Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 2:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in T1B, the LH Business lounge in B and the one in C14-16 are one of the better ones.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Whenderson
I have the choice of a 1.5 hour connection at FRA or 2.5 on the way home from Africa, and so just wondering if the lounge is worth hanging out for a bit (my arrival is 5.30am) or just really nothing particularly special as lounges go and might as well be on my way.

Thanks
Welcome to the LH/M&M forum! FRA Business lounges are fine but not worth choosing a later connecting flight to spend more time there. Where is your destination? LHR? In that case the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in B concourse might be your best bet. You will have to clear transfer security in B and although 1.5 hours should be enough if you don’t want to rush and have a shower in the lounge (the Maple Leaf Lounge has nice showers) I’d choose a 2.5 hour connection.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Will be flying UA SFO-FRA (D class), arriving at 9:55am (probably Gate A), then connecting to DUS at 1:50pm. Any recommendations for lounges? Worth it to go to the Welcome Lounge? Panorama lounge? Goal is mainly to have good lunch. Shower would be nice, but not necessary.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:38 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by chemengin
Will be flying UA SFO-FRA (D class), arriving at 9:55am (probably Gate A), then connecting to DUS at 1:50pm. Any recommendations for lounges? Worth it to go to the Welcome Lounge? Panorama lounge? Goal is mainly to have good lunch. Shower would be nice, but not necessary.
Unless you are *G you will get best food in the Welcome Lounge. You will almost certainly arrive at a Z gate. A gates are used by Schengen flights.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:45 am
Suspended

Will be flying UA SFO-FRA (D class), arriving at 9:55am (probably Gate A), then connecting to DUS at 1:50pm. Any recommendations for lounges? Worth it to go to the Welcome Lounge? Panorama lounge? Goal is mainly to have good lunch.
Welcome lounge is best for showers. It only serves breakfast as far as I know.

The other lounges serve lunch from around 11 am or so. The panorama lounge serves different food that the other LH lounges in Fra (different caterer, me thinks).
If it's better is up for debate. Recently, I had a sandwich and a mini salad there. The salad was alright. The sandwich, not so much.
But the panorama lounge has nice tarmac views and tends to provide a bit more privacy than the LH C lounges in FRA.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:08 pm

Depends on how picky you are / your definition of "good" lunch. I don't think you'll find it in these lounges so you may wish to temper your expectations.
chris63 and mmff like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by speed.skater
Welcome lounge is best for showers. It only serves breakfast as far as I know.

The other lounges serve lunch from around 11 am or so. The panorama lounge serves different food that the other LH lounges in Fra (different caterer, me thinks).
If it's better is up for debate. Recently, I had a sandwich and a mini salad there. The salad was alright. The sandwich, not so much.
But the panorama lounge has nice tarmac views and tends to provide a bit more privacy than the LH C lounges in FRA.
As an add on, I could tell that they start removing breakfast food at 10:30 and they replace it with the lunch offering within the next 15-20 minutes.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:37 am

Connection in FRA on Lufthansa, Lounges?

I have a 3hour stopover in FRA coming up very soon and flying on a coach ticket. I have priority pass and an AMEX gold that I have been on the fence for a while now about upgrading to platinum. My concerns for my layover is that I have a nice place to relax with a shower. Are there decent enough PP lounges with a shower in FRA or is is worth upgrading my AMEX card to platinum to have access to the Lufthansa business lounge? Thanks in advance for your help! Also as an FYI, I will be in terminal 1.

Last edited by crownsbroyal; Aug 29, 2019 at 9:18 am
Old Aug 29, 2019, 10:11 am

Just realized I should have posted this in the FRA thread. Please delete.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
In about 2 weeks will be arriving in FRA from LAX flying J will then have about a 2 hour layover before connecting TAP flight to Lisbon. I am priority member. Is the priority lounge near the TAP gates? Are any of the Lufthansa business lounges closer, Or nicer? Thanks for any advice or opinions?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Srklaw7
In about 2 weeks will be arriving in FRA from LAX flying J will then have about a 2 hour layover before connecting TAP flight to Lisbon. I am priority member. Is the priority lounge near the TAP gates? Are any of the Lufthansa business lounges closer, Or nicer? Thanks for any advice or opinions?
[redacted]
The only Priority Pass Lounge in T1 is landside and LH business lounges are far more convenient and probably just as nice. There are 3 lounges to choose from so you can use whichever lounge is closest to your gate. I suggest the lounge above A26, Panorama Lounge near A25, and the lounge near A13 in that order.
Fabo.sk likes this.

Last edited by oliver2002; Oct 22, 2019 at 2:33 am Reason: removed a sentence not needed after move
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Arriving from BOS in Y with a 6+ hour layover before flying to BLR in J. I'm guessing that the Z50 business class lounge is the best choice.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by hhdl
Arriving from BOS in Y with a 6+ hour layover before flying to BLR in J. I'm guessing that the Z50 business class lounge is the best choice.
Yes, especially since both the arrival and departure gates are likely to be in Z. No need for security or passport control though 6 hours in a business lounge seems rather long.

I thought flights to India used C gates but BLR flights seem to depart from Z gates.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
I'm curious to understand if the FCT or FCL B would be more busy in the 17hr-22hr evening time period? I also want to be assured I would be offered a car transfer from FCL B for a flight to JNB currently slated for gate Z69 tomorrow evening.

I'm quite familiar with the FCT and FCL A but have never been to FCL B. I believe I would enjoy the tarmac views of FCL B over the FCT assuming it's not ridiculously crowded and I can be assured the car transfer.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by wfiring12
I'm curious to understand if the FCT or FCL B would be more busy in the 17hr-22hr evening time period? I also want to be assured I would be offered a car transfer from FCL B for a flight to JNB currently slated for gate Z69 tomorrow evening.

I'm quite familiar with the FCT and FCL A but have never been to FCL B. I believe I would enjoy the tarmac views of FCL B over the FCT assuming it's not ridiculously crowded and I can be assured the car transfer.
As long as your flight does not depart from a B gate you are guaranteed a limo transfer to your flight from the FCL B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.