FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

FlyingStefan Feb 2, 2013 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88 (Post 20158594)
Speaking of which, make sure you ask the IT team to ...

One more IT wish: Could you please ask the IT Team to include "Stuttgart" as the first option when looking for a flight to "STR". I am so used to using the IATA airport codes, but if I want to book a flight on lufthansa.com to "STR", the website only shows "Buenos Aires", "Adelaide" and some more. Thanks.

NewbieRunner Feb 3, 2013 9:06 am

Originally Posted by FlyingStefan (Post 20173371)
One more IT wish: Could you please ask the IT Team to include "Stuttgart" as the first option when looking for a flight to "STR". I am so used to using the IATA airport codes, but if I want to book a flight on lufthansa.com to "STR", the website only shows "Buenos Aires", "Adelaide" and some more. Thanks.

Ditto for "MAN". When I enter "MAN" to book a flight from "Manchester, UK" on lufthansa.com I'm offered a list with Amman as the first option followed by airports in Romania and Germany. If I add another letter and type "MANC" I get a choice of two airports:

Manchester, Manchester - Boston Regional, NH (MHT), USA
Manchester, Manchester (MAN), United Kingdom

However, if you type "FRA" you get Frankfurt/Main International (FRA) as the first option above several airports in France.

When three characters which exactly match an IATA airport code are entered, that airport should always appear at the top of the list. This is already possible for FRA. I hope the IT Team will be able to fix it for other airports as well. Thanks.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Feb 4, 2013 4:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyingStefan (Post 20173371)

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 20177263)
Ditto for "MAN". When I enter "MAN" to book a flight from "Manchester, UK" on lufthansa.com I'm offered a list with Amman as the first option followed by airports in Romania and Germany. If I add another letter and type "MANC" I get a choice of two airports:

Manchester, Manchester - Boston Regional, NH (MHT), USA
Manchester, Manchester (MAN), United Kingdom

However, if you type "FRA" you get Frankfurt/Main International (FRA) as the first option above several airports in France.

When three characters which exactly match an IATA airport code are entered, that airport should always appear at the top of the list. This is already possible for FRA. I hope the IT Team will be able to fix it for other airports as well. Thanks.

Dear Flying Stefan and NewbieRunner,

thanks for your suggestions. We just forwarded them to our colleagues!

Stefanie

divjan Feb 6, 2013 9:20 am

Dear LH Lurkers
Is there any reason why LH.com will not price out or for that matter show any flights in Business or First class between NYC and SJJ (Sarajevo)....

as of now it will allow you to only search for Economy options

usually i had options to book nyc-muc-sjj or nyc-fra-vie/muc-sjj

SuperFlyBoy Feb 6, 2013 9:35 am

I was just wondering if LH could rework their booking engine to allow separate classes of travel for the outbound and the return...

LufthansaGermanAirlines Feb 7, 2013 5:17 am

Originally Posted by divjan (Post 20196114)
Dear LH Lurkers
Is there any reason why LH.com will not price out or for that matter show any flights in Business or First class between NYC and SJJ (Sarajevo)....

as of now it will allow you to only search for Economy options

usually i had options to book nyc-muc-sjj or nyc-fra-vie/muc-sjj

Dear divjan,

in this case I kindly recommend you to call our colleagues from the Technical Support (http://f.lh.com/fju4) directly - they will gladly check all details for you.

Stefanie

LufthansaGermanAirlines Feb 7, 2013 5:18 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 20196215)
I was just wondering if LH could rework their booking engine to allow separate classes of travel for the outbound and the return...

Dea SuperFlyBoy,

we will forward you suggestion to our colleagues.

Thanks
Stefanie

LufthansaGermanAirlines Feb 7, 2013 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Terbang (Post 20151220)
Dear LH Lurker,

This morning I read in the Dutch Financial Times an advert of Emirates. You may know that Emirates is flying now for only a couple of years on Amsterdam while Lufthansa is already flying for ages on this city.
Emirates offers to its Dutch customers the internet payment possibility of iDEAL. This is THE common internet payment platform in Holland and it is costfree under all circumstances!!

