Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My UA connector to Anchorage just became Alaskan Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2014, 9:59 am
Original Poster

My UA connector to Anchorage just became Alaskan Airlines

Will that effect my miles and the luggage in anyway and since when is Alaskan a Partner?
Old May 26, 2014, 11:05 am

If you did not request the change, I would suggest to call UA (if it is UA who issued the ticket) and ask the agent to add a note to the PNR (passenger name record) so that after you complete the trip you can ask for the ORC (original routing credit).

Alternatively, you could most likely get a full refund if you claim that the new schedule is not convenient for you (e.g. you make up a reason such as you already arranged for travel from your destination and the new arrival time doesn't work for you).
Old May 26, 2014, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Blame it on the shock...... Let me clarify. It seems UA is dumping the Seattle hub and unfortunately Seattle used is the fastest Connection to Anchorage. Now if you book LH to Anchorage you find yourself not onboard the usual UA flight but on an Alaskan flight! The question is now how is this going to affect us.
Old May 26, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by moeve
Blame it on the shock...... Let me clarify. It seems UA is dumping the Seattle hub and unfortunately Seattle used is the fastest Connection to Anchorage. Now if you book LH to Anchorage you find yourself not onboard the usual UA flight but on an Alaskan flight! The question is now how is this going to affect us.
Is it a codeshare?
Old May 26, 2014, 10:52 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by moeve
AS is a decent airline, I don't see the problem? OK you loose a few miles... If that is so bad, fly to ORD or LAX and connect to UAs service to ANC from there?
Old May 27, 2014, 1:39 am
Original Poster

The Miles are not the issue but what about the luggage part that is the bigger issue.
Old May 27, 2014, 1:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

AS & LH interline on all fronts, luggage should not be an issue.
Old May 27, 2014, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
AS & LH interline on all fronts, luggage should not be an issue.
Luggage fees from ANC as the *A customers suddenly have no more status?
Old May 27, 2014, 2:04 pm

MSC rules apply...@:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.