Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

All LH A330 will lose F cabin: MUC in Winter 2016/17, FRA starting Summer 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All LH A330 will lose F cabin: MUC in Winter 2016/17, FRA starting Summer 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:30 am

A330 seatmap - matching to A340-300

Hi,
I am booked on LH MUC-YUL in March. Booking is indicating A330-300 - and I had flown this metal three times last year on this route. However, the seatmap popping up under "my booking" at LH.COM is not matching any of A330 configurations on seatguru any more. But it clearly fits to one of A340-300 configs. Any thoughts on this? Did LH retrofit 330 to match 340 config or they are planning to send 340 even 330 is indicated in booking?
Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by michal
Hi,
I am booked on LH MUC-YUL in March. Booking is indicating A330-300 - and I had flown this metal three times last year on this route. However, the seatmap popping up under "my booking" at LH.COM is not matching any of A330 configurations on seatguru any more. But it clearly fits to one of A340-300 configs. Any thoughts on this? Did LH retrofit 330 to match 340 config or they are planning to send 340 even 330 is indicated in booking?
Thanks
ok, thanks for moving my post, now it makes sense - YUL was moved to non-F on DEC 1, 2016, just few days after my /non-F/ flight. So seatguru needs to have 1 more A330 config to be added.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by michal
So seatguru needs to have 1 more A330 config to be added.
As always, Seatguru is utter crap when it comes to LH...
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
How does SFO Munich fare?

I am planning a trip in May / June, Will it still have F?

Also are there any plans to add First to SJC - Fra?

Flew BA return in F From SJC last week to LHR, first class was full on both flights, light loads in Y.

With the money in Silicon Valley not having a F product sounds like a missed opportunity!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
How does SFO Munich fare?

I am planning a trip in May / June, Will it still have F?

Also are there any plans to add First to SJC - Fra?

Flew BA return in F From SJC last week to LHR, first class was full on both flights, light loads in Y.

With the money in Silicon Valley not having a F product sounds like a missed opportunity!
No F to SJC. It's operated by LH Cityline. LHs plan is to reduce F capacity system-wide, not increase.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:06 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
SFO will have F from MUC/FRA/ZRH for some time to come.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I know most here on LH FT know this, but just in case a few missed these bits

Note the dates. Clearly Lucky is not happy.

"Lufthansa’s Grim First Class Prospects"
FEBRUARY 5, 2017 BY LUCKY

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...o-first-class/

"Lufthansa Drastically Cutting First Class Capacity… Again!"
APRIL 24, 2016 BY LUCKY

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...st-class-cuts/

"Lufthansa to take first class off ~20% of their longhaul aircraft"
FEBRUARY 22, 2013 BY LUCKY

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...haul-aircraft/

And this was posted last year at Routesonline:

Edit as of 03MAY16: Please refer to latest post for additional update.

Lufthansa recently has adjusted its inventory for long-haul service out of Munich, as the airline gradually closed reservation in First Class cabin on selected routes, mainly operated by A330-300 aircraft. The Munich-based A330 fleet by Summer 2017 season will be transitioning to 3-class cabin without First Class, based on current FLIFO and inventory listing.

Following routes sees First Class reservation being closed, with certain exceptions, including those operated by A340-600:
eff 21SEP16 Munich – Delhi Selected dates between 21SEP16 and 20OCT16 is still available to book in First Class
eff 01DEC16 Munich – Charlotte
eff 01DEC16 Munich – Montreal
eff 01DEC16 Munich – Mumbai
eff 01DEC16 Munich – Tehran Imam Khomeini
eff 03JAN17 Munich – Boston
eff 03JAN17 Munich – Chicago O’Hare First Class reservation closed until 31MAR17 inclusive
eff 02FEB17 Munich – New York JFK First Class reservation closed until 31MAR17 inclusive
eff 02FEB17 Munich – Washington Dulles
eff 04FEB17 Munich – Miami First Class reservation closed on Day 36

Codeshare partners UNITED and SWISS also closed First Class cabin reservation on selected routes listed above.

