Wiki Posts
Search

OU and Croatian Air Traffic Control on strike

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
OU and Croatian Air Traffic Control on strike

A major caveat to anyone travelling to Croatia in the next few days, as the OU strike is escalating into an all-out Croatian one. My suggestion - get rebooked to other airports in the region (LJU, BEG, TRS, BUD, VCE, SJJ, VIE) if you absolutely have to travel in the next few days.

The current situation is that OU has been on strike yesterday and today. The ground handling union has signed the new collective contract, so at least no BRU-like issues, but many flights are being cancelled and delayed nevertheless. Rebookings to LH group carriers are extensive, on a first-come first-serve basis.

However, the strike is spreading - ZAG and SPU airport staff have announced a strike for tomorrow, affecting all flights regardless of carrier, and the same has been done by Croatian Air Traffic Control, resulting in a potential chaos in Croatian skies.

Additional info available here:

http://exyuaviation.blogspot.com/201...ke-begins.html

http://exyuaviation.blogspot.com/201...ount-amid.html

I'll update the thread as new info appears.
Old May 19, 2013, 9:19 am
Original Poster

The strike has now entered its sixth day, without much advancement in the negotiations. OU have wet-leased a few aircraft to pull things together as much as possible, but cancellations are all over the place nevertheless. The government is already considering bankruptcy and a successor carrier. It's not looking good. (Particularly for us who've already booked summer travel with OU).
Old May 21, 2013, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

After eight long and painful days, the strike is finally over and things are returning back to normal, thus ending this soliloquy of mine Phew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.