Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Did I receive FTL status in advance? FQTV written on BP next to booking class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Dear Flyertalkers,

I'm taking part in the M&M Bonus & Silver promotion, where I receive an award for every 5th segment, where my 30th one instantly awards me FTL status.

I'm currently at 27 legs, and tomorrow my 28th is due. I'll be returning on Sunday and leaving again on Tuesday for a short 1 day family visit. So next Tuesday I'll pretty much have my 30 flights logged and have attained the status

I made all these bookings using my M&M nr, so they must somehow internally be aware that I'll becoming FTL soon.

My boarding pass somehow says FQTV next to the booking class, while it did not do so before having booked my 29th and 30th segment.

Did I obtain the status prematurely, or does this have another reason? It'd make more sense if it said FTL

Below are 2 screenshots of my BP before having made that booking, which is the way they have always looked like, and my new one which says FQTV.

Last edited by totti; Nov 26, 2014 at 2:26 pm Reason: removed images to protect privacy
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Sorry. FQTV on a SN boarding pass means that you're a M&M member.
I get FTL on mine, Mrs. AVSA who is just a blue member gets FQTV.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Ohh ok that's weird, must be a new addition then. It hasn't shown up on any of my past boarding passes with them, which are.. all 27 of them.

Thanks for the quick reply btw!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
AFAIK the FQTV abbreviation is not miles and more specific. It is an abbreviation for "frequent traveler" and usually followed by the 2 digit airline code and the membership number. For example I had American airlines boarding passes that would say FQTV QF/4939358

To show that I have specified a Qantas frequent flyer number as my program of choice for this flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.