Wiki Posts
Search

Lost Lufthansa > United connection to SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO777
We misconnected TLS-MUC-ORD last week with only a 45 minute MUC connection when TLS-MUC had a mechanical. But I knew the risks and it was the only possible way to get home a day early. We lost the bet but got a free hotel room that I would have otherwise had to pay, Wiener Schnitzel in the FCL and will get 1,200€.
Originally Posted by warakorn
Are you sure? Has assured to pay out or paid out?
Or did you just mean you will claim this money?
Just got an email from LH Customer Service apologizing for the delay and stating that they are mailing two $682.50 checks to us.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SFO777
Just got an email from LH Customer Service apologizing for the delay and stating that they are mailing two $682.50 checks to us.
Pas mal!

Well done ^ .
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: HH Diam, IHG Pl, Sirius G,Bonvoy LTG,Melia Pl,Shangri-La Diam,UA*G,Emirates G,Virgin Atl. G,Hertz PC
Got lucky

Booked BRU-FRA-SFO on UA C-class ticket with a BRU-FRA LH flight. Both boarding passes issued in BRU. Connection time 1h25. Weather delay for 1h out of BRU. Ran for like a mile between terminals, lost time at the customs check and arrived at the gate 10 min before departure. The gate agent told me that the doors were closing but I told her that I needed to be in SFO that day (which was true). She called the captain and they let me in! However my "good" upper deck (747) seat 16A was reassigned to someone else and I received a row 9 seat facing Y-class. Didn't mind too much since I made the flight. All my colleagues were rebooked to the next (afternoon 777) flight. Ironically, after the doors were closed, the captain anounced that the flight was delayed and we stayed for almost 2 hours at the gate with doors closed. Someone told me that if the captain reopens the door, he will be payed less (?). Don't know if this is true...
Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
lost time at the customs check
Could you please expand on this. I was never stopped or delayed at a customs checkpoint, leaving the European Union. I am quite curious how anyone could loose time at the customs check. Did you have anyone to declare? Did you have to wait for a VAT tax refund?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by darch1
Booked BRU-FRA-SFO on UA C-class ticket with a BRU-FRA LH flight. Both boarding passes issued in BRU.
This may be different from OP's situation in that although the plane operation is the same LH, in CPH it is SK that handles everything: check-in staff, BP and bag tag are all SK. Probably the boarding process too.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
This may be different from OP's situation in that although the plane operation is the same LH, in CPH it is SK that handles everything: check-in staff, BP and bag tag are all SK. Probably the boarding process too.
I find it very hard to believe that UA plus some paranoid US agency should not be the sole culprits in the OP's original ordeal.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: HH Diam, IHG Pl, Sirius G,Bonvoy LTG,Melia Pl,Shangri-La Diam,UA*G,Emirates G,Virgin Atl. G,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by warakorn
Could you please expand on this. I was never stopped or delayed at a customs checkpoint, leaving the European Union. I am quite curious how anyone could loose time at the customs check. Did you have anyone to declare? Did you have to wait for a VAT tax refund?
Before the departure gate in FRA there is a passport checkpoint. There was a queu and I lost at least 5 minutes, not much but when you are in a hurry it seemed an eternity. I didn't have to cross customs in BRU because it was a Schengen flight to FRA...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by darch1
Before the departure gate in FRA there is a passport checkpoint. There was a queu...
That is emigration ... not customs.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by weero
That is emigration ... not customs.
Or an additional document check for US departures... but definitely not customs.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I don't think I passed by any actual customs screening while leaving Frankfurt for Africa. Passport control was a breeze as well, but might take longer if you don't have a European biometric passport.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Or an additional document check for US departures... but definitely not customs.
... the one that prevented issuing a BP in the first place ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.