Wiki Posts
Search

LOT: ORD-WAW upgrade economy seat with cash booked with UA Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
LOT: ORD-WAW upgrade economy seat with cash booked with UA Miles

I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the 787 dreamliner seat with cash.
I was able to select better seats on Austrian with cash before that I booked with UA miles, but I have not flown with the LOT 1,2,3,4 on this route with the dreamliner.

Any advice in terms of which seats to choose?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by aarato
I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the 787 dreamliner seat with cash.
I was able to select better seats on Austrian with cash before that I booked with UA miles, but I have not flown with the LOT 1,2,3,4 on this route with the dreamliner.

Any advice in terms of which seats to choose?
Are you looking to go into the Premium Economy or Business sections?

In either case, each time I've flown LOT long-haul they've made a buy-up announcement on the plane. I doubt that they check how your flight was booked/paid for at that point but that they'd just run your credit card.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milepig
Are you looking to go into the Premium Economy or Business sections?

In either case, each time I've flown LOT long-haul they've made a buy-up announcement on the plane. I doubt that they check how your flight was booked/paid for at that point but that they'd just run your credit card.
I actually just would like to secure more legroom as I am very tall and 32 inch pitch transatlantic is a torture for me. I would, if possible, like to secure this before boarding the plane.
Is there a buy-up from award ticket for a small fee ala United/Austrian with more legroom?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by aarato
I actually just would like to secure more legroom as I am very tall and 32 inch pitch transatlantic is a torture for me. I would, if possible, like to secure this before boarding the plane.
Is there a buy-up from award ticket for a small fee ala United/Austrian with more legroom?
If it's - as you say - 'such a torture' to fly Economy Class, so why do you book it then? Why don't you book Economy Plus or Business Class from the beginning?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Well, money or should I say points are not in infinite supply...and torture was probably too strong...;-)
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Then again why not book Business Class with your miles? Spending miles in Coach is like throwing a bag of kittens in the river.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH4116
Then again why not book Business Class with your miles? Spending miles in Coach is like throwing a bag of kittens in the river.
For those who have unlimited source of miles good for you.....
I am perfectly fine booking a mixed award where on the eastbound(overnight) flight is business class but the westbound(day flight) segment is economy. I save 40,000 miles which I could use for future trips for me.

I totally get that economy is not an ideal redemption, but if you utilize stopovers and a mixed award ticket during summertime in Europe you actually get a pretty reasonable redemption. Would I do that in february to Eastern Europe on a nonstop flight? Probably not....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.