Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Arrival Lounge at MUC?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

LH Arrival Lounge at MUC?

In a few days I'll be flying IAD-FRA-MUC on LH and I have about 2 hours to kill before taking a train leaving from Munich Central Station. Is there a lounge I (SEN) can use as an arrival lounge? Could I use the Schengen Senator Lounge? (I've searched this forum, but all answers deal with arriving at MUC directly from overseas, without an intermediate domestic stop.) -- Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 3:17 pm

Yes, as a SEN you can use the Schengen SEN lounge on arrival.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

OK, thanks, I was hoping this to be true. I wasn't sure since my last leg is a domestic flight.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
That domestic flight gives you access to the SEN lounge anyway US rules about domestic lounge access still don't apply in Europe, thankfully
Old Jun 24, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by gojko88
US rules about domestic lounge access still don't apply in Europe, thankfully
Not that it would matter much in our well segmented continent
Old Jun 24, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I can see why folks in, say, Belgium wouldn't care, but I'm just as sure there are thousands of FTLs who earned their status on intra-DE travel alone
Old Jun 24, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by gojko88
I can see why folks in, say, Belgium wouldn't care, but I'm just as sure there are thousands of FTLs who earned their status on intra-DE travel alone
Meh, the intraDE FTLs are a plague like the cessna HONs, eliminate them LH!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
In a few days I'll be flying IAD-FRA-MUC on LH and I have about 2 hours to kill before taking a train leaving from Munich Central Station.
But make sure not to exit the secure airside area, because you wont be able to go through security again without a boarding pass.
Since you are arriving from FRA that shouldnt be a problem.
However, when coming off a longhaul flight at MUC, you need to make the right turns to get to the SEN Lounge (e.g. dont pass immigration!, after that its too late)
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by iadh
In a few days I'll be flying IAD-FRA-MUC on LH and I have about 2 hours to kill before taking a train leaving from Munich Central Station. Is there a lounge I (SEN) can use as an arrival lounge?
The replies already gave the right answers.

Additionally - depending on your train ticket or status with Deutsche Bahn - you can use the DB Lounge at Munich Central Station. They have a rather nice "First Class lounge" where you can watch the trains at this terminal station while having a beer and a small snck.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fly1By1Wire
Additionally - depending on your train ticket or status with Deutsche Bahn - you can use the DB Lounge at Munich Central Station. They have a rather nice "First Class lounge" where you can watch the trains at this terminal station while having a beer and a small snck.
Ah, thanks, that's useful information. Yes, I do have a first-class train ticket for my onward travel. I was wondering how to time my S-Bahn ride to the station not to have to spend too much time waiting for the train, but if I can use the DB Lounge that makes it much more convenient, of course.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
But make sure not to exit the secure airside area, because you wont be able to go through security again without a boarding pass.
I have gone through MUC quite a number of times, but never had an occasion to wonder about using an arrival lounge there. If I arrive from FRA (on a domestic flight, LH94; not long haul), can I pick up my luggage on level 3 and then go back up to level 4 where the lounge is, or is that not possible? I wouldn't want my suitcase go round the baggage carousel for two hours.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can't go back to the lounge after picking up your bags. Just go to the lounge upon arrival and pick up your bags near belt 8/9. Thats where all bags end up if they are not picked up from the belt.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iadh
I have gone through MUC quite a number of times, but never had an occasion to wonder about using an arrival lounge there. If I arrive from FRA (on a domestic flight, LH94; not long haul), can I pick up my luggage on level 3 and then go back up to level 4 where the lounge is, or is that not possible? I wouldn't want my suitcase go round the baggage carousel for two hours.
No, baggage claim is outside the secure area, so you won't be able to go back to visit a lounge unless you have a BP for a departing flight.

Ooops! oliver2002 was quicker.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
No, baggage claim is outside the secure area, so you won't be able to go back to visit a lounge unless you have a BP for a departing flight.
The baggage claim area is technically still a secure zone. You can only access this area from the airside or getting off from an arriving flight.
Moreover, between the baggage claim area and landside are still customs control check points.
But its right, you cannot simply go back to the airside from the baggage claim area.

I have gone through MUC quite a number of times, but never had an occasion to wonder about using an arrival lounge there.
According to my knowledge there is no arrival lounge in Munich. Certain travellers (e.g. SEN), however, can access the lounges with an onward boarding pass. However, this is only fine for accessing the lounge, it is no right to enter the departure area from landside.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH Arrival Services:
https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002

Free of charge: stay in our lounges

If you have a HON Circle Member or Lufthansa Senator status or if you are travelling using a First or Business Class ticket we will naturally welcome you, as usual, in the respective lounges before departure.

After your flight enjoy a stay in our lounges. If you arrive in Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf or New York (JFK) with a First or Business Class ticket with a Lufthansa operated long-haul night flight you can freshen up or prepare for the business day ahead in one of our lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.