Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Reply

Old Oct 23, 12, 6:55 am
  #121  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 830
Originally Posted by SAN 1K View Post
Dear LH Lurkers,
Thanks to LH for another excellent in-flight first-class experience, this time from FRA (new z gate) to IAH on the 380. My first 380 first-class trip and everything on board was wonderful. The problems were before and after the flight.
As to the before issue, boarding at the new Z gate was a mess. After a very long walk from the lounge, I experienced a huge aggressive crowd at the gate. There were no stanchions or other devices to provide a separated area for premium boarding. How could that be in a brand new terminal?
As to the after issue, the checked bag delivery at IAH was most problematic. The staff delivered all the IAH destination bags first, premium and non-premium. Then finally started the connecting passenger bags. This makes no sense, as connecting passengers are inherently in a rush. But the staff at the baggage area told me that it is always done this way! I made my connection with much stress. But many others were not as fortunate.
Feel free to PM me if you need more detail.
Thanks.

Hi San 1K, thank you for sharing your experiences with us - the good and the bad one! I would like to forward your impression of the flight itself to our crew who will be happy to hear this. I will also forward your feedback regarding the new gate and luggage procedure to the specific stations. Would you please send me more details (i. e. flight number, flight date) here? http://f.lh.com/zVHQ. Thank you very much.

Fatime
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 12, 6:56 am
  #122  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 830
Originally Posted by ded0r View Post
Dear LH Lurkers,

first of all thank you for your efforts in establishing and maintaining this channel of direct communication. As far as I have seen you have been able to resolve quite a few issues of other users.

Two weeks ago, I came back from MEX to FRA via IAH on LH441 arriving on October 7. My baggage got stuck in IAH and I did not receive it until October 10. Unfortunately in the meantime I was required to buy clothes and toiletries.
As per the rules I know that I am untitled to 50% of reimbursement for clothes and 100% for necessary toiletry items. The remaining 50% will be covered by my coporate insurance. However, they have asked me to send the original receipts otherwise they will not be able to reimburse me. Thus, I have asked LH if it is possible to send the copies only or signing a binding letter that I agree to not file any other reimbursement claims with these receipts. I have heard that LH used this procedure in similar cases.

I've contacted LH via email (Feedback ID 21732538), but have not received an answer so far. The reason why I am forwarding this to you is that my insurance gave me a deadline to file the claim which is due on October 30.

I would appreciate if you could look into my case.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Dear dedOr, I will contact my colleagues from Customer Relation regarding this issue. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you!

Fatime
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 12, 11:58 am
  #123  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PRG
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Dear Marr3wk, I have received the following interim reply from my colleagues that there seems to be a problem with the Mileage bargain alltogether. As soon as I have more information, I will let you know. Best regards, Isabell
Any news on this?
Marr3wk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 12, 4:16 pm
  #124  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,161
evoucher expiry dates?

Dear Lurkers,
Thank you kindly for participating in this thread.
I have a question for you regarding e-voucher expiry dates- my understanding is that evouchers now have an expiry period- is there a way to view the expiry date of the evouchers on the M&M portal? If yes- could you please explain how?

If no- can you please advise as to the best way to monitor evoucher expiry dates?

Kind Regards,

TRAVELSIG
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 12, 8:48 pm
  #125  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Raleigh
Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 750
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Hi San 1K, thank you for sharing your experiences with us - the good and the bad one! I would like to forward your impression of the flight itself to our crew who will be happy to hear this. I will also forward your feedback regarding the new gate and luggage procedure to the specific stations. Would you please send me more details (i. e. flight number, flight date) here? http://f.lh.com/zVHQ. Thank you very much.

Fatime
LH440 on Friday October 19th.
Thanks.
SAN 1K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 12, 8:20 am
  #126  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 830
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
Dear Lurkers,
Thank you kindly for participating in this thread.
I have a question for you regarding e-voucher expiry dates- my understanding is that evouchers now have an expiry period- is there a way to view the expiry date of the evouchers on the M&M portal? If yes- could you please explain how?

If no- can you please advise as to the best way to monitor evoucher expiry dates?

Kind Regards,

TRAVELSIG
Dear Travelsig,
let me list the rules regarding this as following:

- eVouchers accrued up to 30 June 2010 will remain valid for a further 36 months and will not expire until 1 July 2013.

- eVouchers accrued between 1 July 2010 and 30 March 2011 likewise will not expire until 1 July 2013 and therefore have a validity of up to 36 months.

- All eVouchers accrued from 1 April 2011 onwards will be valid for 24 months.