For flights on/after 26MAR17, following routes displaying 3-class A330-300 (C42E28M185) instead of 4-class (F8C42E21M145):
Munich – Charlotte
Munich – Delhi
Munich – Denver
Munich – Miami
Munich – Montreal
Munich – Mumbai
Munich – Riyadh
Munich – Tehran Imam Khomeini
Munich – Toronto
Munich – Vancouver
Munich – Washington Dulles

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...tes-from-16h2/
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

As you can see from this thread, that not really news. We have another thread detailling the remaining F routes. LH will operate about 10 destinations with F using A346 this summer. The rest is A346/A330 without F and BOM/DEL/BOS with A350 that have no F.

MUC will have 17 A346 remaining this summer that still have F, the entire A330/A350 will have no F.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:01 am

Wow someone really wants plucky to get some page hits
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:58 pm

ok, did anyone do a review of the new configuration? I've just booked MUC-IAD on the LH A330 thinking it was the old configuration and was ready to choose 3K - largest footwell from what I've read and away the galley/restrooms. when I went to choose seats and saw the seat map I was very confused until I stumbled upon this thread. now 3K is just another seat. I chose 1K, hopefully same ample footwell, but now not sure about the noise from the galley. Maybe 1A is better (taken unfortunately). What about 10A or 10K, behind the restrooms? it's a day flight but I intend to sleep to catch up on my ZzzZzz...
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Bulkhead will always have the footwell. Galley is far far away to be noisy. The lav is inbetween.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Bulkhead will always have the footwell. Galley is far far away to be noisy. The lav is inbetween.

The seat map on Lufthansa site doesn't show the lavatory. Did they remove them therefore placing the seat closer to the galley?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
a330 business class seat selection does not match seat charts

Hi:

Flying from YYZ to MUC on a a300-300 but the seat selection chart doesn't seem to match the seating charts on the Lufthansa site or seat guru.

On LH website it shows business class 1-5 rows, galley/toilets, 10-11 rows. Seat letters are what I expect, A/C, D/G, H/K from left to right, but none of the online seat charts match this pattern. I'm confused. Was hoping to get the "mini" business cabin.

Closest I see is this 7-row config on seatguru:

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lu...A330-300_C.php

But the rows numbering is different. The Lufthansa site shows the same configuration as the seatguru page.

I am missing something and was hoping someone could explain what I am missing...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by willryu
Hi:

Flying from YYZ to MUC on a a300-300 but the seat selection chart doesn't seem to match the seating charts on the Lufthansa site or seat guru.

On LH website it shows business class 1-5 rows, galley/toilets, 10-11 rows. Seat letters are what I expect, A/C, D/G, H/K from left to right, but none of the online seat charts match this pattern. I'm confused. Was hoping to get the "mini" business cabin.

Closest I see is this 7-row config on seatguru:

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lu...A330-300_C.php

But the rows numbering is different. The Lufthansa site shows the same configuration as the seatguru page.

I am missing something and was hoping someone could explain what I am missing...
It is this one. Reconfigured without F. http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...1065563446.pdf
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, HiltonHonors Diamond
Hi All,
So glad I found this thread, thought I was going crazy with none of the seat maps matching up.
So I am traveling with my husband in business class CLT to MUC in October in this new configuration. Can anybody recommend or warn me away from any particular seat?

We were thinking middle seats for the red eye over so we both have aisle access and on the side with a window for the day flight. Bulkhead in 1 is available, does that seat have extra leg room? My hustband is 6'5 so I try to get him as much legroom as I can.

Its still pretty wide open now but I noticed that row
10 AC G HK
5 AC DG

Are already booked on both of the flights. Is there something I don't know about those seats? Seems like those are the closest to the lavatory. Maybe crew rest ? and if so why leave 10D still open.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.