Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to Shanghai (PVG)?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat
Question Best way to Shanghai (PVG)?

I'm UA Plat and will be flying from Rome to Shanghai via Frankfurt or Munich (there are other options). Which route has the best most comfortable seats in both biz or coach, I havent yet decided which I will book. Also is there such thing as Economy plus on these flights?

If I could do a mileage upgrade which flight tends to be least busy?

This is going to be a round the world ticket which puts me in H class for economy and I think that's not upgradeable for a UA plat. If you have any experience with that I'd appreciate it.

thanks
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: Amanjunkie
I would choose LX via Zurich if you want to fly in C. The LX C product is by far superior to LH's soft and hard product.

If you are flying Y, I would choose the flight that best fits your schedule, not that much of a difference (although LX is still ahead of LH IMHO.)

Not sure whether you can upgrade with UA miles on an H fare.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:07 pm

If you are on a *A RTW ticket in Y your best bet might be to look for an UA GPU paper cert for LH. "H" is valid for an upgrade with a GPU cert on LH (and only on LH).
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
did you think about TK via IST? They fly PVG with their 773ER, with Y+ and with both C hard product and Do&Co catering way ahead of LH. The service might not be as consistent, but it's definitely worth a consideration IMO.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:07 am

In business class: Either LX via ZRH or TK via IST
In economy+: TK via IST (Neither LH nor LX have such thing)
in economy: Whatever is cheapest, as *G best choice is probably on TK (Op-Ups according to states and not booking class, great lounge)

Avoid LH unless it's much cheaper than LX or TK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.