FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

FlyinDutchman Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm

The past months I've heard nothing anymore on my question regarding the codeshare flights showing the right booking class. Any news on this?

fabrice.marino Jan 11, 2013 6:28 pm

e voucher upgrade.

Hello LH lurkers,

quick question for you. witch fare are usable for an upgrade to First from Business class using evouchers on LH. seems quite confusing to me.
Thank you

FlyinDutchman Jan 12, 2013 3:24 am

Originally Posted by fabrice.marino (Post 20028823)
Hello LH lurkers,

quick question for you. witch fare are usable for an upgrade to First from Business class using evouchers on LH. seems quite confusing to me.
Thank you

Booking classes which are non upgradeable on LH: E, K, L, P, T, Z. Thus DCJ should be fine.

see here

berlinflyer83 Jan 12, 2013 7:29 am

Originally Posted by LeenaTheHound (Post 20024748)
Similar problem... I have a HKG-MUC LH boarding pass showing the A3 FFP and the miles still got booked to MM. About 10 emails and even though it is clearly not my error LH claim fixing this is not possible. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but it's difficult to imagine many businesses that are happy to take 20 grand a year off you and then not find a way to fix something that is clearly an error on their side. I've done the only thing you can do in the end - cut up my LH credit card, and booking other airlines wherever possible. It's a shame, years of flying with them and mostly excellent service.

I would have been A3*G weeks ago, and as it stands I'll make A3*G in another week or two with little domestic flights posting, but it's pretty annoying for me to be without lounges or the little perks like not waiting in lines for the last couple of months, considering I travel every single week. I find it hard to believe that Lufthansa is *incapable* of fixing the problem, it's that they won't.

This ticket that posted incorrectly was paid international business class, and this is the level of service I receive from Lufthansa.... I wrote a paper letter, and I'll wait for a response to see what I do. But, it's easy for me to go straight back to OW, I still have status for another year. I'll have no problem saying tschüssi to the world of Lufthansa incompetence.

airberlin, IMHO, has a lot better customer service (not so much a stick in the mud). I'm really crossing fingers for them that things turnaround with Mehdorn gone.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 15, 2013 2:56 am

Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman (Post 20026363)
The past months I've heard nothing anymore on my question regarding the codeshare flights showing the right booking class. Any news on this?

Dear Flyin Dutchman,
we've forwarded your post directly to our colleagues, back then. After harmonizing the booking classes with our fully integrated partners SWISS and Austrian Airlines in 2012, Lufthansa still aims to harmonize booking classes with its Star Alliance Partners in the future.

Best regards
Stefanie

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 15, 2013 3:14 am

Originally Posted by berlinflyer83 (Post 20023756)
Dear LH Lurkers,

In December, I flew in C on an itinerary purchased through US Airways (originating in Germany, only two LH segments).

I originally intended to obtain FTL from LH, but decided a week or two before my flights that I'd rather credit them to a different *A partner (A3). I made the change through US, with whom my booking was.

On the day of travel, I noticed that Lufthansa's systems changed it all back to my M&M account. I never asked you to do this. I contacted US Airways while I was underway, and they corrected the US flights. I've reached out to your Twitter team and the normal customer service avenues and your staff has refused to fix their own mistake:

This is really quite unacceptable, I was not asking you to transfer miles, but rather, to correct a mistake that Lufthansa made, not me.

I'd appreciate it if you could help me fix this problem...

Dear berlinflyer,
I'm sorry to hear that. As my colleagues from Miles and More already advised you, it is indeed not possible to transfer your miles. Please understand, that in this case our hands are tied. We can only suggest you to contact Miles & More again requesting a goodwill.

Best
Stefanie

berlinflyer83 Jan 15, 2013 6:02 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 20049455)
Dear berlinflyer,
I'm sorry to hear that. As my colleagues from Miles and More already advised you, it is indeed not possible to transfer your miles. Please understand, that in this case our hands are tied. We can only suggest you to contact Miles & More again requesting a goodwill.

Best
Stefanie

Hi Stefanie,

As I've mentioned repeatedly to Lufthansa, I am not looking for you to do any kind of transfer. That makes it sound like some kind of special favor. LH's systems reverted my plane ticket to credit to miles and more, an action I did not request. I'm asking you to fix that. If it means that you credit 2K miles to A3 and leave the 2K miles in my M&M account, whatever, but Lufthansa needs to fix this.

