Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie question on Award flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Newbie question on Award flights

Trying to book one-way award ticket bos-zrh (direct), end of august. Both mileageplus and aeroplan show business class availability, but have strict preference for economy (flying with others who can only fly economy). It seems the economy flight shows available on the M&M booking site, but can't proceed further as I don't have enough miles. My questions:

1. Is the economy flights truly available on M&M? (I checked 30 and 31st).
2. any way to have the flight show up on mileageplus or aeroplan to book there?
3. if not, what would be the total miles (i assume 30k)? and fees for booking on m&m?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
Trying to book one-way award ticket bos-zrh (direct), end of august. Both mileageplus and aeroplan show business class availability, but have strict preference for economy (flying with others who can only fly economy). It seems the economy flight shows available on the M&M booking site, but can't proceed further as I don't have enough miles. My questions:

1. Is the economy flights truly available on M&M? (I checked 30 and 31st).
2. any way to have the flight show up on mileageplus or aeroplan to book there?
3. if not, what would be the total miles (i assume 30k)? and fees for booking on m&m?
1. Yes, I can find up to 4 Economy award seats on both 30th and 31st on M&M.
2. No idea whether these award seats will be released to partners.
3. 30K miles plus approx. USD 265 per person.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Re 2, Try calling in MileagePlus, I managed to book some flights that weren't available online over the phone.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hdogan
Re 2, Try calling in MileagePlus, I managed to book some flights that weren't available online over the phone.
Thanks for the tips! yes, I tried calling MP but they showed same inventory as online. Is there any other number to call?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I don't think so. I am 1K, FWIW, I'm not sure about your status. On the other hand, as NewbieRunner said, it might be that LX just didn't release award seats on that flight to *A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.