Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed out of IAH caused new booking class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD , FBG
Delayed out of IAH caused new booking class

On Monday 30th of September I flew from Houston to Bergen through FRA.
The flight out of bush was three hours late because of issues with TSA.
Originally I had a flight from FRA to Bergen at 10:00 am the next day, so only one hour for transit.
This was a B ticket in Y on both legs.
Needless to say I did not make the flight at ten, and had to wait until 3:45 pm for my next flight. I got my boarding card at a machine, and to my surprise it was now in booking class M.
Because of the delay, I got this issues to face:
- Three hours of extra drinks in Houston, which is not good for liver.
- Missed my meeting in Bergen, afternoon of 1st of October.
- No compensation to buy food in FRA, something that one would get with other airlines.
- Changed booking class, which I believe will result in less miles. Normally I would not bother with the miles, but due to the enhancements LH is coming with, it pisses me off slightly. If they insist on changing class, then it should go in the other direction.
I mailed miles & more but they don't respond. I'm *A with SAS and FTL with miles & more. Not that I expect it to make any difference...

Any suggestions on how I can pursuit getting the fraction of miles ?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:41 pm

Negotiate on the spot. Accept what they offer. If you do not accept the offer, you sue in small claims court. Worth it? I doubt it. But you have to make demands at the time, or practically, all is lost.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just write M&M a mail via the feedback page, you will get the retrocredit according to the original ticketed booking class.

If LH didn't follow the right to care rule of EU261/04, you can file a complaint here:

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Feedb...dbackType=FBCA
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Lufthansa tends to print a big fat M on the boarding passes, that is however the cabin class not the actual booking class. The booking class is also there in a bit smaller font.

For European flights, from your post I would guess that it was only the Bergen flight that was changed, B and M gives the same amount of miles for both M&M and EB. For long haul, B gives more than M on M&M but again the same on EB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.