With LH bookings I have to pay always a € 7,50 payment proccessing fee as one is obliged to use a Credit card or Pay Pal (was cost free in the past).
Please note that the debit cards offered on the LH internet site are not commonly used in The Netherlands.
Why cannot the LH group (LX,OS,SN) in Holland not offer us this customer friendly payment platform?? while a quality Airline like Emirates offers it now already. Apparently Emirates listen carefully to local customer wishes.

As I do not know which department/section at LH should deal with such an issue I forward it to you and hope to get a final answer in due course.

Dear Terbang,

my colleagues told me that they are already working on this and hope that there will be a launch as soon as possible.

Fatime

Terbang Feb 8, 2013 3:05 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 20202494)
Dear Terbang,

my colleagues told me that they are already working on this and hope that there will be a launch as soon as possible.

Fatime

Thank's. Your quick and positive response is appreciated!!

Bernie2012 Feb 8, 2013 5:12 am

Hi,
on that page:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...nodeid=2547865

That file is damaged and can't be opened, I tried it 4 times:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/mediap...1289207104.pdf
BR
Bernie2012

LufthansaGermanAirlines Feb 8, 2013 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Bernie2012 (Post 20208609)
Hi,
on that page:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...nodeid=2547865

That file is damaged and can't be opened, I tried it 4 times:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/mediap...1289207104.pdf
BR
Bernie2012

Hi Bernie2012,
I've checked it in different browsers and the link is working fine. Is your pdf reader up to date? If it's still not working, please contact our Web Support (http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Technical-Support-Search, please choose the country that suits you best, when calling please choose option 2). My colleagues will be able to find out if something with your personal browser settings is wrong.
Vanessa

Bernie2012 Feb 8, 2013 9:01 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 20208782)
Hi Bernie2012,
I've checked it in different browsers and the link is working fine. Is your pdf reader up to date? If it's still not working, please contact our Web Support (http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Technical-Support-Search, please choose the country that suits you best, when calling please choose option 2). My colleagues will be able to find out if something with your personal browser settings is wrong.
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa, sorry, yes, the file was corrupted during the first download and the subsequent tries were from my hard drive, I had to clean all temporary files manually.. Windows 8, even that I have auto clean switched on and he somehow did clean nothing.

I have for the Kummerkasten here another two issues, I rarely book flights online, mostly I use the respective SEN services or travel agents, but if I use the online service, make a reservation, and then log in, he kicks out my reservation and states that I have a different domicile then originally stated, I have to start allover again then with the reservation. Something for the IT to grind about, my permanent residence is in a different country than my company..

The other issue is concerning this 4U buzz, isn't it possible that LH offers their status passengers as additional service a kind of SEN/HON comfort package as additional service which preserves all services at a flat rate (fast track, lounge, status miles for other *A, the limo for HON).

That way you have additional revenue and can serve your customers the service they need and expect to get, even on 4U.

I am not willing to obtain a Ph.D. before each flight in airport services and fare conditions and I think its rather a nightmare to have within the LH grid now this upgraded LCC option.

I totally understand that certain things are currently not commercially viable, but LCC is for me commercially not viable, I believe for many others as well.

It's perhaps tricky to implement, but I am flying legacy carriers because of a certain service profile.... Maybe someone has a bright idea to that problem.

I am already paying each time I order a ticket from the SEN hotline and I am happy about this service. Just a flat package or perhaps an additional booking class, that would be fine. Then, kicking butts of other fellow *A and you have IMO the purpose/fruits of an alliance so much more strengthened...

BR
Bernie2012

CZBB Feb 8, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm trying to get resolution from Lufthansa on my concerns regarding a recent flight. Given they have not responded to my written letter, which they receivedr 4 weeks ago (according to Canada Post), I'm hoping this can be resolved here.

