FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

ex-koelner Jul 29, 2022 1:00 am

Dear Lufthansa team,
given the ongoing difficult situation at various airports with long waiting lines, delays, cancellations, baggage issues and more, I'm wondering whether LH group airlines would change an itinerary in order to simplify it, i.e. having short feeder flights into the hubs, such as from HAM, AMS, BRU, DUS, BSL etc. into FRA removed from the ticket without recalculating the fare. In my case, I'm booked AMS-FRA-GRU in September but would be willing to take a train to FRA instead of flying from AMS, just to erase points of travel where things could go wrong. I wouldn't even expect the train ticket to be paid, I just want to have the first segment removed, which should be a mutual interest :)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 29, 2022 6:16 am

Originally Posted by ex-koelner (Post 34467942)
Dear Lufthansa team,
given the ongoing difficult situation at various airports with long waiting lines, delays, cancellations, baggage issues and more, I'm wondering whether LH group airlines would change an itinerary in order to simplify it, i.e. having short feeder flights into the hubs, such as from HAM, AMS, BRU, DUS, BSL etc. into FRA removed from the ticket without recalculating the fare. In my case, I'm booked AMS-FRA-GRU in September but would be willing to take a train to FRA instead of flying from AMS, just to erase points of travel where things could go wrong. I wouldn't even expect the train ticket to be paid, I just want to have the first segment removed, which should be a mutual interest :)

Hi there,

the ticket needs to be recalculated manually via the Service Center to have the first segment removed. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with this rescheduling via the Flyertalk.

Kind regards,

Markus

Menko Jul 29, 2022 7:17 pm

Stl>fra>bkk>fra>stl

I would love to be able to find/book the titled itinerary above, but I was not able to do it.
The STL>FRA flight is new, but I don't know if there is now a way to fly N/S onward from FRA>BKK.
In the past,I always traveled STL>ORD>NRT and back - using UA/NH.
Menko

Travelozo Jul 30, 2022 4:03 am

LufthansaGermanAirlines : sent PM, etix needs urgent reissue - after INVOL - segments by other airlines added, where SSRS PETC involded. Risk of segments falling off in few hours.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 1, 2022 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Menko (Post 34470319)
I would love to be able to find/book the titled itinerary above, but I was not able to do it.
The STL>FRA flight is new, but I don't know if there is now a way to fly N/S onward from FRA>BKK.
In the past,I always traveled STL>ORD>NRT and back - using UA/NH.
Menko

Hi Menko,

please get in touch with my colleagues from Miles&More directly, as we are unable to check the availability. My colleagues will be able to cross-check this for you.

Kind regards
Jasmin

behuman Aug 1, 2022 9:51 am

Originally Posted by ex-koelner (Post 34467942)
I'm wondering whether LH group airlines would change an itinerary in order to simplify it, i.e. having short feeder flights into the hubs, such as from HAM, AMS, BRU, DUS, BSL etc. into FRA removed from the ticket without recalculating the fare.

Discounted fares from non German airports like AMS, MXP (you name them) for obvious reasons can not be applied when starting the journey directly in FRA. Would be against business logic for LH.

Do I understand correctly that being based in BER you suggest the "simplification" to avoid the positioning flight to AMS :D.

Especially as FTalkers I think we should remain realistic to why airlines offer promotion fares from outstations. Myself I use ex MXP fares often, because I am 40 minutes drive from there.

Nyurka Aug 1, 2022 7:56 pm

My luggage has been lost in AMS for 21 days. I have not had any updates or response from [email protected]. While I submitted a detailed contents list with claim amounts through Lufthansa delayed luggage page, after two weeks it is still not visible in Worldtracer, to the baggage handling team in the US, or to the baggage handling team in AMS or FRA (as I guess it hasn't been reviewed or processed), though a confirmation e-mail from LH and a PDF was sent to me immediately after submission. Without the contents/description list, luggage search cannot really be done effectively, and I don't think it has been done because no one can see that submission. I have forwarded it directly to AMS baggage handling so they can identify the luggage but did not receive any response.

