Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: M&M FTL
some day ago I flew BLQ-MUC in S class, digital receipt confirms that.
but on the M&M website the entry was automatically entered as L class.

why is that? and is there any way I could get that handful of miles back?

Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by raffa
some day ago I flew BLQ-MUC in S class, digital receipt confirms that.
but on the M&M website the entry was automatically entered as L class.

why is that? and is there any way I could get that handful of miles back?

Something to do with being an EN codeshare [and 9xxx flight number]?

​​​​​​​No idea, just guessing...
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, LH S codeshare translates to EN L.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:10 pm

It isnt clear to me based on the below

I believe cancellation of award LH flight costs 50 Euros, but is there a deadline in which you should cancel your award ticket (to avoid more fees or penalty)? like 48h before flight, 1 week before flight etc?

And am i right you must call M&M up to cancel the LH flight? cannot cancel online even though you previously book the award flight online ?

Thank you
-------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/por...nodeid=2549891

2.3 Changes to bookings and cancellation
A charge of €50 per person (or the equivalent value in a foreign currency) will be made for rebooking or cancelling a flight award. You can only change the date and time of the flight when you rebook. It is not possible to change the route. Please note that rebookings or refunds may lead to additional charges for taxes, fees and surcharges.

At present, you can only cancel or (where permitted) change your flight award booked online via your local Miles & More Team.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yep, LH S codeshare translates to EN L.
sad to hear that, but where is that stated? how would I know?

I was very careful on the ITA website to find that flight.
what is the best strategy when looking to maximize the miles before booking a flight?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:50 pm

I’be seen mention on here (and elsewhere) of being either a Swiss, Austrian or Lufthansa member of M&M, and thus being LX*S/LX*G/OS*S/OS*G instead of LH*S/LH*G.

How does that work and is it simply country of residence based i.e. if you have an Austrian postal address you automatically become an OS*G?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:46 pm

Yes, it's only the country of residence.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by gnomey
I believe cancellation of award LH flight costs 50 Euros, but is there a deadline in which you should cancel your award ticket (to avoid more fees or penalty)? like 48h before flight, 1 week before flight etc?
And am i right you must call M&M up to cancel the LH flight? cannot cancel online even though you previously book the award flight online ?
Awards can be refunded even after a no-show upto one year after the date of issue. You do not need to cancel before departure, although it is a courtesy to the airline to free up a seat that would be otherwise blocked for you.

You can refund awards in the LH app. I would still call in though, so things are processed correctly.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:10 am

sad to hear that, but where is that stated? how would I know?

I was very careful on the ITA website to find that flight.
what is the best strategy when looking to maximize the miles before booking a flight?
There is no real way to know. We have some random reports here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ncomplete.html

Always try to avoid codeshares.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:06 am

Awards can be refunded even after a no-show upto one year after the date of issue. You do not need to cancel before departure, although it is a courtesy to the airline to free up a seat that would be otherwise blocked for you.

You can refund awards in the LH app. I would still call in though, so things are processed correctly.
Great, thank you so much!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Hi. I have a question which I can't seem to find the answer for anywhere. Is it possible to use Miles from Miles and More to book onto United Express services in the US? I am looking at SFO to PSP one way, and United shows saver award availability for the route and date I want, but on the Miles and More site they can't even search for PSP airport. Is it that I have to call to book, or is it that I actually can't book award flights with United Express?
Thanks a lot for help in advance
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:52 pm

I read somewhere that there's a dedicated telephone hotline for FTL customers.
I can't find it anywhere on my letter or website, and I'd like to have the number for Italy.
would someone be so kind to send it to me (also via PM)?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Hi. I have a question which I can't seem to find the answer for anywhere. Is it possible to use Miles from Miles and More to book onto United Express services in the US? I am looking at SFO to PSP one way, and United shows saver award availability for the route and date I want, but on the Miles and More site they can't even search for PSP airport. Is it that I have to call to book, or is it that I actually can't book award flights with United Express?
You have to call in. UX is not excluded per se. PSP does show up in the search engine but has no availability.

I read somewhere that there's a dedicated telephone hotline for FTL customers.
I can't find it anywhere on my letter or website, and I'd like to have the number for Italy.
would someone be so kind to send it to me (also via PM)?
Log in to M&M.com and click on 'help & contact' under the tab 'my miles & more'. That will show the FTL/SEN/HON lines in each country based on your status. As a SEN I see the +4969xxxx666 SEN number there and + 39 0899 198002 for Italy.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Thanks Oliver. Will give it a go.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:40 am

Log in to M&M.com and click on 'help & contact' under the tab 'my miles & more'. That will show the FTL/SEN/HON lines in each country based on your status. As a SEN I see the +4969xxxx666 SEN number there and + 39 0899 198002 for Italy.
I'm seeing +39 0899 198001 both when I'm logged in as FTL, or logged out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.