Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spohr: My HON Circle Service Pledge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Two steps back, one step forward, well, that's not what I would call "not worse"..

I'm just a lowly SEN which obviously doesn't see whats going on in HON-country, but reading this thread makes me feel like the love the HONs are getting from LH is also reduced to a level where the numbers are shrinking, and while the gras being always greener on the other side, it seems for now there is more wandering away from LH group towards other alliances, or more towards Price–performance, ie loyalty all across the alliances is shrinking.

Status doesn't mean what it used to, and for pax flying at least C, there are usually all kind of services available that they would get with a status (same with F pax and the Ultra-Elite status they are used..)

For someone flying C, HON is probably still something worthwhile (as long as he can retain it, which means, unless he's flying massive amounts, flying in D/J/C, maybe some Z, but definitely not P exclusive, it would take a RT FRA-SIN in P every third week to make/keep HON!) - so, those that profit the most from HON are expensive C-class bookers.

Those that fly F anyway are getting a good product from LH (I think we all agree that LH F is fairly good and play in the Top league of F around the world) - but for them HON is probably just a nice give-away.

The problem with airlines nowadays is to "figure out" which customers do have choices, and have to be "lured into" booking it's own airline by giving away free stuff (especially for those flying on business, and able to use such free stuff privately) or other benefits that the customer will like, while they try to avoid giving out anything to those that have no choice but to fly their airline.
Two steps back and one forward leads to going backwards. You can talk about semantics but this are not be improvements.

This discussion is about people spending substantial time in the air - they ALL have choices no matter if they fly F or C, booking class or whatsoever. They have seen and flown other airlines and most of them have status with them. You say "loyalty all across the alliances is shrinking", which is a general statement but this might be true and why? - because people see benefits to stay cut everywhere. Why should they be loyal if they treated like a nobody.

LH Group claims they have the largest FFP in Europe and they can not work something successfully out for the smallest group (0.0x%) in it! The latest example is that you have to pay as HON for the luggage when booking (once is a while) a cheap eco fare in Europe. Yes, you can do this and I believe most HONs have the money to pay it or claim to their company - it is the signal you are sending LH! Somebody leaves a six digit amount of dollars with you every year and you ask him for the luggage fee...

Last edited by HKG1111; Jun 22, 2015 at 5:13 am
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I am not sure if it really actually got worse?
I see a slight improvement in the new op up strategy. (Status now is back in play - within limits)
PA service in North America has gotten worse though.

I seem to be very lucky as I travel to BKK quite often and I'd vote that this is the best station in the LH system. ^
For me much worse, I have no dedicated contact my 'unofficial' helper in UK was 're allocated' & unlike some HON's no one else provided, so i'm stuck with CPT call centre which is shockingly bad !

All our useful exclusive partners have been enhanced away.

Terrible experiences at LAX, IAH & SFO already this year, only positive was LX at MIA....

HON surprise never happened last December.

Ignored as HON intra EU flights.

I had no flights where I could be oped up.

No F to BKK so forget it LH, thanks for introducing me to CDG-DOH-BKK on QR F ^

So, absolutely, in the Year since Sphor gave us his personal promise it has deteriorated
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by HKG1111
LH Group claims they have the largest FFP in Europe and they can not work something successfully out for the smallest group (0.0x%) in it! The latest example is that you have to pay as HON for the luggage when booking (once is a while) a cheap eco fare in Europe. Yes, you can do this and I believe most HONs have the money to pay it or claim to their company - it is the signal you are sending LH! Somebody leaves a three digit amount of dollars with you every year and you ask him for the luggage fee...
3-4000 of 22 million is a about 10-15ppm

From my experience I rarely see HONs checking luggage... And they mostly fly expensive Y and/or business on regional hops
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Rambuster
PA service in North America has gotten worse though.
Since I got the GE card I have never used this service whenever I arrive in any US airport anymore
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I guess I'll make HON again "by accident"
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by mamb0
So I assume the two PA had a very sloppy day and allowed my luggage being taken by somebody. And instead of helping me, they just left.
HON/F PA in USA to me is rather useless. No added benefit upon departure or arrival. They should fire these people and redistribute the savings to the excellent cabin crew.
Not ranting re missed luggage. That happens. Esp if fellow pax are to stupid to check tags.
Station Manager reached out, apologized profoundly. Said, that is not how it should have gone down and will talk to the PA about it. They reached out two me twice with status updates (luggage is still gone without a trace)

I just hope they find this suitcase. packed to the rafters with 9 tailor made suits with vests and 2 trousers each and a bunch of tailor made shirts. I guess the most expensive suitcase I ever packed.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
How often can you mention in one post that your are a HON?
Hmm, let me think...

The story is not about me being a HON, but actually about two people that are and about the experience with, well, the (sorry) HON service. So that already inflates it.

Then the topic of this thread is HON Circle, so there is a high likelihood of the term coming up quite often. Using other terms instead will make reading more confusing, no?

Lastly, relative to the length of the post there are others where the term comes up much more often.

But surely we can do some copy-paste to mention it even more often :-)

(No offense taken)
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by mamb0
I just hope they find this suitcase. packed to the rafters with 9 tailor made suits with vests and 2 trousers each and a bunch of tailor made shirts. I guess the most expensive suitcase I ever packed.
[OT]If they were tailor made, hopefully they were not as attractive for a thief. Let us know when they find the bag. Fingers crossed![/OT]
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:46 pm

I wanted to share some great service recovery story.

