Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Shocked by how lousy Miles and More has become [missing requalification due to sick]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shocked by how lousy Miles and More has become [missing requalification due to sick]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by eurowanderer
There was no "promise" involved.
Of course there was a promised involved in your case. How does LH know, that you want to fly with them back to Europe?

In my case it's no promise neither, as I have already bought 5 BC tickets for the following year. LH has my money already, I am just flying next year. Therefore I could ask them to do me a favour also. ...
Not a real good argument, isn't it. Therefore yours is neither.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:23 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by athome
In my case it's no promise neither, as I have already bought 5 BC tickets for the following year. LH has my money already, I am just flying next year. Therefore I could ask them to do me a favour also. ...
Not a real good argument, isn't it. Therefore yours is neither.
I think yours is not. The OP's argument is valid and good. Even though apples and pears both grow on trees that doesn't make them the same thing.

HTB.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
I have seen it quiete a few times that a passenger was removed from the aircraft by the order of the captain, as he was regarded not to be fit to fly. Most of the times it was due to the passenger being drunk, but I have seen it also several times due to the passenger being obviously ill.
I have experienced the former one single time but numerous times, I had the pleasure to watch terminally tanked bogans who should have been remove by any reasonable measure.

I guess the second case is a fast way to get substantial compensation from a carrier as a driver is obviously not the person capable of judging your health, even though he has the authority to do so.
Are you sure that the evidence wasn't overwhelming otherwise, such as the pax vomiting?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by eurowanderer
There was no "promise" involved. I had a return ticket of which I already flew the first leg and that I needed to change at a significant cost in order to fly at a later date. I would have made the transaction right there and then. They would have just cashed some extra money at no expense to them.

If LH were my company, I would definitely take the extra money and make a customer happy instead of foregoing the revenue and upsetting a customer in the process. It does not make any business sense to do so as they only loose out, there is no benefit to them at all.

I used to own Lufthansa stock which I sold last year as the stock was not going anywhere. I am not surprised considering they make such lousy business decisions. (although I do notice the stock has gone up quite a bit in December for some unclear reason).
for once, i am on LH's side here: rules are rules !
one of the reasons i like to fly SQ is the fact that they stick to their rules by all means; i.e. no upgraded people next to me, who can't stop talking about how cheap their ticket was and who in his right mind would pay the full amount, no newspaper miles "VIPs" in the PR and so on.
more economally wise to me than stretching rules in order to make one guy happy who thinks he deserves it....
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by sunseeker
..one of the reasons i like to fly SQ is the fact that they stick to their rules by all means; i.e. no upgraded people next to me, who can't stop talking about how cheap their ticket was and who in his right mind would pay the full amount, no newspaper miles "VIPs" in the PR and so on.
more economally wise to me than stretching rules in order to make one guy happy who thinks he deserves it....
You prefer the OPMs from consulting or banking who are trapped inside the infinity loop how hey actually enable things by playing zero-sum games day and night to keep the workers alive over the el-cheapo flyers?

I don't really need either and found that the PE cabins has always been very quiet and free of the nonsensical bragging and babbling (from either of our target groups) compared to the premium section.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I have seen it quiete a few times that a passenger was removed from the aircraft by the order of the captain, as he was regarded not to be fit to fly. Most of the times it was due to the passenger being drunk, but I have seen it also several times due to the passenger being obviously ill.
I've travelled an awful lot, but only one witnessed a single Drunk Passenger Situation. That was in the US and the passenger was clearly fully bladdered: he went quietly at the insistence of a gate agent, not the pilot.

Denied boarding for illness I have yet to witness.

Perhaps I have been unaware of the evictions going on a bout me. Or perhaps you travel in zones particularly susceptible to drunks and illness.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
..Denied boarding for illness I have yet to witness...
I saw many pax boarding who SHOULD not have been allowed on a plane. From terminally coughing individuals to barfers (SYD breeds them, I reckon), to folks who had to be hauled onto the plane by the GAs and FAs as they were so ill ...

And no airline ever gets serious about that anti-malodorous-passenger rule either.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by weero

I don't really need either and found that the PE cabins has always been very quiet and free of the nonsensical bragging and babbling (from either of our target groups) compared to the premium section.
I have no experience from the PE cabin , but concur with sunseeker that most the babbling in F is by pax that has been ug. And frequently also by wealthy vacationers , or worst case wealthy man impressing on his not so significant other.

In terms of your target groups I find them mostly ok in air , but God help if they have access to their cell in lounge or pretty much wherever.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a
I have no experience from the PE cabin , but concur with sunseeker that most the babbling in F is by pax that has been ug. And frequently also by wealthy vacationers , or worst case wealthy man impressing on his not so significant other.
Fair enough ... not that I am qualified to talk about LH F ... that experience is years ago and it was very ok to my memory.

In UA biz where I occasionally end up, I fear that you are spot on.
In terms of your target groups I find them mostly ok in air , but God help if they have access to their cell in lounge or pretty much wherever.
Also true. Consultants - who are unstoppable on the ground and up to taxi - get defanged efficiently when GSM access ceases to exist and they get sedated by alcohol.

But I cannot quite agree with sunseeker's view on SQ. I had terrible experiences with the "employee class" chez SQ. Off duty pilots grunting loudly and monotonously in broad Singlish for hours. Barking at every FA floating by ... and the bad thing is that SQ is the one company whose feedback channels are more clogged than LH's .

Last edited by weero; Feb 4, 2015 at 5:14 am Reason: malformed tag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.