Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reviews/Feedback on LH Premium Economy flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 11:23 pm

PE seat suggestions

Hi All,

I'm flying on PE long haul with my wife and our 5 y.o. daughter and browsed some of the forums for best seats in PE. It seems to be a bit confusing and I'm asking some real life or educated guess help here.

From what I get, bulkhead seats are generally more desirable because of the legrest vs footrest in other rows. Of course, most of them are already booked

I am Sen, if that matters (maybe they block the seat beside me).So here is my plan:

A380
row 50 would be better, but that is for babies so I booked row 52 D(daughter) 52 E (wife) 52G (myself) - maybe 52 F will remain blocked if the plane is not overbooked. There are no 2 available seats on any 2-seat areas. I read mixed reviews of row 52: bulkhead but close to stairs. Is that really bothering?

A340-600
row 24 H (wife) 24K (daughter), 25H for myself. Maybe 25 K will be free, but anyway, at least my wife can recline on me any time bulkhead was not available. Is the last row (26) more desirable?

Thanks in advance for the pieces of wisdom^
Old May 30, 2017, 8:01 am

LH A346 PE - Window seats for a couple

I'll be on LH A346 PE cabin in July and need to select seats for my wife and I.

We're currently assigned 23HK on the outbound and 22HK on the return. All seats on rows 25 and 26 show as available at this point. I like to have a window to look at, so I think this rules out row 25.

How would you rank the window seats on rows 22, 23, 24 and 26?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Utazo
Hi All,

I'm flying on PE long haul with my wife and our 5 y.o. daughter and browsed some of the forums for best seats in PE. It seems to be a bit confusing and I'm asking some real life or educated guess help here.

From what I get, bulkhead seats are generally more desirable because of the legrest vs footrest in other rows. Of course, most of them are already booked

I am Sen, if that matters (maybe they block the seat beside me).So here is my plan:

A380
row 50 would be better, but that is for babies so I booked row 52 D(daughter) 52 E (wife) 52G (myself) - maybe 52 F will remain blocked if the plane is not overbooked. There are no 2 available seats on any 2-seat areas. I read mixed reviews of row 52: bulkhead but close to stairs. Is that really bothering?

A340-600
row 24 H (wife) 24K (daughter), 25H for myself. Maybe 25 K will be free, but anyway, at least my wife can recline on me any time bulkhead was not available. Is the last row (26) more desirable?

Thanks in advance for the pieces of wisdom^
The front stairs on the A380 aren't used during flight...that area is curtained off, and the stairs aren't a bother at all. The aisles beside the stairs (rows 50 and 51) is very wide, and it's a wonderful place to stretch during a long flight.

The only thing i would would do differently is try to get one of a pair to have 3 seats in a row, for example C, D, and E or F, G, and K.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by mmff
I'll be on LH A346 PE cabin in July and need to select seats for my wife and I.

We're currently assigned 23HK on the outbound and 22HK on the return. All seats on rows 25 and 26 show as available at this point. I like to have a window to look at, so I think this rules out row 25.

How would you rank the window seats on rows 22, 23, 24 and 26?
In your case, I would take row 25 and "miss" the window any time.
It is definatwly worth the comfort and space.
Rows 23,24,26 are all the same, 22 has limited legroom due to the bulkhead.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Same odd config on LH.com for PE on the A346:

Interpreting the last 200+ posts, 25A/K is best for those traveling alone and not worried about bulkhead/legroom?
Attached Images  
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by weezl
Same odd config on LH.com for PE on the A346:

Interpreting the last 200+ posts, 25A/K is best for those traveling alone and not worried about bulkhead/legroom?
Yes. The middle row has massive legroom but it becomes a cut-through for passengers which would be very annoying (to me at least).
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:04 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I am flying to IAH from FRA in 3 weeks (or I should, I am monitoring the situation and will advise soon). Plane will be an A388. I choosed my seats using this thread as a guide, although this flight seems busy and there was not much free seats left.
Regarding the meals, what will the second meal be for PE ? A snack or something more consistent ?
Second question, can I plug my own noise cancelling headphone in the IFE (Parrot Zik 2.0) or do I need a one to two pin adaptor ?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I am flying to IAH from FRA in 3 weeks (or I should, I am monitoring the situation and will advise soon). Plane will be an A388. I choosed my seats using this thread as a guide, although this flight seems busy and there was not much free seats left.
Regarding the meals, what will the second meal be for PE ? A snack or something more consistent ?
Second question, can I plug my own noise cancelling headphone in the IFE (Parrot Zik 2.0) or do I need a one to two pin adaptor ?

I do not know which seat you have selected but my favorite is 50 A/C/H/K where 50A and K are blocked until OLCI. Regarding the Food you get for a second meal some eggs and that stuff for breakfast, same as on all Y flights, no differece.
You can plug in your headphones without any additional adapter.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
I Regarding the Food you get for a second meal some eggs and that stuff for breakfast, same as on all Y flights, no differece.
The OP is flying TO IAH - not IAH -> FRA. Hence the Q about 2nd meal (which obviously will not be bf)
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: M&M
You can check the menu here -> https://lh-menu.de/
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
The OP is flying TO IAH - not IAH -> FRA. Hence the Q about 2nd meal (which obviously will not be bf)

my bad understood the other way
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:15 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by thirdfromright
You can check the menu here -> https://lh-menu.de/
Thanks for this.

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
my bad understood the other way
Well I am flying both ways I do not intend to stay in Houston that long !
But I gathered the inbound back would be a breakfast, so I was more curious about the outbound. I can see it will be a small meal with one main and a dessert, so quite good for such a sector.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Well I am flying both ways I do not intend to stay in Houston that long !

I would avoid Houston entirely these days...
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:41 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Lh pe 747-400

Are the 4 middle seats "joined at the hip" or does each seat have a bit of room between them?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:56 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

They have room: each seats as its own armrest and there is a solid partition containing the table.

I flew a TATL return last week and I was very pleasantly surprised, I found it a very solid product and similar to BA (which I find to be a very good PE hard product) for the hard product and better for the soft product. For a day flight to the US this is very pleasant.
sfo and N1003U like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.