January 9, 2013

Lufthansa German Airlines
Customer Relations Canada
PO Box 939
31 Adelaide Street East
Toronto, ON
M5C 2K3

Attention: Customer Relations

On November 24, 2012, my wife (xxxxxxxxx) and I travelled on two business class tickets YVR-FRA-MUC-NAP. While we arrived in Naples, Italy on November 25, 2012, our luggage did not. Lufthansa was clearly negligent in not delivering the luggage to NAP and furthermore demonstrated gross negligence by mismanaging the situation that followed. Our luggage was never actually lost and Lufthansa knew of its whereabouts but were unable to rectify the situation. For these reasons, I am requesting Lufthansa refund the tickets in the form of two business class travel vouchers plus reimburse $390.79 CDN for the expenses we incurred for clothing and incidentals.

Key Numbers & Dates

Lufthansa Tickets: 014-xxxxxxxxxx, 014-xxxxxxxxxx

Baggage Tags
LH0xxxxx LH0xxxxxx

Lost Luggage Claim Numbers
Lufthansa Agent # NAPLHxxxxx
Naples Airport # xxxxxx

Lufthansa Itinerary
November 24, 2012 LH 493 YVR-FRA
November 24, 2012 LH 110 FRA-MUC
November 25, 2012 LH 1928 MUC-NAP

Cruise Itinerary
November 26, 2012 cruise depart Civitavecchia, Italy
November 27, 2012 cruise stop: Livorno, Italy
November 28, 2012 cruise stop: Toulon, France
November 29, 2012 cruise stop: Barcelona, Spain
November 30, 2012 cruise stop: Cartagena, Spain
December 1, 2012 cruise: at sea
December 2, 2012 cruise stop: Funchal, Portugal
December 3-9, 2012 cruise: at sea
December 10, 2012 cruise: arrive Ft Lauderdale, USA

On November 25, 2012 while on the tarmac boarding the final leg MUC-NAP, we noticed our two suitcases being delivered to the aircraft. They are both distinctive red suitcases with bright yellow strapping. On arrival to NAP, we were surprised when neither suitcase arrived. Along with about 10 other travellers, we opened a case with the local luggage agent in NAP. We were assigned case number NAPLHxxxxx along with case number xxxxxx to be used specifically on the NAP website. We asked that our two suitcases be forwarded to the cruise ship Celebrity Equinox which we were boarding the following day in Civitavecchia, Italy (which is about 50 kilometres north of FCO). The NAP luggage agent agreed that forwarding the luggage to FCO would likely give the suitcases the best chance of joining us onboard the ship the following day.

Upon boarding the ship on November 26, 2012, we notified the ship’s concierge that our luggage had not arrived at the airport. At this point, the concierge joined the task of trying to locate and retrieve our luggage. The concierge contacted Celebrity’s head office who in turn provided Lufthansa with our detailed sailing itinerary so that our luggage could re-join our sailing. From this point on the concierge and Celebrity in general were our greatest advocates. I have included copies of the concierge’s notes which show his diligence and fruitlessness at helping us retrieve our luggage.

On November 27, 2012 the Celebrity concierge was informed by Lufthansa that our luggage was to be forwarded to Toulon, or more likely Barcelona. The concierge informed us that our luggage would most likely re-join the ship in Barcelona on November 29, 2012 as BCN’s large airport would be an easy point for all airlines to forward luggage to.

On November 28, 2012 the Celebrity concierge was informed that our luggage was still at FCO but they were concerned they might not have enough time to reach BCN and Cartagena was being considered as an alternative. Later in the day, the concierge was informed the luggage would be forwarded to BCN on the first available flight.

On November 29, 2012, the luggage did not make it to Barcelona despite FCO clearly marking the bags “FORWARD TO BCN” on November 28, 2012 (see photo #1). When we contacted the Lufthansa agent at NAP, they were unable to provide any usable information other than “we forwarded it to FCO”. They were also unable to provide any contact information except a fax number (even though I did not have access to a fax machine) for the FCO office. We asked the NAP office to fax the FCO office to get them to forward the luggage but this was clearly not successful.

