Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish upgrade bidding via Plusgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:34 am

Thanks! My assumption was based on the bidding proposal - on my previous leg PE was visibly cheaper (even though it got some 85% occupancy) while biz class a bit more expensive than now. I thought it might be a question of seats taken, otherwise I don't know.

Probably I'll follow your tip: getting some sleep would be great even though the upgrades to NYC are pretty expensive :/
Old Mar 10, 2024, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That does seem as cheap as it gets. I have a guideline of around 2700zl Y to C, and W to C 1400zl. Y to W might go as low as 1035zl. The LO PE seat and service is pretty decent compared to other carriers, it's the C seat/service that's poor against eg BA.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:08 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
In January the lowest possible bid for AMS-WAW was 385 PLN, now it's 450 PLN. Does the minimum bid is depending on travel class? It was T in January and now it's O.

The 450 PLN bid probably wasn't enough, since I got a mail that another passenger overbid me. The proposal was to enter 536 PLN, but when I raised the bid to 455 PLN, I got the message that the minimum to win was 495 PLN. Now it states I have the highest bid. Is there really a "competing" passenger or is this just the system trying to squeeze out as much as possible?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RBD does matter but I doubt there's anyone bidding against you, and it's not like an eBay auction for one item, but multiple seats. It's always been the case the upgrades are cleared on sliding scale, from sucker to thrifty pax. I've noticed C cabins are just as empty as before.

They put the prices up, but it probably was 385 including the 15% "deal".

AMS is a cold meal route, not even a dessert, probably better on the exit row and eating in the lounge? 450 is a lot to pay for extra 20 QP.
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:20 pm

Another question:
The mail with the boarding pass in January showed:

implying that booking class is "T", what was indeed the case.

The upgraded flight showed:

which then should have been booking class "I", a class that should not earn miles on TK, but nevertheless I received them.

So now I'm a little worried to buy upgrades if they might not earn miles. Anyone knows more about this?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
RBD does matter but I doubt there's anyone bidding against you, and it's not like an eBay auction for one item, but multiple seats. It's always been the case the upgrades are cleared on sliding scale, from sucker to thrifty pax. I've noticed C cabins are just as empty as before.

They put the prices up, but it probably was 385 including the 15% "deal".

AMS is a cold meal route, not even a dessert, probably better on the exit row and eating in the lounge? 450 is a lot to pay for extra 20 QP.
You're right, I now remember the 15% promotion.
I still need a few miles to re-qualify for TK gold. Upgrades are easier than planning a mileage run.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's always gone to I, but you'll get like Z, though note, it's not stated in the terms and conditions and it could change at any time.

https://www.lot.com/by/en/regulation...and-conditions
westi2002 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by westi2002
You're right, I now remember the 15% promotion.
I still need a few miles to re-qualify for TK gold. Upgrades are easier than planning a mileage run.
The promotion 5-15% shows up IIRC around 48h before, maybe 72h, based on how empty C is and whatever fire sale is running. There's no incentive to put in a bid before this time and recently the time to enter a bid was reduced to 24h.
westi2002 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by westi2002
Another question:
The mail with the boarding pass in January showed:
implying that booking class is "T", what was indeed the case.

The upgraded flight showed:
which then should have been booking class "I", a class that should not earn miles on TK, but nevertheless I received them.

So now I'm a little worried to buy upgrades if they might not earn miles. Anyone knows more about this?
Unfortunately I did not receive miles for my plusgraded outbound. At least not automatically (it's too early to retro claim them now). The mail from TK for the inbound was in my mailbox the moment I landed, therefore I assume I will get no miles, not even for the original booking class.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:55 am

Is it safe to assume that the bidding always goes up? Last time the WAV-JFK upgrade cost me 200 USD (in October) while now the cheapest option is 360 for mid-April.
I keep checking that occasionally during the last few weeks, but it never goes down.
Should I check it from time to time or better to invest my time in something else?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It will go down a few days before the fight, unless it’s full.
Caravai likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:14 am

Upgrading WAW-NRT-WAW

Dear Flying Experts,

This is my first post here! Been stalking this forum for a while now, but never really posted. I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of being a frequent flyer expert and this forum is a godsend

I have a WAW-NRT flight on LO80 (departure on 26 April) and return on LO79 (on 11 May) on Premium Economy (A). And I have two separate but linked questions:
  • I requested about 2 months ago for a miles upgrade for 2 pax for the WAW-NRT leg via M/M OS (I'm only a member, no status. But I have enough miles).
    • I am currently waitlisted, but I can see 5 seats still available in J class through the manage my booking on LOT's website.
    • However, as Expertflyer doesn't show the types of seats left (I can see which seats are "occupied" using the seatmap function).
What do you think the chances are for the upgrade to happen (given the lack of status, etc.)? The Plusgrade minimum bid for this leg is EUR 375. Should I just bid for the Plusgrade instead?
​​​​​​​
  • I got the e-mail invitation to bid for an upgrade on both legs, and I decided to bid for the Plusgrade the minimum (445 EUR per pax) for the return flight NRT-WAW.
    • On the same seatmap function on Expertflyer, I can see that there 2 "available" seats left.
What do you think (based on your experiences) are the chances for the Plusgrade to happen?

Thank you very much!
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:03 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Never make booking percentage estimates based on ASR seatmaps. If anything, look at flight availability instead. If it's J0, it's full. If it's J2, then there's a solid chance there's 2 J seats to be had.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:04 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Never make booking percentage estimates based on ASR seatmaps. If anything, look at flight availability instead. If it's J0, it's full. If it's J2, then there's a solid chance there's 2 J seats to be had.
I use ExpertFlyer for the seatmaps, but which app/site do you use to check overall J availability?

On local intra-European flights, how many days before departure are you likely to hear whether your bid has been accepted or rejected?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:09 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Expertflyer will give you availability, but you need the paid subscription.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.