Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Flights LH3718 and LH3720 - where are you? [Flights FRA to QFP Fictious point]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights LH3718 and LH3720 - where are you? [Flights FRA to QFP Fictious point]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Question Flights LH3718 and LH3720 - where are you? [Flights FRA to QFP Fictious point]

I took this shot in the LH lounge in Frankfurt in July.

Fictitious Point?

When I checked a few minutes later, those flights were gone...
Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by len222

Fictitious Point?

it actually appears to be "fictitous" instead of fictitious
Interesting sight at any rate, some sort of test of the information system maybe?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: plenty
LH3714 to Seeheim

..and there is one more fictitious flight on the list.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Somebody tweeted about this recently... https://twitter.com/JasonGeske/statu...14072698818560 Luck also mentioned it.

Fictious point is the city name of QFP that LH uses to test systems, other airlines use HDQ or FSG.

Methinks they are testing the A+ gates and create dummy flights to issue BPs do gate assignments and will start the boarding tests soon, so you will see more and more of this show up till Oct 10 when A+ goes live.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 2:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
LH3714 to Seeheim and LH3718 to Fictitous Point appear to be departing from the two levels of the same gate (A54 and Z54). I hope they'll sort this kind of error before 10 October.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:47 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Interesting - let's see if they also have loaded fares for "flights" to QFP. Maybe the system lets you check in for your Seeheim-QFP on a fully virtual itinerary for which miles will be credited. I would do a V-MR then...
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

If log in to Amadeus training you can see/use QFP to issue tickets, I think they use that environment to checkin/board too.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:47 am

LH is indeed testing the A+ concourse with the 3700 flight numbers:

Code:
Der Countdown für den Flugsteig
A-Plus läuft. Damit die Eröffnung
am 10. Oktober gelingt,
haben Lufthansa- und Fraport-
Mitarbeiter am 14. August den
Betrieb am Flugsteig geprobt.
Während um 8 Uhr rund 100 interne
Komparsen in den Ablauf
eingewiesen wurden, gab es
zur gleichen Zeit Briefings für
prozessbegleitendes Personal,
Koordinatoren, Beobachter,
Bus- und Brückenfahrer. Ausgerüstet
mit Klemmbrett, Stift
und Fragebögen machten sich
die Testpassagiere auf den Weg
zur Probebetriebsfläche. Dort
wartete Lufthansa-Flug LH
3700, der einen Outbound Non-
Schengen-Flug darstellte, bereits
bei Gate Z54 auf seine Gäste.
Der Beförderungsklasse entsprechend
prüften die ,Passagiere‘
die Wege vom Gate über
Fluggastbrücke und Flugzeugtreppe
bis in den auf der A380-
Stellfläche wartenden Bus.
„Die Busse mimen unsere Flugzeuge“,
so Ulrike Flake-Bauer,
Leiterin operationelle Inbetriebnahmen,
Terminalinfrastruktur
& Services, FRA JI/OI. Wenig
später testeten die Statisten das
Brückenbauwerk in Gegenrichtung
auf seine Wegeführung.
Beobachter schauten aufmerksam,
ob die Testpassagiere in die
richtige Ebene wechselten und
die Technik für Türen und Aufzüge
funktionierte. „Der Probebetrieb
gab neue Aufschlüsse und
verlief sehr erfolgreich“, resümierte
Michael Spors, Leiter
Projekt Infrastrukturentwicklung
Frankfurt, FRA JI.
Noch 54 Tage
Noch diese Woche erfolgt die
behördliche Abnahme, die den
Flugsteig auch für Testläufe mit
‚echten‘ Passagieren freigibt.
In Phase 2 wird der A-Plus-
Betrieb ab dem 11. September
mit externen Komparsen geprobt,
bevor in einer dritten
Phase am 27. September der
Gesamtverbund getestet wird.
Vom 17. August an sind es noch
54 Tage, bis der Flugsteig
A-Plus mit einer Kapazität von
bis zu sechs Millionen Passagieren
jährlich eröffnet wird.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: LH,EK
Originally Posted by len222

Fictitious Point?

I know I am awaking a very old thread, but I just got a booking for myself from FRA to QFP and tried to find out what that means point means. This was the first Google hit.

Coincidentally, I can add a bit more insight: Lufthansa Private Jet uses it for its bookings.

In a few weeks I will fly from SFO to FRA and then further. If I check on lufthansa.com I see two legs: SFO->FRA and FRA->QFP. Also the time for the second leg is completely wrong (it departs before the arrival of the first flight). It also has a LH9xxx flight number. I am not sure if this is a limitation inside the LH booking system, or done on purpose to not disclose information about this flight all throughout their system.

BTW: The seat reservation chart is also completely off: it shows 15 rows of economy with 10 seats per row – all available. Looks really funny.

You do receive a different booking confirmation for that flight which shows the correct times, airports, special services, etc.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mfritze
Coincidentally, I can add a bit more insight: Lufthansa Private Jet uses it for its bookings.

In a few weeks I will fly from SFO to FRA and then further. If I check on lufthansa.com I see two legs: SFO->FRA and FRA->QFP. Also the time for the second leg is completely wrong (it departs before the arrival of the first flight). It also has a LH9xxx flight number. I am not sure if this is a limitation inside the LH booking system, or done on purpose to not disclose information about this flight all throughout their system.

BTW: The seat reservation chart is also completely off: it shows 15 rows of economy with 10 seats per row – all available. Looks really funny.

You do receive a different booking confirmation for that flight which shows the correct times, airports, special services, etc.
For anyone interested, this is correct.

I use LPJ occasionally and sometimes the booking will appear in your M&M account (for me it's always when the LPJ flight is booked in conjunction with an LH commercial flight).

It'll say, for example, FRA - QFP (instead of FRA - AMS or wherever you're going). I've been given flight numbers beginning with LH98XX. Seat plan onlin is as described above, and the timing of the LPJ sector is always incorrect.

It is fun to be given your own LH flight number though, even if it is to "fictitious point"
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:09 am

LH has a numbering system for their flights, 9901-30 are used for ferry, Cargo uses 8000-8499 etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.