Who can I contact to make sure the contents list becomes visible and usable within the tracking system? Now that it has been 21 days, what is the process of claim and payment for lost luggage. I am not having any luck with getting any responses by e-mail, and have difficulty connecting with the FRA central luggage operations by phone due to a time difference. The US baggage tracking is not able to help me as they say the ownership of the case has been transferred to FRA. I understand the difficulties with the situation in Europe, but it currently feels like all inquiries and submissions on this go to a black hole, with no action or responses. Is there a current timeline on baggage issues resolution?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 2, 2022 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Nyurka (Post 34478456)
My luggage has been lost in AMS for 21 days. I have not had any updates or response from [email protected]. While I submitted a detailed contents list with claim amounts through Lufthansa delayed luggage page, after two weeks it is still not visible in Worldtracer, to the baggage handling team in the US, or to the baggage handling team in AMS or FRA (as I guess it hasn't been reviewed or processed), though a confirmation e-mail from LH and a PDF was sent to me immediately after submission. Without the contents/description list, luggage search cannot really be done effectively, and I don't think it has been done because no one can see that submission. I have forwarded it directly to AMS baggage handling so they can identify the luggage but did not receive any response.

Who can I contact to make sure the contents list becomes visible and usable within the tracking system? Now that it has been 21 days, what is the process of claim and payment for lost luggage. I am not having any luck with getting any responses by e-mail, and have difficulty connecting with the FRA central luggage operations by phone due to a time difference. The US baggage tracking is not able to help me as they say the ownership of the case has been transferred to FRA. I understand the difficulties with the situation in Europe, but it currently feels like all inquiries and submissions on this go to a black hole, with no action or responses. Is there a current timeline on baggage issues resolution?

Hello Nyurka,

I am sorry to read that you were also affected by the current baggage irregularities. I understand your frustration at this point, not having any updates so far. Due to the extremely high volume of requests our Customer Relations department is receiving, the response time may be longer than expected. Since you have received a Feedback ID that means that your case is successfully registered and will be processed, as soon as possible. I am sorry that I cannot provide you with a time frame, nor can I assist you with this matter, since we don’t have access to the baggage tracing system. Nevertheless, we compensate 100% for toiletries and partial for other necessary replacement purchases within our legal liability: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/baggage-irregularities (Liability for your baggage). Please keep all original receipts of interim purchases and send them to Customer Relations within 21 days of baggage hand-out. I trust that my colleagues from all responsible departments are giving their best to reunite you with your luggage. I hope that you will be contacted for the delivery details soon.

Kind regards,
Anna

imackie Aug 2, 2022 10:25 pm

What is the typical timeframe for a EU261 refund request? I submitted a request on June 21 with no response yet.

Thanks

calasia Aug 4, 2022 3:05 am

In about a week's time we will be flying the return leg of our booking made pre-Covid . The original routing was PVG-FRA-BHX return. We did the outbound in 2019 but due to Covid restrictions still remain in China, we have accepted to reroute the return leg to BHX-FRA-SIN.

Changes are made via LH call centre. All flights are with LH. Everything seems OK, we can find the booking under LH website and the new e-ticket numbers. Strangely, we haven't been able to reserve seats. However, the main thing that worries us is the error message shown on the top of the page that reads:

"The duration of the rental cannot exceed 400 days. Please shorten the duration by modifying your dates or contact us for further information. (20001)"

Should I be concerned?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 4, 2022 5:47 am

Originally Posted by imackie (Post 34481741)
What is the typical timeframe for a EU261 refund request? I submitted a request on June 21 with no response yet.

Thanks

Hello imackie,

I am sorry to hear you are still waiting for a response to your request. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a time frame as each matter is handled individually, and we have no influence on the handling. Furthermore, is the response time currently delayed due to the high amount of requests received by our colleagues. Therefore, I can only ask you for a bit more patience.

