turnaround? It all depends on a transit facility being available. Can you confirm it is? Thanks, ps
Old May 1, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
By the way, are there any good premium fares in J or F ex-TUN on offer these days?
Old May 1, 2016, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by planestupid
Thanks. Are you sure TUN has no OLCI? This list seems to suggest otherwise: https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002.
So if OLCI is possible, would 60 minutes be sufficient for a turnaround? It all depends on a transit facility being available. Can you confirm it is? Thanks, ps
Depends very much on the immigration and security checks which can be quite a hassle in TUN. I wouldn't try the 60 min turnaround but I think on a good day (given you have a BP through OLCI) it should work out fine
Old May 2, 2016, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
Depends very much on the immigration and security checks which can be quite a hassle in TUN. I wouldn't try the 60 min turnaround but I think on a good day (given you have a BP through OLCI) it should work out fine
The question is: Does TUN have a transit area (like most major international airports do) or are all arrivals forced to go through immigration? If this is the case then one hour will not be enough, but if it's just a matter of getting off the plane, through a security check and back to the gate, then one hour should be enough. Has anyone tried connecting internationally at TUN?
Old May 2, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The question is: Does TUN have a transit area (like most major international airports do) or are all arrivals forced to go through immigration? If this is the case then one hour will not be enough, but if it's just a matter of getting off the plane, through a security check and back to the gate, then one hour should be enough. Has anyone tried connecting internationally at TUN?
The last time I was there, there was no transit area.
Are you sure about OLCI? There are some destinations where you can do OLCI but are then redirected to pick up the BP at the checkin desk!
(CAI, BKK are such destinations and when I was last in TUN this destination couln't issue Online BPs too)

Premium fares used to be good out of North Africa but this has pretty much evaporated.

My strategy of First class travel at third world pricing has pretty much collapsed too. I'm off to Manila though tomorrow
Old May 2, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
The last time I was there, there was no transit area.
+1, out of the plane directly to immigration.

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Are you sure about OLCI? There are some destinations where you can do OLCI but are then redirected to pick up the BP at the checkin desk!
(CAI, BKK are such destinations and when I was last in TUN this destination couln't issue Online BPs too)
I guess you have to pick up the BP as the desk for the document check.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Will not attempt then.
Old May 3, 2016, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you. Will not attempt then.
Is there a decent fare out there ex-TUN?

In the good old days FRA-TUN-FRA was a night rotation. Leaving FRA at 22:00 and then returning at 03:00 ex-TUN, arriving back in FRA at 05:00.

Great way to spend a night in NEK seats and drinking the local "Deluxe Beer" in the Tunis Air Lounge for a couple of hours!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I am looking at this fare but not being able to do a same-plane turnaround makes things a bit harder.

Any good airport hotels?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airoli
I am looking at this fare but not being able to do a same-plane turnaround makes things a bit harder.

Any good airport hotels?
TUN-FRA-IAH??

To answer your question, I didn't see any airport hotels but it is not that far to the city.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
TUN-FRA-IAH??

To answer your question, I didn't see any airport hotels but it is not that far to the city.
Did anyone tried here the same plane turnaround in the meantime?
Old May 17, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
The one with LH flight arriving 11.30pm and leaving 2.15am at night is feasible, if you are quickly out of the plane, through passport control to get your printed BP, it should be fine. The day-flight might be more complicated.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Hi everyone, is there any new info available about OLCI/mobile checkin for TUN? It sucks having to sit around for hours late at night in that airport waiting for the LH desk to open just for a BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.