Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels Airlines "The Loft" at BRU - Schengen A-Pier lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:36 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
And about three weeks ago all the food areas are up and running again . No more prepacked sandwiches
I visited this lounge for the first time on October 23, 2021. Everything seems to be pre-pandemic except for man’s toilet (with sign “still in lockdown, safe travel” 😁 ). There were warm and cold foods for breakfast. There were four beers on tap.

The transfer between Terminals A and B was not too bad except for a long walk. It was easy to find the lounge (near A42, upstairs). The view to the interior of airport was interesting.
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Can I get an update on how the Loft lounge food offerings has been recently? I've been there several times this year and it was pretty nice last time (October). Not sure if things have gone down hill with the uptick in covid lately. I'll be flying out of BRU this time back to the US. Wondering if it is worth the walk over to A prior to passport control.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: M&M mainly
The offer is pretty normal, I would say pre-pandemic style. The breakfast last week: cold cuts, salads, pastry also hot options: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, and mushrooms.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Thanks for the info. I don't mind a bit of exercise before a long flight. I just have to leave enough time for passport control. Do they have a faster line for business class? I haven't encountered long lines in the past few months, not sure what it's like now
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: M&M mainly
Originally Posted by eng3
.... Do they have a faster line for business class? ...
Yes, very handy and mostly empty.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:20 am

Arriving from JFK and onto Dakar. Do any of the lounges have sleeping areas? If so are they worth going through passport control for a 4 hour connection?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by AhogZ
Yes, very handy and mostly empty.
I didn't see a business class line but there were only 3 people in line when I went.

I was able to goto the LOFT lounge with no issues. I will say the lunch offering is alot better than the breakfast, but still good. As I was leaving, I thought about going to the Diamond Lounge too but figured it would be the same as the one on the B side and I've never been there before. I was wrong on that assumption. The B diamond lounge is much worse than the A in terms of food and comfort. I still like the LOFT lounge the best.

It seems long, but it's really a pretty short walk. I even had time to check out some of the stores (looking for Cote D'or but they only had milk chocolate in the 400g bars)
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Loft was named Europe's Leading Airline lounge for the third year running

https://press.brusselsairlines.com/t...nsecutive-year
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by hugolover
The Loft was named Europe's Leading Airline lounge for the third year running

https://press.brusselsairlines.com/t...nsecutive-year
…maybe because it is actually open & they have some F&B?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MichielR
…maybe because it is actually open & they have some F&B?
...maybe the pay for the award or something.

The lounge is decidedly mediocre. You find little privacy there. The furniture and the style got tired very quickly (they should have chosen something slightly more timeless in my opinion). The food is disgusting (I remember it was a little better before covid). The wine is the cheapest table wine out there.

This is nowhere near close to being the best business lounge in Europe.
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
I was in the lounge yesterday and the internet was quite unfortunate. Speed was fine, but if you move around at all (from one router to another) or go into sleep mode, it logs out and you have to log back in. Particularly annoying if you have your phone in your pocket when you go to get food and drink.
I did mention this when I left and they said they are aware of it and also annoyed by it, and trying to solve the issue. But just a warning that, for now, it is maybe best to leave your phone in your seat and to check out the url to use on your device to force to login screen, as my computer usually wouldn't automatically go there since it didn't recognise a change in networks.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I was in the lounge yesterday and the internet was quite unfortunate. Speed was fine, but if you move around at all (from one router to another) or go into sleep mode, it logs out and you have to log back in. Particularly annoying if you have your phone in your pocket when you go to get food and drink.
I did mention this when I left and they said they are aware of it and also annoyed by it, and trying to solve the issue. But just a warning that, for now, it is maybe best to leave your phone in your seat and to check out the url to use on your device to force to login screen, as my computer usually wouldn't automatically go there since it didn't recognise a change in networks.
Had this same issue at the LX lounges in ZRH. Quite annoying.
AlwaysFlyStar likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:48 pm

I notice the website says that they have lockers.
I have a long layover, can I leave my luggage there in the morning, leave the airport to the city, then come back in the afternoon for my flight?
Or is it expected for storage while you are inside the lounge?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:30 am

I have a long layover, can I leave my luggage there in the morning, leave the airport to the city, then come back in the afternoon for my flight?
I still don't know the answer but no one stopped me. There is a sign that says lockers are emptied at midnight.

Regarding the lounge, same as usual but alot more fruit flies all over the place
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I suggest that you talk to the lounge staff upon arrival to try to get approval of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.