Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading domestic leg in conjunction with TATL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Upgrading domestic leg in conjunction with TATL

I used M&M miles to upgrade DEN-FRA to I class. Being new to M&M and the upgrade request tool, I did not realize that I was also entitled to upgrade the FRA-TXL segment as well for no additional miles. I called the M&M service center in the US and first had to explain to the agent that according to the M&M T&Cs on mileage upgrades I was eligible for an upgrade on FRA-TXL. I was told that since the DEN-FRA leg had already cleared, I was out of luck. Has anyone had success in getting the domestic leg upgrade for no extra miles when using miles for a TATL upgrade? I know that on UA this is a very simple process.

I assume that in the future, I should request both legs at the same time.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: LH HON
not really worth the hustle... it's a very short flight and it's the same seats...
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by daumueller
not really worth the hustle... it's a very short flight and it's the same seats...
Yeah, I know. It's more about getting more for my miles (and being able to get an advance seat reservation).
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by tods27
I used M&M miles to upgrade DEN-FRA to I class. Being new to M&M and the upgrade request tool, I did not realize that I was also entitled to upgrade the FRA-TXL segment as well for no additional miles. I called the M&M service center in the US and first had to explain to the agent that according to the M&M T&Cs on mileage upgrades I was eligible for an upgrade on FRA-TXL. I was told that since the DEN-FRA leg had already cleared, I was out of luck. Has anyone had success in getting the domestic leg upgrade for no extra miles when using miles for a TATL upgrade? I know that on UA this is a very simple process.

I assume that in the future, I should request both legs at the same time.
Others may be able to suggest how retroactively to upgrade the onward domestic German connection from your TATL mileage upgrade. The domestic-connection upgrade should go through if you request it at the same time as you request a TATL upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.