Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum mileage plus member flying LH question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Question Platinum mileage plus member flying LH question

I am a platinum member on United. Thinking about taking the Lufthansa flight from FRA to MIA. It is an Airbus 380. On LH I will be a star alliance gold. Do I get premier economy seat?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:44 am

Wrong forum for this.

But short answer is no. Their premium econ is a true premium product, which means you will have to pay for the upgrade if you are booking from LH. Depending on your fare class you may be able to get seat selection in reg econ, but may have to call in if booking on codeshare.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this isn't a mileage run fare I've relocated your question to the UA forum for further input from members.

Regards,

tcook052
Mileage Run Forum Moderator
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
i am 1k and was unexpectedly upgraded 2 weeks ago to an unrequested biz from FRA to Washington. Plane was a 777, so maybe full and they needed an extra econ seat to sell.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by syrahnose
i am 1k and was unexpectedly upgraded 2 weeks ago to an unrequested biz from FRA to Washington. Plane was a 777, so maybe full and they needed an extra econ seat to sell.
Since it was a 777, you must be on UA flight. OP is asking about LH flight. Nonetheless, Operational Upgrade can happen to UA 1K on either UA or LH flights. I experienced that on LH flight on an award ticket.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
But short answer is no. Their premium econ is a true premium product, which means you will have to pay for the upgrade if you are booking from LH. Depending on your fare class you may be able to get seat selection in reg econ, but may have to call in if booking on codeshare.
LH has no Premium Economy Seat (cabin).

I'm not sure what premier economy seat OP is referring to. May be he/she is talking about the economy seats such as exit or bulkhead row seats that are usually blocked for Miles/More members. In my experience, it varies. Sometimes I could get those seats ahead of time, sometimes not.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
LH has no Premium Economy Seat (cabin).

I'm not sure what premier economy seat OP is referring to. May be he/she is talking about the economy seats such as exit or bulkhead row seats that are usually blocked for Miles/More members. In my experience, it varies. Sometimes I could get those seats ahead of time, sometimes not.
No premium economy cabin, except for this: http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/premium-economy-class so it will all depend on when OP is flying
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
No premium economy cabin, except for this: http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/premium-economy-class so it will all depend on when OP is flying
Aaaa, didn't know that. I stand corrected (for correcting you).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.