Search

German wings interline with AB?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2013, 5:43 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
German wings interline with AB?

Is it possible to check the bags all the way?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Not sure but they're not listed as partners at http://www.airberlin.com/en-GB/site/...et_lid=6760031
Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:06 am

Check-in agent IMHO can check bags to the final destination manually putting AB flight#.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 12:50 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Originally Posted by egon.olsen
Check-in agent IMHO can check bags to the final destination manually putting AB flight#.
For sure?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by flymanbeast
For sure?
Couple of times I flown on two separate tickets of carriers who had no agreement at all and it was ok. I think it's a matter of an agent.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by egon.olsen
Couple of times I flown on two separate tickets of carriers who had no agreement at all and it was ok. I think it's a matter of an agent.
usually, doesn't work without interline agreement - are you sure, there was none for your cases? which airlines were you connecting to for example?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:56 am

Last time it was LO WAW-TXL and AB onwards. AFAIR they had no interline at that time.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by go_around
Not sure but they're not listed as partners at http://www.airberlin.com/en-GB/site/...et_lid=6760031
This is what the website says (does not mention anything regarding non-partner airlines):
If your booking consists of an etix® ticket number and/or a Germanwings flight booked with one of our partner airlines or at a travel agency, luggage provisions may differ. Please contact the airline or travel agency for more information.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: LH Sen, AF/KL gold, AB platinum, BA silver, HHonors diamond, SPG gold, ...
I fear you will not really find out before check-in.

I had baggage interlining between AB and LH flights (so checked in by AB) in the past, but at that time AB was not yet such a serious competitor for LH and not yet in a competing alliance.
My local airport CGN had their own program for interlining baggage between the then considered low-cost carriers Germanwings, HLX and AB.

But with all the changes being implemented to the Germanwings business model at the moment and rules being changed on daily basis (four years ago you could access the LH lounge flying 4U, two years ago you could not access the LH lounge flying 4U, one year ago you could again acess the LH lounge flying 4U, two months ago suddenly you could no longer bring a guest into the LH lounge flying 4U, now you no longer even need any LH status to enter the LH lounge flying 4U, whilst LH passengers may not access....) I seriously doubt even a phonecall to the airline would give you any reliable information. The only thing you can rely on, is that the check-in agent also won't know better and either does check your luggage through or not. My bet is once it's checked through, it will also be transported through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.