You can see on this forum that I'm not alone in having this problem. Lufthansa's response in this case is absolutely unreasonable, and perhaps something that can be corrected in the German court system, as it really seems systemic.

berlinflyer83 Jan 15, 2013 6:51 am

Dear LH Lurkers,

I feel like there's some lack of know-how when it comes to customer service, so I just wanted to take a minute and help you guys out. Here's a short list of excellent customer service techniques that would have made me a happy LH customer based on my complaint above. Some, of course, are more ridiculous than others:

- Credit 2,000 status miles to A3, which are the last miles I need to make A3*G

- Give me a voucher so that I can buy a ticket to earn 2,000 miles

- Give me a round-trip TXL to ZRH biz ticket in an A3 mile-earning fare code (2K miles)

- Compensate and give me SEN status on M&M

- Call the people who developed your computer systems and have them fix the problem which makes this issue unsolvable

Here's the current way the situation was handled (which is bad customer service):

- Pretend you've made no mistake

I hope this list helps you see that there's a lot of options here beyond "transferring miles." Perhaps this might be useful in dealing with future customers.

Thanks,

berlinflyer83

tpm80337 Jan 16, 2013 12:47 am

Messed-up award booking

Dear LH Lurkers,

given the fact that I am getting more and more frustrated about a perceived lack of processes working with M&M and accordingly a wildly varying customer service experience I would like to draw your attention to this thread.
I would be happy to receive a statement on your behalf.
Thanks!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 16, 2013 5:40 am

Originally Posted by berlinflyer83 (Post 20049992)
Hi Stefanie,

As I've mentioned repeatedly to Lufthansa, I am not looking for you to do any kind of transfer. That makes it sound like some kind of special favor. LH's systems reverted my plane ticket to credit to miles and more, an action I did not request. I'm asking you to fix that. If it means that you credit 2K miles to A3 and leave the 2K miles in my M&M account, whatever, but Lufthansa needs to fix this.

You can see on this forum that I'm not alone in having this problem. Lufthansa's response in this case is absolutely unreasonable, and perhaps something that can be corrected in the German court system, as it really seems systemic.

Hi berlinflyer83, please send me all details via PM, I will forward them to Miles & More to see if there's anything that can be done. Vanessa

chester Jan 16, 2013 5:50 am

Dear Lurkers,
out of advanced frustration with LH service desks, I would like you guys' help in order to kick-off somebody within LH service who feels responsible to feed-back to my customer's requests. I sent an inquiry with response request from MSY airport to LH feed back and received a receipt confirmation under FB-ID 21773954.
Several attempts to further contact LH on 20.12.12, 3.1 and 9.1.2013 for email response failed miserably.
Maybe you can trace why LH treats FTL's so badly.
Here is what I wrote at gate area MSY 26 Nov 12 to LH. (Sorry text in German language):
Request: z.Zt. Gate-Bereich Flughafen MSY

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
ich bitte Sie mir als FTL-Kunden (Star Alliance Silver) eine schlüssige Antwort zukommen zu lassen, warum sich für mich der LH-Vielfliegerstatus noch lohnen soll. Ich bin aus Gründen der Unzufriedenheit dieses Jahr bereits mit diversen Fremd-Airlines (nicht Star Alliance) geflogen und werde nächstes Jahr im Wesentlichen meine Treue aufgeben und mit anderen Airlines weltweit fliegen. Sie fragen warum? LH erwidert mein bisheriges Treueverhalten nicht, also sehe ich in meinem einseitigen Treueverhalten keinen Sinn mehr. Hier sind meine Hauptgründe, die Sie hoffentlich bitte kommentieren werden:

1. 1.1. Lounge access bei LH und allen Star Alliance Partnern.

Obwohl ich mit meiner FTL Karte Zugang zu allen LH Business lounges habe, wird mir der Zugang bei den LH-Code Share Partnern, z.B. United IAD, IAH, ORD stets verweigert. Mein Flugverhalten führt mich ca 2-6x jährlich nach USA. Dort erkennt man keinen LH-FTL-, Star Alliance SILVER Status an. Auch darf ich beim Boarden keine Priority line benutzen. Meine letzten originären LH-Flüge wurden alle in den USA für das nach-/vorgeschaltete Flugsegment dort mit United durchgeführt.

