Search

Status Extended Today

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:27 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Status Extended Today

It has been two years since I received a status extension.I am up for one this year - I was not expecting it to be posted already on November 6. I had these two bookings on my account today:

06/11/2013 Benefit Statusverlängerung: SEN
06/11/2013 2 eVoucher Statusverlängerung SEN

And my SEN status is now valid until Feb 2016. Unfortunately, suspect this will be my last extension unless there are unexpected improvements in the program.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
My 6 vouchers posted on the 5th together with the status extention.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:55 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
This is a change in the system behavior from previous years?

And congrats, Rambuster on the HON renewal. I do not even want to know how much you are in a plane each year to maintain all of those status levels!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:11 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by cbellero
And congrats, Rambuster on the HON renewal. I do not even want to know how much you are in a plane each year to maintain all of those status levels!
In the LH Dialog event on Monday, Mr. Spohr did make a comment recognizing that some participants probably spend more time on LH aircraft than typical LH crews...
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
In the LH Dialog event on Monday, Mr. Spohr did make a comment recognizing that some participants probably spend more time on LH aircraft than typical LH crews...
Regular comment also at the HON events I have been to- it seems to be something they are indeed well aware of. If the baseline is that a crew member on average spends 900 hours flying a year then indeed quite a few long haul frequent flyers will be over the crew level. (assume 10 hour flight=90 legs per year which is less than 2 per week).
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Heh, I chose a wrong profession. Academia flies a lot but not that much and our beloved universities force us to book Y
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Requalification sweep is always the first week of November...@:-)
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Not yet for me as I quit my usual habit of flying to the far east via FRA or ZRH.

I am still couple of thousands short of the 300k HON miles for this year as my extensive travel on BA+AA+CX has bitten me this year and made my HON re-qualification hard as a rock.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
Nothing for me yet. Last re-qualification on LH/M&M...

That being said: should I call HON-line if requal doesn't post by the end of November?

Last edited by CzeSEN; Nov 6, 2013 at 9:30 am
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by cbellero
It has been two years since I received a status extension.I am up for one this year - I was not expecting it to be posted already on November 6. I had these two bookings on my account today:

06/11/2013 Benefit Statusverlängerung: SEN
06/11/2013 2 eVoucher Statusverlängerung SEN

And my SEN status is now valid until Feb 2016. Unfortunately, suspect this will be my last extension unless there are unexpected improvements in the program.
+1

I wonder if the new card will come with the stars or after all the rant they will eliminate the idea.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by outgoing
Heh, I chose a wrong profession. Academia flies a lot but not that much and our beloved universities force us to book Y
In many professions you do not even travel...
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by more4less
In many professions you do not even travel...
YUP. A bank teller
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I'm secure as SEN now until 2017. oliver2002, do you any good start-up ideas that will have us generating enough cash by 2/17 to allow for flying F?
(assuming there are any F cabins remaining by then)
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by N1003U
If you click My Lounge, My flight statistics and then Show statistic details, on the left there's a chart showing exactly that. Mine says:
Altogether you have spent approx. 219.3 hours in the air. To put this in perspective, a crew member flies an average of 900 flying hours per year.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: LH Sen, UA 1K, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platin Ambassador
Originally Posted by more4less
+1

I wonder if the new card will come with the stars or after all the rant they will eliminate the idea.
If you are supposed getting stars on your card, you will get them.

It was not planned to give away some benefits along with the stars, so the LH management don't care about the rant. They will need the stars for additional customer segments to run better campaigns in the marketing section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.