Wiki Posts
Search

Senator desk check in on Germanwings ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Senator desk check in on Germanwings ticket

Apologies if there are various threads on this but I write this on the way to boarding the plane so time is limited. I have just been refused checking in at the Senator desk at Vienna with a valid Senator card and Germanwings ticket. I was told that Senators with a Germanwings ticket can only use the business check in not the Senator desk. Is this correct and if yes can anyone explain why? Either I am a Senator or I'm not!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
They do not have the Germanwings system so it has nothing to do with the desk - it is the separate system of 4U that is needed.
At many airports you will not be able to use ANY LH check-in desk - for that same reason....maybe you misunderstood them because I seriously doubt that the business class check in has the required system either...they probably meant to send you to the 4U desk...
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
No, he made me move one desk down to the Austrian/LH business class check in who promptly checked me in. He said Germanwings ticketed Senators cannot use the Senator check in at Vienna and must use business class check in. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Another great enhancement for LH elites. Similar experience in ZRH 2 weeks ago. Arrived by train, wanted to drop off my bags at T3 checkin. Fehlanzeige! You need to schlepp over to T1 when flying 4U. Fact that I was booked on LH tix stock and LX fligt no didn't help.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I am totally unimpressed with the coordination of benefits between LH and 4U.

Yes, I know they are two different airlines. Yes, I know 4U is not a *A member.

But the little things should carry over. 4U does not use about the orange PRIORITY tags, even when connecting to a *A international flight. 4U does not allow the added baggage, even when connecting a *A international flight.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
This is next reason to not to fly on 4U ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.