Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which MUC & FRA SEN lounges have cocktails?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
I find it still "interesting" how important alcohol is for many people especially when they are from north America.
If by "interesting" you mean speculating in the absence of facts surrounding comparative alcohol consumption by Germans and people from "north America" then I see exactly what you mean.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Or just maybe alcohol is not really important to you......
I find it still "interesting" how important alcohol is for many people especially when they are from north America.

I myself could not se me walking anywhere out of my way - to get an alcohol-fix
I would also add the Brits....judging from the posts in BAEC on alcohol.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think its mainly pax from the Middle East who are most crazy by alcohol judging by my time spent in the Dorchester and other such hot spots.

Anyway, only on FT could the suggestion be made that I'm an alcy...that I'd plan my entire trip based on bevvies or such like .

But hey, most of you are nice in real life and we got oliver2002 to try some of the sauce!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:10 am
chs

If you are gonna be in MUC

It's not free like a lounge mojito but the Airbrau has good beer in giant steins and a really nice version of what we call schwein shank (not sure the real German name) but a crispy skinned crackling pork shank. If you saw Anthony Bourdain visit the Old Heidelberg restaurant in NYC, we like their version but this was even better (shatteringly good melt in mouth skin, cheaper and in Germany). We had a stopover on the way to Denmark (United miles) and the Airbrau beer and pork experience was almost more memorable than the week in Scandinavia.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Originally Posted by chs
We had a stopover on the way to Denmark (United miles) and the Airbrau beer and pork experience was almost more memorable than the week in Scandinavia.
I am not surprised....
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is this still current? G, H and Sen Cafe?
No bar in MUC K SEN?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by hugolover
Is this still current? G, H and Sen Cafe?
No bar in MUC K SEN?
"Manned" bar in MUC L SEN non-Schengen. Cocktail menu on the bar there.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: LX SEN
The MUC SEN L (sattelite) has a staffed bar, with view on the tarmac, in addition to those already mentioned. It is one of my favorites.

The FRA lounges in Z have no staffed bars. But all have alcool and you can compose your own drinks.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Seems I will arrive onto L, so I might pop there before going to G!

Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:31 pm

Seems I will arrive onto L, so I might pop there before going to G!

Thanks.
Enjoy!

Most of the barkeepers are pretty inexperienced and use the „guide book“ provided by the caterer, when you order a cocktail, but then produce OK cocktails. I try to avoid the ones with a flavored syrup and go for the more straightforward ones, such as a mojito; they would even let me choose the brand of rum I wanted and customized the cocktail for me (e.g. less sugar).
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well it was all a bit odd. As I am familiar with the setup of such Lounges I was expecting to see the cocktail list on the bar, but no, it wasn't there. I asked her she said cocktails were available and passed me the list, then hid it behind the bar again. The holder for the list was on the bar too and looked perfectly serviceable.

I then had another drink about 30 mins later and again no list, so I asked, is the stand broken, she said no its not.

So I think she just didn't want any extra work. Its odd because her mojito was actually really good! So while she might hate doing the work, her work is good.

Oh and in G, I do not think there is a list there. The guy was very nice and he just didn't have the same amount of kit as she did at L. Certainly you can have better drinks and coffees but none of "The Lounge" cocktails.

Last edited by hugolover; Nov 13, 2018 at 4:27 am
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:54 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
IIRC the cocktail bars are manned in the SEN lounges on the non-Schengen level (H and L). The SEN lounge at G24 has a coffee bar with booze on the shelf and I think they should be able to help, although I haven't tried it out yet. Same applies to the SEN Cafe at G28. The SEN Lounge at G28 does not feature a staffed bar.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:35 pm

Well it was all a bit odd. As I am familiar with the setup of such Lounges I was expecting to see the cocktail list on the bar, but no, it wasn't there. I asked her she said cocktails were available and passed me the list, then hid it behind the bar again. The holder for the list was on the bar too and looked perfectly serviceable.

I then had another drink about 30 mins later and again no list, so I asked, is the stand broken, she said no its not.

So I think she just didn't want any extra work. Its odd because her mojito was actually really good! So while she might hate doing the work, her work is good.

Oh and in G, I do not think there is a list there. The guy was very nice and he just didn't have the same amount of kit as she did at L. Certainly you can have better drinks and coffees but none of "The Lounge" cocktails.
I was in L last week and the cocktail menu stand was on the bar. The bartenders, however, did not seem to be keen on actually making cocktails, one even went to get somebody else when I requested a cocktail. They then clinged to the „manual“ they had behind the bar. But the mojito I recommended and you enjoyed, too, was really good: lots of fresh mint and a selection of decent rums. Beats many bars.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was suitably impressed at the quality of F&B and staff at the MUC SEN lounges this week. I visited the SEN Cafe and the L SEN.

It's clear that Helga is really spending some money in the SEN Cafe. 24 month parma ham, a huge grana padano. The quiche Lorraine (stated as from Strasbourg) was absolutely delicious and a big round backlit glass ball of Macarons- heaven. I love Macarons. Strictly speaking due to the size they remind me of Luxemburgerli, but delicious nevertheless.

This kind of food is right up my street. Very simple and tasty.

The legacy Italian preparing dishes and drinks and his (only EN & IT) speaking colleague were delightful.

In the L Lounge I savoured a good few Mojito's with Santa Teresa 1796 rum... as I often do. Expertly prepared; no skimping on the mint, no sugar syrup (like FRA B) but demerara and plastic straws- So of course I asked Reginald to donate WWF to offset the whale deaths.

The chicken legs in the sauce is great lounge food as it suits being reheated (I presume) and doesn't dry out.

I appreciate so much that Helga has places to rest in the lounge. As a reminder, at the Gold level BArb has absolutely nothing. You're stuck on a sofa if you fancy a snooze. Absolute crap.

Oh and do I need to mention, one final dig at BArb-the lounges are very clean. Just like Helga's planes.
yurtripper and Vixit like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.