Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 6:55 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by SAN 1K
Dear LH Lurkers,
Thanks to LH for another excellent in-flight first-class experience, this time from FRA (new z gate) to IAH on the 380. My first 380 first-class trip and everything on board was wonderful. The problems were before and after the flight.
As to the before issue, boarding at the new Z gate was a mess. After a very long walk from the lounge, I experienced a huge aggressive crowd at the gate. There were no stanchions or other devices to provide a separated area for premium boarding. How could that be in a brand new terminal?
As to the after issue, the checked bag delivery at IAH was most problematic. The staff delivered all the IAH destination bags first, premium and non-premium. Then finally started the connecting passenger bags. This makes no sense, as connecting passengers are inherently in a rush. But the staff at the baggage area told me that it is always done this way! I made my connection with much stress. But many others were not as fortunate.
Feel free to PM me if you need more detail.
Thanks.

Hi San 1K, thank you for sharing your experiences with us - the good and the bad one! I would like to forward your impression of the flight itself to our crew who will be happy to hear this. I will also forward your feedback regarding the new gate and luggage procedure to the specific stations. Would you please send me more details (i. e. flight number, flight date) here? http://f.lh.com/zVHQ. Thank you very much.

Fatime
Old Oct 23, 2012, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by ded0r
Dear LH Lurkers,

first of all thank you for your efforts in establishing and maintaining this channel of direct communication. As far as I have seen you have been able to resolve quite a few issues of other users.

Two weeks ago, I came back from MEX to FRA via IAH on LH441 arriving on October 7. My baggage got stuck in IAH and I did not receive it until October 10. Unfortunately in the meantime I was required to buy clothes and toiletries.
As per the rules I know that I am untitled to 50% of reimbursement for clothes and 100% for necessary toiletry items. The remaining 50% will be covered by my coporate insurance. However, they have asked me to send the original receipts otherwise they will not be able to reimburse me. Thus, I have asked LH if it is possible to send the copies only or signing a binding letter that I agree to not file any other reimbursement claims with these receipts. I have heard that LH used this procedure in similar cases.

I've contacted LH via email (Feedback ID 21732538), but have not received an answer so far. The reason why I am forwarding this to you is that my insurance gave me a deadline to file the claim which is due on October 30.

I would appreciate if you could look into my case.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Dear dedOr, I will contact my colleagues from Customer Relation regarding this issue. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you!

Fatime
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear Marr3wk, I have received the following interim reply from my colleagues that there seems to be a problem with the Mileage bargain alltogether. As soon as I have more information, I will let you know. Best regards, Isabell
Any news on this?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

evoucher expiry dates?

Dear Lurkers,
Thank you kindly for participating in this thread.
I have a question for you regarding e-voucher expiry dates- my understanding is that evouchers now have an expiry period- is there a way to view the expiry date of the evouchers on the M&M portal? If yes- could you please explain how?

If no- can you please advise as to the best way to monitor evoucher expiry dates?

Kind Regards,

TRAVELSIG
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Hi San 1K, thank you for sharing your experiences with us - the good and the bad one! I would like to forward your impression of the flight itself to our crew who will be happy to hear this. I will also forward your feedback regarding the new gate and luggage procedure to the specific stations. Would you please send me more details (i. e. flight number, flight date) here? http://f.lh.com/zVHQ. Thank you very much.

Fatime
LH440 on Friday October 19th.
Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Dear Lurkers,
Thank you kindly for participating in this thread.
I have a question for you regarding e-voucher expiry dates- my understanding is that evouchers now have an expiry period- is there a way to view the expiry date of the evouchers on the M&M portal? If yes- could you please explain how?

If no- can you please advise as to the best way to monitor evoucher expiry dates?

Kind Regards,

TRAVELSIG
Dear Travelsig,
let me list the rules regarding this as following:

- eVouchers accrued up to 30 June 2010 will remain valid for a further 36 months and will not expire until 1 July 2013.

- eVouchers accrued between 1 July 2010 and 30 March 2011 likewise will not expire until 1 July 2013 and therefore have a validity of up to 36 months.

- All eVouchers accrued from 1 April 2011 onwards will be valid for 24 months.

