Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by photographer2012
1. Can we check in together in the business class counter ?
What airport will you depart from?

If possible, OLCI and skip this altogether. If you need to check bags, use your extra allowance and spare your boss the queue, he'll be happy about that. Although there is a different carpet color, queuing in C or F is still queuing.

Originally Posted by photographer2012
2. Is there any way I can grant him access to the FRA lounges ? (even for a fee).
No.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by mmff
What airport will you depart from?

If possible, OLCI and skip this altogether. If you need to check bags, use your extra allowance and spare your boss the queue, he'll be happy about that. Although there is a different carpet color, queuing in C or F is still queuing.

No.
Departing from TLV and BOG

We would probably do OLCI anyway but if we can enjoy a shorter queue in J check-in i wanted to enjoy it (as I wont go into the lounge without him....so I lose the main perk in FT...)

I just want to be sure they wont do some embarrassment of telling him he cant check in with me on J desks

Last edited by photographer2012; Aug 2, 2016 at 7:09 am
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
Does luggage interlining in the same PNR but on a different ticket from LH to TK work? Ticket A is LH Business so 2 bags, Ticket B is TK Eco so only 1 bag.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Arrivals Lounge in SFO

UA/PP/*G Arriving bus class on Swiss to SFO, is there an arrivals lounge I can use?

thanks
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
None, unless you are continuing on another *A flight.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: LH FTL
I am booking an award flight from London to JFK in October.

When I check the M&M platform there are lots of flight options available with Lufthansa and Swiss and one with Austrian.

Is there much difference between them in terms of service, comfort etc?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by markpatrick
I am booking an award flight from London to JFK in October.

When I check the M&M platform there are lots of flight options available with Lufthansa and Swiss and one with Austrian.

Is there much difference between them in terms of service, comfort etc?
If you are travelling by yourself in J, LX and OS offer "throne" seats that are better than LH's awkward configuration.

In Y LH is the better option.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by malmostoso
If you are travelling by yourself in J, LX and OS offer "throne" seats that are better than LH's awkward configuration.

In Y LH is the better option.
Thanks.

I'm flying in Y.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: Platinum
Newbie question on LX. My wife and I are flying on LX SFO-ZHR-CDG in C this November. How strict is LX for carryon luggage going to CDG and back? We avoid checking bags (because United/SFO can be a nightmare on small connections). We use Reddox Skytrain, in backpack mode. My wife is worried about the 8 kg limit. She thinks she carries about 9-10 kg on the average.

I suppose she can break out a packing backpack and stuff heavy stuff into it and split the load. She wants to bring back some souvenirs without worry.

Edit: my wife decided to see if she could slim down her pack, and got it down to 5 kg. By the way, we are both *Gold, does that make a difference?

Last edited by frankmu; Aug 6, 2016 at 9:14 pm Reason: Star Gold reference
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:57 am

*G doesn't make a difference (just more checkin baggage allowed if you've some allowance)

LX is (on European flights mostly) very strict regarding luggage. So in the worst case, you could be forced to gate check (if the size or weight it too much) - but since your longhaul ticket still does allow luggage, it would be for free (and actually, once LX does notice that, they might not want you to check it in anymore )

There will be some baggage checks, they're not happening on every flight, but quite often. LX's does for a while sell no-checkin-baggage fares, and thus people try to get everything in their carry-on. And when getting "caught" by the gate agents, the fee to checkin there is quite massive.

Again, in your case it doesn't matter, since you've baggage allowance anyway.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
LX is (on European flights mostly) very strict regarding luggage. So in the worst case, you could be forced to gate check (if the size or weight it too much) - but since your longhaul ticket still does allow luggage, it would be for free (and actually, once LX does notice that, they might not want you to check it in anymore )

There will be some baggage checks, they're not happening on every flight, but quite often. LX's does for a while sell no-checkin-baggage fares, and thus people try to get everything in their carry-on. And when getting "caught" by the gate agents, the fee to checkin there is quite massive.

Again, in your case it doesn't matter, since you've baggage allowance anyway.
aren't 2 carry-on bags 8kgs each allowed on LX shorthaul? I don't think a gate agent will be molesting C pax with carry-on limits...
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
aren't 2 carry-on bags 8kgs each allowed on LX shorthaul? I don't think a gate agent will be molesting C pax with carry-on limits...
Yes, as C pax frankmu and his wife can take two carry-on bags 8kg each plus a handbag, laptop bag or shoulder bag (max. 40 x 30 x 10 cm).
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
God, I shouldn't post without re-reading what I'm answering on.. still had Y somehow in mind. My bad.

Of course it's 2 pieces @ 8kg indeed for C.

But I've heard some stories that actually C pax were "molested" and had their luggage checked for weight/size indeed. But obviously a fat "C" on the boarding pass will work in almost all cases to go through with it. Just as a matter of fact that LX _does_ enforce the cabin limit in C as well sometimes (Mostly having to do with the fact that there are C pax without luggage allowance - those who did the "buy up" from Y Light fares..)
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
When does LX usually release blocked business class seats (the preferred throne seats)?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: A3
Hi everyone. I have lived in Tallinn Estonia for a bit over a year, and I am from SFO and studied in Germany, so it was only natural that I would join Miles and More because I only need to use Lufthansa, United, SAS and Adria (er.. Estonian Air R.I.P.). I am trying to complete 30 flight segments in 2016 to reach Frequent Traveler status, which shouldn't be so hard because almost every trip out of Tallinn features a connection each way.

However, despite entering each flight into the mileage request calculator, I have only been given 8 out of 30 flight segments, when I actually have about 25! Is this because I have an invalid booking class (I fly economy, and the letters are all over the place)? Do I need to contact each airline that I used separately to review each flight, or should I contact M&M/Star Alliance etc?

Thanks! I hope this is coherent as I just got off a 10 hour flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.