My better half is a LH-HON and is currently travelling HKG FRA NAP on a D-class ticket with the HKG FRA sector upgraded with e-vouchers. Last night's HKG FRA as well as MUC FRA got delayed by several hours because of a typhoon alert in HKG, which is obviously not LH's fault.

Not even 2 minutes after the delay info came in by text message, I got called by the HON Circle service desk (my phone number is in my partner's profile) offering to be reaccomodated and the lady offered me basically anything I wanted including reroutings via SIN/PEK/PVG and even HND to still make it in the morning to FRA.

Since my partner couldn't make it earlier to HKG to fly to SIN/PEK/PVG/HND, she then asked for 10 min to investigate the fastest option via FRA or MUC. She indeed called back 10 min later and offered a long list of options including on Alitalia via Rome although the Lufthansa flight MUC NAP would only get him there marginally later.

Needless to say I was impressed, since LH was certainly under no obligation to rebook on other carriers for this weather related delay. Also, the lady apparently personally phoned the HKG station and all necessary administration had been taken care of by the time my partner approached the check in there.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:21 am
Uli

Consider your options!
I was HON for eight years from day one and then opted out deliberately. I share my flying now between CX & EK (internationally) combined with FRAPORT VIP-Service and NetJets (in Europe). I sometimes need LH C in Europe or LH F if I have to go the USA, so I will still have a use for my credit card miles and, with the paid tickets, can remain SEN. I am not missing HON, and even including the VIP-service cost my tickets are now cheaper and include a chauffeur service if I need it.
Sorry for all of those who have to go to the U.S. all the time and live in Frankfurt or Munich -- in that case I agree that you have no choice.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Uli
Consider your options!
I was HON for eight years from day one and then opted out deliberately. I share my flying now between CX & EK (internationally) combined with FRAPORT VIP-Service and NetJets (in Europe). I sometimes need LH C in Europe or LH F if I have to go the USA, so I will still have a use for my credit card miles and, with the paid tickets, can remain SEN. I am not missing HON, and even including the VIP-service cost my tickets are now cheaper and include a chauffeur service if I need it.
Sorry for all of those who have to go to the U.S. all the time and live in Frankfurt or Munich -- in that case I agree that you have no choice.
Just out of curiosity: did you leave because you felt that the Lufthansa product was inferior to other airlines (which I can understand if you go on CX instead) or because you felt that another airlines top tier was better than HON (which one would that be)?

I would understand why one would choose not to fly with Lufthansa. But in search of a better status, where would one go?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:28 am
Uli

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Just out of curiosity: did you leave because you felt that the Lufthansa product was inferior to other airlines (which I can understand if you go on CX instead) or because you felt that another airlines top tier was better than HON (which one would that be)?

I would understand why one would choose not to fly with Lufthansa. But in search of a better status, where would one go?
Gottaro,

yes it was mainly product considerations. If you fly F somewhere else, you will always get "some" status quickly that allows you to use your miles in a reasonable way as well. HON at that time was good. But I just told a friend that my "wake-up" was staying in a worn down U.S. Hilton (because of the points and status) which had a good view on the local top hotel. That time I decided I will not go for this status stuff anymore. Every airport has great VIP pay-in service comes at smaller cost as the difference to the fare of a status-driven booking. even I am not "HON" on CX or EK, at least people at the station in FRA know me, which sometimes helps more than a card. I was also give "Hyatt lifetime diamond" without even knowing that this status even exits. If I sometimes fly intra-european on LH in C, I really like their service, and I always get what I want. No problem I am only a SEN now. In regards to airlines, I value safety most, then service. As EK and CX are the safest airlines in the world, and have the best service, I am fine

Not to mention LH´s arrogance to not offer company contracts within Germany with a good discount if you are not Siemens or BMW. Other airlines do that, starting at much smaller budgets. Reliable fares, and you can also book directly with them without any service charges if needed.

To make it short: Yes, I felt the product was declining, and I did not like the new LH F (I know this might be a personal feeling), and just having a black card from them in the pocket did not make up for it. Sure, I will chose LH if they have a direct flight to where I want to go, instead of stopping in Dubai for four hours. But what I said: it is a decision per flight. I do not want to start the year deciding about which airline I have to fly all year long.

I also understand this is different for everyone. If you do not own the company you work for, they might not pay for a VIP-service somewhere etc. In that case LH gives you something, that you do not get anywhere else. But if you manage your budget yourself, you have choices.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by Uli
...yes it was mainly product considerations...

...Not to mention LH´s arrogance to not offer company contracts within Germany with a good discount if you are not Siemens or BMW. Other airlines do that, starting at much smaller budgets. Reliable fares, and you can also book directly with them without any service charges if needed...

...it is a decision per flight. I do not want to start the year deciding about which airline I have to fly all year long...

...if you manage your budget yourself, you have choices...
Several very good points here, and well stated. Thanks for the comments.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Seems Covid19 has caused Sphor to forget about his HON Circle pledge !

Either the HON/ F lounges re open & other HON benefits return or, LH group get no more cash from me.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chris63
Seems Covid19 has caused Sphor to forget about his HON Circle pledge !
We're bored so much that we need to go all necro, necro on generic marketing blah blah that's no less than six years old?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.