Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To check through or not check through ...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
To check through or not check through ...

... not sure about the forum to post this in - my justification for posting here is that I booked an M&M award, and that some of the (in)action will happen at DUS.

Anyway, the outbound of my award is day 1 lunchtime CPH - DUS (SK), day 2 afternoon DUS - ZRH (LX, may be operated by a sub), day 3 morning ZRH - NBO (LX). I would really like to check my luggage through to NBO when I check in @CPH, and I assume that "technically", this will be no problem (although I'll happily stand corrected). The reason for opening this thread is that I'm worried that my luggage will get lost over night either at DUS or at ZRH - do you guys have any views? [I once checked a bag at FRA in the morning for a late evening flight to ZRH, then flew to TXL and back during the day - separate PNR - and my bag failed to show up at ZRH, so I'm a bit paranoid].

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Don't know if it's actually possible to check your bags overnight like that. I'm pretty sure LH will want you pick up the bag and recheck in the morning. At least I seem to recall that being the case for me once a long time ago when I wanted to do something similar.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:38 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by ObserverA3
... not sure about the forum to post this in - my justification for posting here is that I booked an M&M award, and that some of the (in)action will happen at DUS.

Anyway, the outbound of my award is day 1 lunchtime CPH - DUS (SK), day 2 afternoon DUS - ZRH (LX, may be operated by a sub), day 3 morning ZRH - NBO (LX). I would really like to check my luggage through to NBO when I check in @CPH, and I assume that "technically", this will be no problem (although I'll happily stand corrected). The reason for opening this thread is that I'm worried that my luggage will get lost over night either at DUS or at ZRH - do you guys have any views? [I once checked a bag at FRA in the morning for a late evening flight to ZRH, then flew to TXL and back during the day - separate PNR - and my bag failed to show up at ZRH, so I'm a bit paranoid].

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
I have checked bags through w/overnight stopovers in ZRH on a number of occasions (as well as in BKK and SIN). Never had an issue. I would imagine for this to work in DUS as well. However, I don't know if you can check bags with on an itin with 2 consecutive overnight stops.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
Thanks both. I just talked to a SAS check-in agent @CPH as I was at the airport anyway. He advised that the last flight would not be open for check-in when I'll check in for the first flight, hence they would be unable to check the bag through to NBO but would probably be able to check it through to ZRH.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I think this counts for most *A partners. I had a flight AKL-BKK-SIN with a 48 hour stopover in BKK last year. Also got told the bags needed to be collected in BKK again as it was impossible to store them for so long as checked through luggage.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Overnight check in is not possible in DUS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.