Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Y meals in J today on OS 87 [reduced service in OS longhaul flights in December 13]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Y meals in J today on OS 87 [reduced service in OS longhaul flights in December 13]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by htb
..I think it's fraudulent to sell someone an upgrade well knowing that they don't have the full service. The fact that they provide letters and meaningless compensation proves that even OS believes there's an issue with the downgraded service.

HTB.
'Fraudulent' is the official livery of LH and its integrated partners. If hawking of an upgrade with a crippled meal service is fraudulent, selling Biz full fares is grand theft ticket.

But I agree in any other industry sans real estate or telecommunication, such CFs would not be tolerated.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:43 pm

Curious if anyone had any luck receiving cash (or something else) instead of the voucher or miles?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:01 am

Just flew ord-vie. Thought the food was even better than on the trolley bc the plating was tighter. Some reduction in choices but I still loved it.

Will upload pix when I can.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by htb
I think it's fraudulent to sell someone an upgrade well knowing that they don't have the full service.
American Express agreed with me. I spoke with them on the phone and they're happy to proceed with a chargeback, but I'm holding off for now. I'm writing OS again in the meanwhile to ask them to please revert to my previous e-mail regarding proper compensation.

Originally Posted by weero
'Fraudulent' is the official livery of LH and its integrated partners. If hawking of an upgrade with a crippled meal service is fraudulent, selling Biz full fares is grand theft ticket.

But I agree in any other industry sans real estate or telecommunication, such CFs would not be tolerated.
I'm not exactly sure why we should tolerate it when it comes to airline purchases, either.

Originally Posted by polandspringuy
Curious if anyone had any luck receiving cash (or something else) instead of the voucher or miles?
I can't even get OS to acknowledge my complaint, let alone provide me an alternate form of compensation to the ones offered.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:02 pm

ORD-VIE

Still J class food, NOT Y class food.
Appetizer: Caramelized goat cheese and beetroot salad
Entree: Grilled halibut or lamb chops (I had the lamb chops)

Slight reduction in choice, since no trolley, but like I said, presentation was nicer due to pre-plating. Still tastier than Lufthansa Business class.

Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by PeaSouper
..I'm not exactly sure why we should tolerate it when it comes to airline purchases, either...
Because courts have been downgraded to work as apologetic devices for those industries it seems.

And with lounge access as political bribe the system stays well lubricated.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
American Express agreed with me. I spoke with them on the phone and they're happy to proceed with a chargeback...
One more time. AmEx can you and will agree with you all they want, but it's gonna be you losing the court case when OS takes you there. And they will.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
Response From OS

I flew OS87 on 14 DEC as stated previously in this thread. I had done what they asked and emailed them to choose my selected compensation. In the email I said that neither 100 EUR voucher for OS or 7000 M&S miles were ideal for me as I'm a UA flyer. They responded today (only 3 days later) to say they had received approval to send me a 100 EUR voucher for use on UA. So it seems they will be flexible on the compensation.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by MaximusDamon
I flew OS87 on 14 DEC as stated previously in this thread. I had done what they asked and emailed them to choose my selected compensation. In the email I said that neither 100 EUR voucher for OS or 7000 M&S miles were ideal for me as I'm a UA flyer. They responded today (only 3 days later) to say they had received approval to send me a 100 EUR voucher for use on UA. So it seems they will be flexible on the compensation.
Maximus - thank you for that info. I primarily fly UA so I'd prefer that as well. I have two letters so I'll give it a shot.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by MaximusDamon
Did you try asking for 100 EUR cash, instead of airlines credit? Thanks for update btw.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:15 am
Original Poster

OS have also gotten back in touch with me (2+ weeks later), and offered me 5000 UA miles in compensation (x2, for each of me and my wife). It's a bit underwhelming given that 7000 miles are being offered to Miles & More members.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:48 am

I am disappointed in the response I received as well. I was informed by email (reply received in less than one day) that a UA voucher was not possible and I must select between one of the two original options. Can't really HUACA...
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by polandspringuy
I am disappointed in the response I received as well. I was informed by email (reply received in less than one day) that a UA voucher was not possible and I must select between one of the two original options. Can't really HUACA...
Quite strange that there were three of us (UA frequent fliers shortchanged whilst flying OS business class) who were all offered different things:
  • MaximusDamon was offered a UA voucher for EUR 100
  • I was offered 5000 UA miles
  • You were told to go pound sand

Actually, now that I think about it, polandspringuy, did you send an e-mail to the address that was on the form given on board the flight? I didn't do that, but rather I used the comments/complaints form online at austrian.com
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:00 pm

Quite strange that there were three of us (UA frequent fliers shortchanged whilst flying OS business class) who were all offered different things:
  • MaximusDamon was offered a UA voucher for EUR 100
  • I was offered 5000 UA miles
  • You were told to go pound sand

Actually, now that I think about it, polandspringuy, did you send an e-mail to the address that was on the form given on board the flight? I didn't do that, but rather I used the comments/complaints form online at austrian.com
Luck of the draw I guess. Depends on who got to your email.

I used the e-mail that was on letter from the flight.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:20 pm

OS have also gotten back in touch with me (2+ weeks later), and offered me 5000 UA miles in compensation (x2, for each of me and my wife). It's a bit underwhelming given that 7000 miles are being offered to Miles & More members.
I think that 5K miles is the official *A cap. Anything else requires a major overhead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.