1.2. Meinen FTL Status habe ich bisher stets erfliegen können durch die Anrechnung doppelter Meilen (FTL Bonus). Meine Flüge führe ich allerdings seit 2 Jahren immer gemeinsam mit meiner Ehefrau durch, die wegen der Einfachanrechnung der erflogenen Meilen den FTL-Status stets knapp verfehlt. Auf allen Flughäfen, weltweit kann ich meine Ehefrau nicht umsonst mit in die Lounge nehmen. Für eine Umsteigezeit von 1-2 Std und weniger bin ich natürlich nicht bereit den erhöhten Lounge-Zugangspreis für meine Ehefrau zu bezahlen. Also bleiben wir beide zusammen ausserhalb der Lounge und warten mit dem Nicht-Status Kunden im Gate-Bereich. Ergo ist der FTL-Status uninteressant. Ich denke diese Gründe treffen auf tausende ander Statuskunden genauso zu.

2. Baggage Policy
Meine FTL-Karte berechtigt mich 2 Gepäckstücke aufzugeben. Dies funktioniert aber überhaupt nicht bei Codeshare Partnern wie hier und heute in New Orleans MSY bei United. Obwohl ich ein LH Ticket innehabe und der United Flug zur LH-Maschine nach IAD ein vorgeschalteter Codeshare Flug, auch unter LH-Nummer ist, wurde mir für den Rückflug nach Deutschland (genauso wir letztes Jahr von MSY und SJU) das 2te Gepäckstück (das ich umsonst beim Hinflug mit LH ab FRA aufgeben konnte) kostenpflichtig berechnet. Diese Praxis ist sträflich und meine drei letzten LH Flüge in USA mit United waren für mich ärgerlich mit Beförderungsgebühren bei United verbunden.

Sie sehen wie bei LH-Partnern der FTL Status mit Füßen getreten wird und keinerlei Vorteile hat. Soweit zum Codesharing das mit United ja seit Star Alliance Gründung nicht richtig funktioniert.

Somit werde ich und viele tausend andere FTL , die Treue künftig wohl beenden weil diese eine Zweibahnstrasse sein sollte. Schade das LH bzgl des Lounge-Zuganges für mitfliegende Ehepartner und der Gepäckregelung bei Codeshare Partnern eine verfehlte Kundenpolitik betreibt, die sich durchaus nicht rechnen wird.
MfG
xyz

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 17, 2013 6:54 am

Originally Posted by tpm80337 (Post 20056835)
Dear LH Lurkers,

given the fact that I am getting more and more frustrated about a perceived lack of processes working with M&M and accordingly a wildly varying customer service experience I would like to draw your attention to this thread.
I would be happy to receive a statement on your behalf.
Thanks!

Hi tpm80337, please send me your details (M&M card number, ticket number etc.) via DM, I will forward this to Miles & More so they can have a look into the issue. Vanessa

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 17, 2013 6:56 am

Originally Posted by chester (Post 20057661)
Dear Lurkers,
out of advanced frustration with LH service desks, I would like you guys' help in order to kick-off somebody within LH service who feels responsible to feed-back to my customer's requests. I sent an inquiry with response request from MSY airport to LH feed back and received a receipt confirmation under FB-ID 21773954.
Several attempts to further contact LH on 20.12.12, 3.1 and 9.1.2013 for email response failed miserably.
Maybe you can trace why LH treats FTL's so badly. (...)

Hi chester, I sent a message to Customer Relations letting you know you are waiting for a reply. They will get back to you as soon as possible. Vanessa

chester Jan 17, 2013 9:26 am

Thanx Vanessa!

Guy Betsy Jan 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Dear Lurkers

What a difference in Customer Service between the Canadian service team and the Singapore/Australian service teams. The Canadian service team is helpful, full of laughter and joy to speak to and goes out of the way to help me - a SEN member. Whereas the Singapore service team, all they can say is "No. Not our problem. You have to deal with US", "Its not the way we do it here", "Cannot help you", "We are different"...

This really reminds me why I don't like flying on LH out of SIN and to have to deal with the idiots at the M&M desk.. and each time I call, they say that I have called the general reservations line.

I made a reservation with M&M in Canada last night for a booking for tomorrow, ie 19 Jan 2013. The miles have been taken from my account but the ticket has not been issued. I understand that there is 24 hour cancellation option. I call the Singapore line and they said that I cannot cancel or else I will be charged a fee. But I told them that the ticket has not been issued.. and that is when I hear the "we don't have this policy in Singapore".

I will attempt to call the German line in Verl.. but can someone please tell me .. why the announcement is entirely in German with no option to switch to English? I understand "ein bissen" so I press 1 for Reservations I think, and am switched to something else.. and then I hear, "Press 2 for English".. which I do, but then it still continues on in German ! Then of course I am put on hold on end.. with no option to switch to English !

I am losing my SEN status this year.