To find out when a specific eVoucher will expire you actually have to check the accrual date of that voucher in your account statement. For example if you have received one on 12th of April 2011 you know that it will be valid till 12th of April 2013.

Hope this helps!

All the best, Fatime
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by SAN 1K
LH440 on Friday October 19th.
Thanks.
Great, thanks! I have just forwarded it.

Fatime
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Marr3wk
Any news on this?
Hi Marr3wk, I have just received the information that several tests were succesful so the promotion should be working now. Please let us know if it still doesn't.
Regards, Vanessa
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL
Hello Team !
This a great initiative.
I am an FTL and I fly regularly between LHR and FRA , since the spin off of BMI there has been no lounge facilites for FTL in LHR , can you tell me if this will continue to be the case ? i have just requalified and will start to qualify with BA for the future if this situation does not improve , the lounge in LHR was the best perk of being an FTL for me...

Many thanks
M
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
Great, thanks! I have just forwarded it.

Fatime
One more to add to this request, but a slight variation.

I was on the same LH440 on Oct 20th from FRA-IAH. The LH agents announced that the bags would arrive on two different belts, one for terminating passengers in Houston and one for connecting flights.

I had a connecting flight and waited until the last bag arrived only to find that my bags were delivered on the different belt, not sure if it had anything to do with the premium passenger tags.

Anyway I missed my connection because of this and arrived home 3 hours later than I would have if they informed us correctly. LH would not help me with anything that could have helped my transfer a bit quicker at houston.

It would be nice if they fix this miscommunication issue.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dear Travelsig,
let me list the rules regarding this as following:

- eVouchers accrued up to 30 June 2010 will remain valid for a further 36 months and will not expire until 1 July 2013.

- eVouchers accrued between 1 July 2010 and 30 March 2011 likewise will not expire until 1 July 2013 and therefore have a validity of up to 36 months.

- All eVouchers accrued from 1 April 2011 onwards will be valid for 24 months.

To find out when a specific eVoucher will expire you actually have to check the accrual date of that voucher in your account statement. For example if you have received one on 12th of April 2011 you know that it will be valid till 12th of April 2013.

Hope this helps!

All the best, Fatime
Thank you for the updates. Given there are no longer printed account statements- can you advise as to the most effective way to check this? Is there any plan for example to display online the expiry dates (such as DL does)?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Milla
Hello Team !
This a great initiative.
I am an FTL and I fly regularly between LHR and FRA , since the spin off of BMI there has been no lounge facilites for FTL in LHR , can you tell me if this will continue to be the case ? i have just requalified and will start to qualify with BA for the future if this situation does not improve , the lounge in LHR was the best perk of being an FTL for me...

Many thanks
M

Hi Milla, I have forwarded your question to the respective department and will get back to you as soon as they reply. Regards, Vanessa
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by nrjanga
One more to add to this request, but a slight variation.

I was on the same LH440 on Oct 20th from FRA-IAH. The LH agents announced that the bags would arrive on two different belts, one for terminating passengers in Houston and one for connecting flights.

I had a connecting flight and waited until the last bag arrived only to find that my bags were delivered on the different belt, not sure if it had anything to do with the premium passenger tags.

Anyway I missed my connection because of this and arrived home 3 hours later than I would have if they informed us correctly. LH would not help me with anything that could have helped my transfer a bit quicker at houston.

It would be nice if they fix this miscommunication issue.

Hi nrjanga, I'm sorry to hear that this miscommunication caused a disruption of your journey! I have forwarded your feedback to IAH station. Regards, Vanessa
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Thank you for the updates. Given there are no longer printed account statements- can you advise as to the most effective way to check this? Is there any plan for example to display online the expiry dates (such as DL does)?

Hi TRAVELSIG, with an updated version of the Miles & More website a new feature will show how many evouchers will expire. Unfortunately this feature probably won't be introduced before April 2013. Regards, Vanessa
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi TRAVELSIG, with an updated version of the Miles & More website a new feature will show how many evouchers will expire. Unfortunately this feature probably won't be introduced before April 2013. Regards, Vanessa
2013 is good. Thanks for the updates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.