On November 30, 2012 while ashore in Cartegena, Spain, I managed to obtain a telephone number for Lufthansa in Frankfurt (+49 69 696 77080) from a friend of a friend who works for Lufthansa. On my first call to this number they informed me the case had been closed. I asked them to immediately reopen the case and forward the luggage to FNC while explaining that we were approaching our last stop before beginning our transatlantic crossing.

Later that same day back onboard the ship, we finally managed to contact FCO's luggage handlers and they requested that we “please call back after 18:30”. We called shortly after 18:30 and received no answer. We, as well as the concierge, made dozens of attempts to call over the next 24 hours and at no time did anyone answer the phone. We even contacted Lufthansa’s ticket counter in FCO and asked them to pass along a message to call either the ship or my cellular phone. This message appears to have never made it to the luggage agents or was ignored.

On December 1, 2012 while at sea we were informed via Celebrity headquarters that our luggage was scheduled to reach FNC on December 2, 2012 and would be delivered directly to the ship. We were quite excited that after a week without luggage, we would finally be reunited with our belongings. At least one of the suitcases was tagged 01Dec for TP1693/TP843 (see photo #2) but was not placed on these flights.

On December 2, 2012 while in Funchal, Portugal, we rented a car and drove to FNC to enquire about the two suitcases with the agent for TAP. Unfortunately, the FCO office had lied and while they did tag the luggage, they failed to actually place the luggage on the flights and it never left FCO.

On the evening of December 2, 2012, we departed Funchal and began our transatlantic sailing towards Fort Lauderdale, FL. At this point there was no chance of being reunited with our luggage for the entirety of our vacation.

On December 7, 2012, Lufthansa contacted Celebrity to inform us that one suitcase had reached MIA and to inquire as to what we wanted done with it. We instructed Lufthansa to have it sent back to YVR as there was no need for us to collect it in Florida as our vacation would be over and we were not flying out of MIA.

On December 11, 2012, one suitcase was delivered by Lufthansa's YVR agent to our home. None of the original tags had been removed (see the four photos) and these tags clearly show the lack of action on Lufthansa's part. The fact that with the original luggage tag was still in place demonstrates that the suitcase was never “missing” but simply ignored. The suitcase had never been opened and was still sealed with the small cable tie I had placed on it 17 days earlier. It also still had attached an aluminum luggage tag with our surnames clearly showing and inside the luggage tag the phone number of my wife's cellular phone which was never called (see attached photos).

On December 12, 2012, I began the process of contacting Lufthansa North America to retrieve the still-missing second suitcase. The Lufthansa agent informed me they often had this sort of issue with their Italian stations and encouraged me to write to Lufthansa head office to complain.

On December 13, 2012, I called Lufthansa North America again and was told the luggage trace had been closed. I asked why this would happen given one suitcase was still outstanding. They had no explanation and reopened the case. They asked us to fill out a contents report which we did and submitted via fax on December 14, 2012.

On December 14, 2012 I called Lufthansa again and was told they had received the contents report and would perform a search across all of their stations. Due to my frustration I was rather abrupt with the agent and pointed out that this was unlikely to be needed as I could virtually guarantee it was still sitting at FCO. The agent admitted that they have had many issues with their Italian stations -- this was the second time I heard this from Lufthansa.

On December 17, 2012 I called Lufthansa and was informed that the suitcase had been located in FCO (as predicted) and would be forwarded FCO-FRA-YVR for delivery on December 18, 2012.

December 19, 2012 shortly after midnight, the second suitcase arrived. Like the first suitcase, this arrived with the small cable tie intact indicating the bag had never been opened. Again, the suitcase still had attached an aluminum luggage tag containing our surnames and a contact telephone number inside, which was never called.

I have enclosed receipts for purchases made for clothing and incidentals. As you can see, we did not “go wild” at Lufthansa's expense as we incorrectly believed that a major airline such as Lufthansa would be able to promptly resolve the situation.

While a misdelivered piece of luggage is an unfortunate yet understandable occurrence, Lufthansa and their agents' repeated inaction and avoidance in rectifying the situation is inexcusable, especially on a business class ticket where there is an expectation of priority service.

