Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2014: post your questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2014: post your questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by N1003U
Last year we were told "the peak of the frequent flyer program may be behind us," and that, "the peak of the alliance may be behind us..."

Can we confirm that those peaks are indeed behind us?
+1
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Wickersley
"Given that the *A appears to be fracturing, what's the strategy to combat the ME4"?
Who are the ME4? I only know the ME3 (EK, EY, QR).
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Who are the ME4? I only know the ME3 (EK, EY, QR).
TK....
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
What was the outcome from last year meeting? Would be interesting to do some follow up on last year discussion, look into LH action and ask based on that analysis
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by volta
What was the outcome from last year meeting? Would be interesting to do some follow up on last year discussion, look into LH action and ask based on that analysis
even though there was some talk about a summary being published, somehow I've missed that (if it was indeed published). One of the suggestions for this year could be to have a minute keeper agreed in advance.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
even though there was some talk about a summary being published, somehow I've missed that (if it was indeed published). One of the suggestions for this year could be to have a minute keeper agreed in advance.
How about setting up an IRC channel or Jabber/XMPP chat room? With minute keeper, we could get live participation in the chat
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
this is an offline behind the scenes candid talk.
if you want the senior management to talk tacheles, don't take minutes and publish them on the internet.

I think you have to live with the non verbatim, cursory summaries we have received last time or this event won't happen at all.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
even though there was some talk about a summary being published, somehow I've missed that (if it was indeed published).
No, the notes were never published.

Also note what oliver2002 wrote in the first post.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
In order to get an honest response from the management, the responses may not be published in writing here, but participants will get in touch with the OP and convey the response they got.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Minutes were kept by LH, but the version handed to us for publication was so redacted and watered down that there was no point in publishing it. Bottomline was that the management present was very honest and candid about a number of points which may not be wise to post online. Michael O'leary may relish in seeing his controversial comments being published, LH management definitely doesn't.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Minutes were kept by LH, but the version handed to us for publication was so redacted and watered down that there was no point in publishing it. Bottomline was that the management present was very honest and candid about a number of points which may not be wise to post online. Michael O'leary may relish in seeing his controversial comments being published, LH management definitely doesn't.
100% respected & understood.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Wickersley
100% respected & understood.
+1 ^
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
I fully understand that. On the other hand, you get to see dr. Spohr quotes from the last meeting in this forum so often that I'm wondering what's the difference...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:28 am

Minutes were kept by LH, but the version handed to us for publication was so redacted and watered down that there was no point in publishing it. Bottomline was that the management present was very honest and candid about a number of points which may not be wise to post online.
That is complete crap!
Being honest and candid is the best way to interact with customers.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by seat 1a
That is complete crap!
Being honest and candid is the best way to interact with customers.
If you want the top management to be open and honest, it is probably not a good idea to turn around and quote their most blunt and open comments directly on the Internet. If you do, you will not likely get the same openness again.

I thought the LH management were quite honest and candid last year, as well as reasonable hosts. It was also a great chance to size up some key management leaders in terms of personality traits and hints on how they make decisions.

My only issue was that I was simply not so happy as a customer with my travel profile with what they had to say. I found the dialogue last year quite helpful in planning for my future LH services. The LH management seems to have a clear idea of the direction the they want to take the airline, and their actions to-date are consistent with that plan.

As the customer, it means for me that the airline is definitely changing, and those changes need to be taken into account.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by N1003U
If you want the top management to be open and honest, it is probably not a good idea to turn around and quote their most blunt and open comments directly on the Internet. If you do, you will not likely get the same openness again.
The point was that it is always better to be open and honest with your customer.

Especially in a large organization like LH where things will leak out anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.