Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels Airlines "The Loft" at BRU - Schengen A-Pier lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: A3*G
I was in the Loft a few days after opening. My biggest criticism is that they have not properly thought-out the space requirement for the 3 rows of tables (to the right of area 5 in the diagram). There are far too many tables too close together. Once you add people, chairs not fully pushed-in, and carry-on luggage & briefcases etc., needing floor space, then it is very difficult to move in and through the space, and doubly so if you are trying to drag your own rolling bag or carrying food or drink from the buffet. Now that we are in colder weather, just the addition of coats on the back of chairs will further compound the problem!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:35 am

I am in The Loft right now, and I must say I'm very positively impressed. The space is clean, bright, and airy; excellent views, nice food (at least for breakfast), kind staff... excellent work SN, I feel this has nothing less than the SEN lounge in FRA, for example.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
Thumbs up Finally a beautifull, quality SN lounge in BRU !

My wife & I travelled last week on SN flights and visited "The Loft " on Nov. 16 for a short time -about 40 minutes-so we would like to give some very positive feedback.Having been informed via the "FlyerTalk" website about this new lounge I was looking forward to visit this new lounge.
Upon entering the entrance lobby of the new lounge we could not believe how airy and light this area was and the reception we received from the SN representative was simply overwhelming !
Compared to the rather stern reception given by the "L.D." in the old lounge there was now a broad smiling, proud SN member welcoming us to her new showcase-lounge which seemed enormous and so brightly lit up with lots of space .^^
Once inside the lounge proper , there was a very friendly lady in red who took me on a guided tour of the entire lounge , taking time to point out the different buffets with food and drinks .
There were beautifully laid out buffets which had a great choice of hot and cold food offerings as well as different beers on tap and choice of wines ; then she insisted on showing me the sleeping pods , the showers and all possible accommodation and meeting rooms ...Very impressive and still so shiny and new !Too bad I left my camera with my wife who was enjoying her coffee while I got the royal tour as it would have been nice to upload some pictures.
We can only applaud the current SN and Lufthansa management for making sure that BRU finally got a SN/LH lounge in pier A which can compete with the several SEN and FTL lounges we visited while flying with SN, LH and LX these past 5 years !!

On both our flights to and from BUD we were also very pleasantly surprised by the positive vibes and very friendly service provided by cabin crews ; what a positive change to the somber mood one felt a few years ago when flying SN .We really hope that our coming flights with SN in Dec. between BRU and TXL will give us the same fantastic experience ...
We will visit the lounge on Dec.14 and this time we will make sure to taste the quiches and other delicious , fresh looking food offerings .

p.s.::-::-: one remark regarding the bathrooms which we also gave to the lady when we left the lounge : it would be certainly even nicer IMHO if there were paper-covers provided for the toilet-seats or if it was possible to provide a disinfectant spray in each toilet stall such as one finds in the bathrooms of the lounges in Berlin or Zurich ?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
lockers provided at the entrance of the loft

Originally Posted by RocketmanBRU
... My biggest criticism is that they have not properly thought-out the space requirement for the 3 rows of tables (to the right of area 5 in the diagram). There are far too many tables too close together. Once you add people, chairs not fully pushed-in, and carry-on luggage & briefcases etc., needing floor space, then it is very difficult to move in and through the space, and doubly so if you are trying to drag your own rolling bag or carrying food or drink from the buffet.
If one looks around when walking in at the entrance area -before entering the lounge proper- , I counted at least 30 lockers where you can stow all the important laptops, Ipads , coats, handbags etc to prevent clogging up other peoples personal space . There is soo much space in this lounge which will never be as full of travellers as the bus. lounges in FRA or ZUR considering the far smaller amounts of bussiness people with lots of loitering time flying from terminal A compared to FRA or ZUR ...Very few people seem to hang around this lounge longer than 1 hour as the transit times are shorter in BRU- for the few transiting from B to A terminal - and more importantly the types of planes flying from this terminal are mostly regional BAE jumbolino or airbus 320-types so probably about 10 visitors per planeload to be expected.Most O&D come in to BRU at the last moment from downtown with little time or interest for the lounges ...

Last edited by kahuna1993; Nov 26, 2014 at 10:00 am
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kahuna1993
If one looks around when walking in at the entrance area -before entering the lounge proper- , I counted at least 30 lockers where you can stow all the important laptops, Ipads , coats, handbags etc to prevent clogging up other peoples personal space . There is soo much space in this lounge which will never be as full of travellers as the bus. lounges in FRA or ZUR considering the far smaller amounts of bussiness people with lots of loitering time flying from terminal A compared to FRA or ZUR ...Very few people seem to hang around this lounge longer than 1 hour as the transit times are shorter in BRU and more importantly the types of planes flying from this terminal are mostly regional BAE jumbolino or airbus 320-types so probably about 10 visitors per planeload to be expected.
I would venture a guess that there is considerably more O&D traffic at the Schengen lounge of BRU as opposed to ZRH/FRA on a percentage basis- the former being the hub of EU politics and thus a tremendous amount of corporate and government O&D customers who tend to arrive at most 1 hour prior to departure and may not even visit the lounge.

