Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, SPG Gold
Newbie question:

I will be flying LH later this month with 6 segments in total, all in business (either J or D fare). This will be my first time flying LH and I am not a Miles & More member yet.

I was wondering what's the best way to capitalize on the high fare class and EQMs (it's a rare opportunity for me to fly in full-fare business!). In particular, I would appreciate suggestions as to where I should credit the miles, or if it's possible to complete a status challenge of some sort.

I am NYC-based, and have 50~100k points/miles in Chase, Amex, B6, and VX each. I fly transcon monthly (EWR/JFK-SEA), mostly in Y.

I am considering putting everything in UA, which would push me over 50K EQM, but unfortunately I don't have the EQDs for MP Gold. Is there a more efficient use of the miles?

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP,SPG GOLD,UA,AA,Kirs, IHG Plat
FC lounge access question

If I fly on a F SA award FRA - MUC - ORD and FRA - MUC is C since its doesn't have F, do I get FCL access in FRA?
TIA
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:08 pm

mistake
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Any conventional wisdom on best C seats on 744's? I assume the nose or upper deck? Also the seat map shows 7-abreast C seating in the main deck -- I thought all C was reconfigured at this point to new C?

I always prefer the UD its like flying on a private plane
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by JMM58
If I fly on a F SA award FRA - MUC - ORD and FRA - MUC is C since its doesn't have F, do I get FCL access in FRA?
TIA
Yes you do, in fact make sure you visit the FCT!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by dxue2012
Newbie question:

I will be flying LH later this month with 6 segments in total, all in business (either J or D fare). This will be my first time flying LH and I am not a Miles & More member yet.

I was wondering what's the best way to capitalize on the high fare class and EQMs (it's a rare opportunity for me to fly in full-fare business!). In particular, I would appreciate suggestions as to where I should credit the miles, or if it's possible to complete a status challenge of some sort.

I am NYC-based, and have 50~100k points/miles in Chase, Amex, B6, and VX each. I fly transcon monthly (EWR/JFK-SEA), mostly in Y.

I am considering putting everything in UA, which would push me over 50K EQM, but unfortunately I don't have the EQDs for MP Gold. Is there a more efficient use of the miles?

Thanks!
6 intra-EU segments at full fare would earn about 15k miles, which are not enough to earn any kind of status anywhere. If you really want to have status in *A you can try a match to TK (if you already have top tier status with another airline) and complete their challenge. Check the TK forum for details.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I flew on UA (purchased economy, upgraded via RPU) three weeks ago, and my LH miles have yet to post... How long does it usually take? Also this is my first flight credited to LH, so I had to use my temporary LH number.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
I flew on UA (purchased economy, upgraded via RPU) three weeks ago, and my LH miles have yet to post... How long does it usually take? Also this is my first flight credited to LH, so I had to use my temporary LH number.
It took about a week last time I credited UA flights to Miles & More. Do you have a PIN to access your M&M account? If so I'd use the Mileage request link on M&M website to request the miles. However, a new M&M member with a temporary paper card is supposed to use the PDF form for a retroactive mileage credit. The form may be found here:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/mediap..._417873623.pdf
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It took about a week last time I credited UA flights to Miles & More. Do you have a PIN to access your M&M account? If so I'd use the Mileage request link on M&M website to request the miles. However, a new M&M member with a temporary paper card is supposed to use the PDF form for a retroactive mileage credit. The form may be found here:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/mediap..._417873623.pdf
Ahh yes then I better request it online. How long does it usually take for that to get processed?

Last edited by TOMFORD; Jul 2, 2016 at 7:50 am
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Ahh yes then I better request it online. How long does it usually take for that to get processed?
I've only had to retro-claim miles once or twice but with the online form it only took a day or two.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
checked baggage allowance Lufthansa Delhi-Frankfurt-DFW

Booking United Award travel: wanted to confirm checked baggage allowance for Lufthansa one-way flight Delhi-Frankfurt-DFW.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000267

While in most cases, only 1 checked bag is allowed, above url on Lufthansa website mentions an exception for Journeys starting in India and flying to the United States, Canada (4)

Two bags each weighing up to 23 kg are permitted free of charge on the following routes:

4= Applies only to routes via Europe. Applies to the whole journey regardless of stopovers.

Will appreciate any experiences to confirm if this is accurate that 2 checked bags will be allowed per passenger and Lufthansa baggage rules will be applied on the ticket?

Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso
6 intra-EU segments at full fare would earn about 15k miles, which are not enough to earn any kind of status anywhere. If you really want to have status in *A you can try a match to TK (if you already have top tier status with another airline) and complete their challenge. Check the TK forum for details.
Thanks for the tip on TK status challenge! I forgot to mention that 2 of the 6 segments are actually long-distance flights (PEK-MUC and FRA-SEA). The full itinerary should earn around 25k~30k miles.

I understand that 25k is not enough miles for *G, but I just hate to see $10K EQDs going to waste. If only I had booked this ticket on UA stock...
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raj_cl
Booking United Award travel: wanted to confirm checked baggage allowance for Lufthansa one-way flight Delhi-Frankfurt-DFW.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000267

While in most cases, only 1 checked bag is allowed, above url on Lufthansa website mentions an exception for Journeys starting in India and flying to the United States, Canada (4)

Two bags each weighing up to 23 kg are permitted free of charge on the following routes:

4= Applies only to routes via Europe. Applies to the whole journey regardless of stopovers.

Will appreciate any experiences to confirm if this is accurate that 2 checked bags will be allowed per passenger and Lufthansa baggage rules will be applied on the ticket?

Thanks.
The link you provided appears to be broken but the following link should work.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...l=en&cid=18002

I have no personal experience but the information provided is very clear. If you are flying in Economy you should be able to check two bags weighing up to 23 kg each.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 5:50 pm

Hi, I booked a Lufthansa ticket using Aeroplan miles. How can I get the Lufthansa record locator?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I've only had to retro-claim miles once or twice but with the online form it only took a day or two.
Miles posted today. I hope the retro-claimed miles won't affect the time it takes for LH to issue me a permanent account number / card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.