Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance upgrades on LH

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, SAS gold and a load of crappy hotel ones I don't use.
Star Alliance upgrades on LH

I have just booked & paid for three return tickets ABZ-MEX in upgradeable classes Q & H.

However, I am now told that I cannot use Star Alliance miles to upgrade, only Miles and More.

Could you suggest a way around this - for instance can I transfer miles from my SAS Eurobonus account into Miles & more?

I would appreciate any suggestions

thanks

Rich Lear
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:49 am

Indeed, SK's program only allows upgrades on LH from Y, B to Business .

On the other hand, using M&M, you can upgrade from other classes for more miles.

You cannot transfer miles from EB to M&M, at least not directly.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by richlear
I have just booked & paid for three return tickets ABZ-MEX in upgradeable classes Q & H.

However, I am now told that I cannot use Star Alliance miles to upgrade, only Miles and More.
Unfortunately, this information is indeed correct. Regarding the tickets you bought, what are the cancellation fees? If travelling in C is essential to you, perhaps you'll be better off cancelling them and buying C awards instead of Y tickets + mile upgrades?

Originally Posted by richlear
Could you suggest a way around this - for instance can I transfer miles from my SAS Eurobonus account into Miles & more?
This is not possible:
Q. Can I transfer miles or points between Star Alliance airline member programmes?

A. No. Once you have earned miles / points in one programme, you are not able to transfer that balance to another programme within the alliance. All programmes remain independent.
Source: http://www.staralliance.com/en/faqs/...ance-benefits/
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, SAS gold and a load of crappy hotel ones I don't use.
Thanks for the responses, guess I will just need to deal with it....

cheers

rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.