Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status STARS [2013-2023]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nice offer for essentially 750EUR and if you like DTM:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...002&WT.tsrc=nl
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:56 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Select the wine for Lufthansa First Class with your Status Stars

Your favourite Chardonnay in Lufthansa First Class: select the best wine with us

Dear NewbieRunner,

Since its debut in Burgundy, France, Chardonnay has delighted enthusiasts throughout the world. And of course, the full-bodied appearance of this excellent grape has found a stage on the wine list of Lufthansa First Class. As a Status Star holder, you can now help decide the preferred Chardonnay – by selecting your favourite from an impressive choice of some of the best wines.

Join us at the exclusive wine tasting on 16 September 2015: for 35,000 award miles per person, one companion may attend with you. Exceptional wines made from Chardonnay grapes can be sampled at the facilities of the LSG Sky Chefs at the Frankfurt Airport. You will then select the wine that in the future will be served in First Class along with other connoisseurs under the guidance of world champion sommelier Markus del Monego. The subtle flavour nuances of the Chardonnay will be paired with culinary refinements from star chef Christian Jürgens who will prepare a four-course Bavarian meal that he created exclusively for Lufthansa First Class.

Of course, seats at this exclusive table are limited. That is why we recommend that you reserve as soon as possible and no later than 12 September 2015.

We wish you an enjoyable evening at the Lufthansa First Class wine tasting in addition to many other exceptional experiences in the future with your Status Stars.

To the details
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
FWIW, it seems the stars update during the qualification period: my friend just got his :-::-::-:. His SEN is already valid till 2/17, but he crossed the 100k status miles in late april and the 3rd :-: came late August.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:17 pm

I got a msg to the M&M inbox when I got a * saying that I'll get new plastic - and it came in the mail a couple days later.
Not even (re)qualifying.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I haven't even got a single star, and I've been FTL for a long time.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:47 am

Now if the Stars would have some real usage when you travel and use the card, it would be great..

Some examples what would be useful examples: (I have no stars so I won't "profit")

-With 2*+, you get a free piece of luggage even when on Light-fares (or, per Star you've one voucher for a free piece of luggage..)
-Stars have some count on Op-Ups.
-For each Star you have, you'll get a free lounge entrance voucher for one level "up" per year (FTL->SEN lounge, SEN->F Lounge, HON->Extra Guest allowance)

Plenty of ideas come to my mind.. for the moment, the Status Stars are more like collecting stickers in school for good work.. nice, but no real use.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I haven't even got a single star, and I've been FTL for a long time.
You'd have to hold FTL for almost 14 years to earn a worthless decoration.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Now if the Stars would have some real usage when you travel and use the card, it would be great..

Some examples what would be useful examples: (I have no stars so I won't "profit")

-With 2*+, you get a free piece of luggage even when on Light-fares (or, per Star you've one voucher for a free piece of luggage..)
-Stars have some count on Op-Ups.
-For each Star you have, you'll get a free lounge entrance voucher for one level "up" per year (FTL->SEN lounge, SEN->F Lounge, HON->Extra Guest allowance)

Plenty of ideas come to my mind.. for the moment, the Status Stars are more like collecting stickers in school for good work.. nice, but no real use.
A real lifetime status like, BA, AF, AY, AA, UA, QF, EK, SA,...

Lifetime FTL for one star
Lifetime SEN for two stars...
Lifetime HON...

Did Mr. Spohr promice real benefits at the last "Kamingespräch" almost a year ago?

How about!
26% Executive Bonus for one star
27% Executive Bonus for two stars

Status stars and select miles - the biggest jokes of LH.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Indeed! For me the select miles are an even bigger joke. With status stars at least I have a star on my card. Select miles bring me nothing!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Originally Posted by jochen_vdk
Indeed! For me the select miles are an even bigger joke. With status stars at least I have a star on my card. Select miles bring me nothing!
For me it's the other way round: the select miles brought me free Hilton Gold membership, EUR 200 in purchase vouchers and 4 senator lounge vouchers (each of which were great gifts for friends) as well as two frist class upgrades. Whereas I couldn't care less what's printed on my card. And based on what you see people spending on ebay for baggage tags with one, two or three starts you see that other people do care a lot about this prestige/star stuff. Bottom line: LH is indeed satisfying different people's needs both with the status stars and the select miles.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:52 am

If you credited those miles to UA they would have brought you free Marriott status and 6 first class upgrades.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Not just a big joke but also a marketing scam

The funny thing many people are buying it
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Which is what they calculated and hoped for, so their gamble paid of to a certain extent. Unfortunately the vast majority of the flying public is not as discerning as the average FT member.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by gru_muc
For me it's the other way round: the select miles brought me free Hilton Gold membership, EUR 200 in purchase vouchers and 4 senator lounge vouchers (each of which were great gifts for friends) as well as two frist class upgrades. Whereas I couldn't care less what's printed on my card. And based on what you see people spending on ebay for baggage tags with one, two or three starts you see that other people do care a lot about this prestige/star stuff. Bottom line: LH is indeed satisfying different people's needs both with the status stars and the select miles.
Hilton Gold comes with the Credit Card.
With purchase vouchers I found out that you can get most of the stuff much cheaper anywhere else. This is even true with my E-Vouchers. An LH Upgradable fare in Y or C costs as much as C and F fares on their competitors.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:53 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Discover culinary Paris with your Status Stars

Delight all your senses – at your exclusive cooking class in Paris

Dear NewbieRunner,

France is a dream destination for gourmets. Hardly any other style of cooking has achieved such mastery in the creation of refined dishes as the epicurean excellence established by the French. As a Status Star holder you can now gain an insight into the secrets of the culinary arts.

Experience Paris with all your senses from 27 to 28 November – at a cooking class at the 'École de Cuisine Alain Ducasse'. For 75,000 award miles true master chefs will grant you an exclusive look behind the scenes of their craft. You will learn techniques from Michelin‑star chefs, test yourself with challenging recipes and cook with the finest ingredients. And, of course, you will then be able to enjoy the menus that you yourself have prepared.

The festivities begin for you as early as the evening of your arrival at the luxuriously appointed, 5-star 'La Trémoille' hotel; in the hotel’s own restaurant, 'Le Louis 2', we will welcome you with a champagne reception followed by an enticing dinner. From the hotel you can also explore the boutiques of the eighth arrondissement or simply immerse yourself in the magical holiday atmosphere of Paris the first weekend of Advent.

As you might expect, reservations for this unique gourmet experience are, unfortunately, limited. We therefore recommend that you reserve your place as promptly as possible and kindly no later than 30 October 2015.

We hope you spend two wonderfully indulgent days in Paris, the city of lights glowing during the holiday season and also enjoy many more exceptional experiences with your Status Stars in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Alexander Schlaubitz
Vice President Marketing
Lufthansa German Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.