Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New HON benefit: UA Global First Lounges access with C BP

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
What is meant by the rule 'you will not be able to use the limousine service …'? What kind of limousine service is offered by UA for F passengers?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by Viennafly
What is meant by the rule 'you will not be able to use the limousine service …'? What kind of limousine service is offered by UA for F passengers?
As a GF pax on UA, I have been driven (MB SUVs) between connecting flights (when less than an hour's time) at both SFO and IAD. But not from the lounge to the gate.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I would appreciate if HONs were able to use the F section of the LAX *A lounge at TBIT.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I would appreciate if HONs were able to use the F section of the LAX *A lounge at TBIT.
+1
Old May 21, 2015, 4:24 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
It appears that the arrangement is reciprocal - to some extent at least.

Since January United's Global Services members departing FRA and MUC in United Global First have access to the FCL. LH have been very quiet about this and the lounge access rules don't mention anything about it as far as I can see.

At least HON Circle members only need to be travelling in C to access United's Global First Lounges while GS members have to be travelling in UA F to access LH FCLs.
Old May 23, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It appears that the arrangement is reciprocal - to some extent at least.

Since January United's Global Services members departing FRA and MUC in United Global First have access to the FCL. LH have been very quiet about this and the lounge access rules don't mention anything about it as far as I can see.

At least HON Circle members only need to be travelling in C to access United's Global First Lounges while GS members have to be travelling in UA F to access LH FCLs.
LH needs to get revenues and the FCL should see a reduced number of own passengers with less HONs and less F seats on their own planes.

It is still too bad that LX is not allowed into UA F lounge
Old May 27, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HKG1111
It is still too bad that LX is not allowed into UA F lounge
That benefit will be available as soon as UA GS&1K can use GPUs on LX!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA SILVER
Although the food is somewhat better in the TBIT F lounge, I find the C lounge actually has a nicer atmosphere with the outdoor garden.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by pete3
Although the food is somewhat better in the TBIT F lounge, I find the C lounge actually has a nicer atmosphere with the outdoor garden.
Really? I find the food in TBIT F to be atrocious. And what's worse, is that because none of it is out already, you don't know until you wait for somebody to bring it to you. At least in the C side you can get very mediocre things. The only thing I like about the F side is better champagne and not as crowded (at least in my experience, but since it's so small, I could see the F side getting pretty busy).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.