Kind regards
Jasmin

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 4, 2022 5:48 am

Originally Posted by calasia (Post 34484890)
In about a week's time we will be flying the return leg of our booking made pre-Covid . The original routing was PVG-FRA-BHX return. We did the outbound in 2019 but due to Covid restrictions still remain in China, we have accepted to reroute the return leg to BHX-FRA-SIN.

Changes are made via LH call centre. All flights are with LH. Everything seems OK, we can find the booking under LH website and the new e-ticket numbers. Strangely, we haven't been able to reserve seats. However, the main thing that worries us is the error message shown on the top of the page that reads:

"The duration of the rental cannot exceed 400 days. Please shorten the duration by modifying your dates or contact us for further information. (20001)"

Should I be concerned?

Hello calasia,

please private message us your booking code and passenger names, so we can cross-check your booking with our colleagues in the Service Center. We will then try to see if we will be able to assist.

Kind regards
Jasmin

Willybank Aug 4, 2022 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 34456047)
Hello Willybank,

I am sorry to read about your bag still missing, and that the communication attempt with the local office hasn’t been successful so far. Unfortunately, I am not able to assist you with the delivery, since we don’t have access to the baggage system. The number we have as contact for the baggage office in France is +33 892 231 683. I hope that a delivery will be arranged for you soon!

Best regards,
Anna

Do you have an alternate number? That one says the number is not in service when I call.

My bag moved to a different location in CDG (terminal 2C baggage desk) 6 days ago. 3 days after later LH closed my PIR. Your baggage services call centre has no idea why and opened a new PIR. They also told me there is nothing they can do. Seems like Lufthansa has given up and and left me to track down my bag on my own.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 5, 2022 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Willybank (Post 34486334)
Do you have an alternate number? That one says the number is not in service when I call.

My bag moved to a different location in CDG (terminal 2C baggage desk) 6 days ago. 3 days after later LH closed my PIR. Your baggage services call centre has no idea why and opened a new PIR. They also told me there is nothing they can do. Seems like Lufthansa has given up and and left me to track down my bag on my own.

Hello again, Willybank,

I'm really sorry to hear that our suggestion to call France's baggage Service Center proved without success yet again, just as I agree that the delivery of your baggage has been dragging on for far too long. However, we, unfortunately, cannot provide an alternative contact. The current situation is frustrating for us, as well, as we have no other possibility to step in for assistance - the responsibility lies with the local staff and Central Baggage Tracing.

Best regards,
Katharina

battlow Aug 7, 2022 10:34 am

Lufthansa UK contact for possible booking amendment on PER-SIN

Hello there.
I have a flight for a trip booked through Luftahansa travelling FRA-SIN-PER-SIN-FRA. When booking, I chose the SCOOT flight from PER-SIN as it gave me more time to transfer in SIN. I recently received an email from SCOOT letting me know the flight schedule has changed and now it only leaves 45 minutes to transfer from SCOOT to Lufthansa. That feels like too short a time to be certain. I’m not sure and I am happy to be assured that it is enough time.

Anyway, with my concern I called the UK phone number to ask about the possibility to change the PER-SIN flight. I spent forty minutes on the call feeling that the customer services assistant was not best trained to be able to help. At the end of the call it felt that we had communicated enough to have changed the PER-SIN flight. I asked for a confirmation email for the change and was told that if it hadn’t arrived within fifteen minutes then to call back. The email hasn’t arrived two days later and the flight hasn’t been changed. I’m not even sure that I am able to change the flight free of charge as, technically, there is no overlap between flights. I only have non-refundable economy. My Lufthansa booking doesn’t show the change to the SCOOT schedule change but the SCOOT booking reference does.

Is there an alternative to calling the same Lufthansa number so I don’t to avoid going through the same thing again?

Thank you for any advice or help anyone can give me.
Regards