Hats off however to BRU on finally getting something much better than the SAS lounge for their flagship.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Atuchan
I will be flying through BRU on Saturday to go to Rwanda. I will try to go through the immigration to check out the new lounge in A and then walk to T (rather then take a transfer bus from B to T). I can not wait to try it.
How did this work out? Easy, or much fighting to get through immigration?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat (OWS), W6 Discount Club, TK Elite (*G), ex-MA Gold, Carlson Gold
Tomorrow I'll be arriving in BRU from BUD in the morning and will only have business in the city in the afternoon. Since I'll be flying back to BUD the same night, I'll already have my return boarding pass by the time I get to BRU. Will I be able to easily access the lounge (*G) and stay there for a couple of hours before heading into the city?

(Note: this was, of course, not my original intention, but I preemptively moved from the LH outbound that would've taken me to BRU slightly after 12 up to early morning direct SN flight due to the LH strike, which could've easily turned this trip into a trip in vain.)
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by JnsV
Tomorrow I'll be arriving in BRU from BUD in the morning and will only have business in the city in the afternoon. Since I'll be flying back to BUD the same night, I'll already have my return boarding pass by the time I get to BRU. Will I be able to easily access the lounge (*G) and stay there for a couple of hours before heading into the city?

(Note: this was, of course, not my original intention, but I preemptively moved from the LH outbound that would've taken me to BRU slightly after 12 up to early morning direct SN flight due to the LH strike, which could've easily turned this trip into a trip in vain.)
I don't expect that you should have any trouble at all. It's a BP from a *A (in fact from SN) carrier's same-day departure. Enjoy!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:41 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
How did this work out? Easy, or much fighting to get through immigration?
Actually, it went very smoothly. A little wait at immigration lane (about 15 min) but right after the immigration, you could go to the tunnel to Terminal A without clearing custom.

The lounge lady asked if I knew that there is also sunrise lounge in terminal T but I explained to her that I want to check out the new flag-ship lounge and she was quite proud of the lounge.

The shower was awesome with multiple towels (unlike Diamond Lounge in Terminal B) and background music.

The food was plentiful with lots of choices (unlike Terminal B or T lounges).

I think I will go through the lounge again on my return trip (although it will be a bit of walk from terminal B arrival ->Terminal A -> Terminal T ->Bus-> Terminal B departure).
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
First time in this lounge this morning and must say I'm impressed. Lots of space, good quality breakfast choices, self service draft beers (bit early, I know!) and of course the tablets that caught my attention. Asked an attendant for an explanation which was given in a very polite way.
Thumbs up!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:32 am

I am in the Loft as well and it's nice and quiet. Quite a difference with the zoo outside, security line stretching beyond the travellator. Also regarding security, the priority line has been separated from the other queues, thus making it really useful.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I am in the Loft as well and it's nice and quiet. Quite a difference with the zoo outside, security line stretching beyond the travellator. Also regarding security, the priority line has been separated from the other queues, thus making it really useful.
Slight correction - the entrance is separated but the line to the left of it can queue into it after the entrance. It's meant in case of light priority traffic but it annoys me sometimes since nobody seems to check it.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:49 pm

Did you notice it this morning? What you described is the previous layout. I seem to have noticed that the belt now physically separates the priority and the normal line. Indeed at the very beginning of the belt is still possible to sneak through under the tens barrier, but there is no clear opening as before. In any case I'll take a better look next time!
Old Dec 25, 2014, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Did you notice it this morning? What you described is the previous layout. I seem to have noticed that the belt now physically separates the priority and the normal line. Indeed at the very beginning of the belt is still possible to sneak through under the tens barrier, but there is no clear opening as before. In any case I'll take a better look next time!
I went through on 24-12 around 6 AM.
I know what you mean, but that seems to be the exception. Out of 100 times I went through security there, that 'gap' was closed maybe 2 times.

In any case I applaud The Loft as a big improvement! Much more to be done in BRU but this certainly helps.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
In the loft right now...

Today my first thought was - OMG this lounge is not very well maintained...

The walls of the white-painted corridor leading to the toilets are already dirty.

The 'cube' chairs (overlooking the apron) are dirty, too...

Yes - not the end of the world, but a bit annoying... (need to have one more cava to survive)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.