The following questions need to be addressed by Lufthansa:
  • Why were tagged business class suitcases selected to be offloaded if the aircraft was overweight?
  • Why would the Lufthansa agent at NAP be unable to provide any voice telephone number for the agents at FCO or a telephone number of Lufthansa’s headquarters?
  • Why would Lufthansa's agent at FCO not forward the luggage to BCN per instructions from head office (and the luggage being tagged “forward to BCN” by the FCO agents)?
  • Why would Lufthansa's agent at FCO not forward the luggage to FNC, despite labelling the luggage with the flight numbers and informing Celebrity they had done so?
  • Why would Lufthansa's agent at FCO not answer the telephone despite dozens of calls?
  • Why would Lufthansa's ticket agents at FCO not pass along messages to Lufthansa's luggage handlers to contact us?
  • Why would Lufthansa not call the number in luggage tags on the suitcases?
  • Why would Lufthansa (or their agents) close the missing luggage report twice when the luggage hadn't been delivered?
  • Why would Lufthansa continue to use luggage handling agents in Italy when they knew there have been ongoing issues with them.
In closing, I would like to re-state my request that Lufthansa address my questions and refund my wife and me in the form of two international business class travel vouchers plus reimburse $390.79 CDN for the expenses we incurred for clothing and incidentals.

Thank you for your swift attention to this request.

CZBB
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx, BC CANADA

cc: Celebrity Cruise Lines – Luggage Resolution Department

referenced photos are available here: http://www.snafu.ca/lufthansa

LufthansaGermanAirlines Feb 11, 2013 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Bernie2012 (Post 20209666)
Hi Vanessa, sorry, yes, the file was corrupted during the first download and the subsequent tries were from my hard drive, I had to clean all temporary files manually.. Windows 8, even that I have auto clean switched on and he somehow did clean nothing.

I have for the Kummerkasten here another two issues, I rarely book flights online, mostly I use the respective SEN services or travel agents, but if I use the online service, make a reservation, and then log in, he kicks out my reservation and states that I have a different domicile then originally stated, I have to start allover again then with the reservation. Something for the IT to grind about, my permanent residence is in a different country than my company..

The other issue is concerning this 4U buzz, isn't it possible that LH offers their status passengers as additional service a kind of SEN/HON comfort package as additional service which preserves all services at a flat rate (fast track, lounge, status miles for other *A, the limo for HON).

That way you have additional revenue and can serve your customers the service they need and expect to get, even on 4U.

I am not willing to obtain a Ph.D. before each flight in airport services and fare conditions and I think its rather a nightmare to have within the LH grid now this upgraded LCC option.

I totally understand that certain things are currently not commercially viable, but LCC is for me commercially not viable, I believe for many others as well.

It's perhaps tricky to implement, but I am flying legacy carriers because of a certain service profile.... Maybe someone has a bright idea to that problem.

I am already paying each time I order a ticket from the SEN hotline and I am happy about this service. Just a flat package or perhaps an additional booking class, that would be fine. Then, kicking butts of other fellow *A and you have IMO the purpose/fruits of an alliance so much more strengthened...

BR
Bernie2012

Dear Bernie2012,

good to hear, that you are now able to call up the PDF file.

I will forward your suggestion regarding the booking process to my colleagues from lh.com.

The new Germanwings is offering three Economy fares including a comfort fare, which is called "Best". This fare includes many of the benefits you mentioned (http://f.lh.com/VgsU). I will however forward your suggestion regarding a flat rate for those services in all three fares to my colleagues.

Thank you
Stefanie

LufthansaGermanAirlines Feb 11, 2013 5:01 am

Originally Posted by CZBB (Post 20213642)
I'm trying to get resolution from Lufthansa on my concerns regarding a recent flight. Given they have not responded to my written letter, which they receivedr 4 weeks ago (according to Canada Post), I'm hoping this can be resolved here.
(...)

Dear Czbb,

I truly understand your frustration about what happened. I would really like to contact my colleagues from Customer Relations for you - could you kindly send us your Feedback ID (if you have received one), your names and contact information via DM?

Thanks in advance
Stefanie