To find out when a specific eVoucher will expire you actually have to check the accrual date of that voucher in your account statement. For example if you have received one on 12th of April 2011 you know that it will be valid till 12th of April 2013.

Hope this helps!

All the best, Fatime
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 12, 8:22 am
  #127  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 830
Originally Posted by SAN 1K View Post
LH440 on Friday October 19th.
Thanks.
Great, thanks! I have just forwarded it.

Fatime
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 12, 8:25 am
  #128  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 830
Originally Posted by Marr3wk View Post
Any news on this?
Hi Marr3wk, I have just received the information that several tests were succesful so the promotion should be working now. Please let us know if it still doesn't.
Regards, Vanessa
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 12, 6:53 am
  #129  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: FRA
Programs: Lufthansa FTL
Posts: 30
Hello Team !
This a great initiative.
I am an FTL and I fly regularly between LHR and FRA , since the spin off of BMI there has been no lounge facilites for FTL in LHR , can you tell me if this will continue to be the case ? i have just requalified and will start to qualify with BA for the future if this situation does not improve , the lounge in LHR was the best perk of being an FTL for me...

Many thanks
M
Milla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 12, 10:34 am
  #130  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Great, thanks! I have just forwarded it.

Fatime
One more to add to this request, but a slight variation.

I was on the same LH440 on Oct 20th from FRA-IAH. The LH agents announced that the bags would arrive on two different belts, one for terminating passengers in Houston and one for connecting flights.

I had a connecting flight and waited until the last bag arrived only to find that my bags were delivered on the different belt, not sure if it had anything to do with the premium passenger tags.

Anyway I missed my connection because of this and arrived home 3 hours later than I would have if they informed us correctly. LH would not help me with anything that could have helped my transfer a bit quicker at houston.

It would be nice if they fix this miscommunication issue.
nrjanga is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 12, 2:14 am
  #131  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,161
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Dear Travelsig,
let me list the rules regarding this as following:

- eVouchers accrued up to 30 June 2010 will remain valid for a further 36 months and will not expire until 1 July 2013.

- eVouchers accrued between 1 July 2010 and 30 March 2011 likewise will not expire until 1 July 2013 and therefore have a validity of up to 36 months.

- All eVouchers accrued from 1 April 2011 onwards will be valid for 24 months.

To find out when a specific eVoucher will expire you actually have to check the accrual date of that voucher in your account statement. For example if you have received one on 12th of April 2011 you know that it will be valid till 12th of April 2013.

Hope this helps!

All the best, Fatime
Thank you for the updates. Given there are no longer printed account statements- can you advise as to the most effective way to check this? Is there any plan for example to display online the expiry dates (such as DL does)?
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 12, 6:30 am
  #132  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 830
Originally Posted by Milla View Post
Hello Team !
This a great initiative.
I am an FTL and I fly regularly between LHR and FRA , since the spin off of BMI there has been no lounge facilites for FTL in LHR , can you tell me if this will continue to be the case ? i have just requalified and will start to qualify with BA for the future if this situation does not improve , the lounge in LHR was the best perk of being an FTL for me...

Many thanks
M

Hi Milla, I have forwarded your question to the respective department and will get back to you as soon as they reply. Regards, Vanessa
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 12, 6:31 am
  #133  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 830
Originally Posted by nrjanga View Post
One more to add to this request, but a slight variation.

I was on the same LH440 on Oct 20th from FRA-IAH. The LH agents announced that the bags would arrive on two different belts, one for terminating passengers in Houston and one for connecting flights.

I had a connecting flight and waited until the last bag arrived only to find that my bags were delivered on the different belt, not sure if it had anything to do with the premium passenger tags.

Anyway I missed my connection because of this and arrived home 3 hours later than I would have if they informed us correctly. LH would not help me with anything that could have helped my transfer a bit quicker at houston.

It would be nice if they fix this miscommunication issue.

Hi nrjanga, I'm sorry to hear that this miscommunication caused a disruption of your journey! I have forwarded your feedback to IAH station. Regards, Vanessa
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 12, 6:32 am
  #134  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 830
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
Thank you for the updates. Given there are no longer printed account statements- can you advise as to the most effective way to check this? Is there any plan for example to display online the expiry dates (such as DL does)?

Hi TRAVELSIG, with an updated version of the Miles & More website a new feature will show how many evouchers will expire. Unfortunately this feature probably won't be introduced before April 2013. Regards, Vanessa
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 12, 6:33 am
  #135  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,161
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Hi TRAVELSIG, with an updated version of the Miles & More website a new feature will show how many evouchers will expire. Unfortunately this feature probably won't be introduced before April 2013. Regards, Vanessa
2013 is good. Thanks for the updates.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread