Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA-TLV going from L/H to S/H - How do you feel about it? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:25 pm

@Rambuster , funny
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:25 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
bmi/BA A321 economy cabin

Courtesy of sugababe
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LXA350
I really hope that LH has prepared their ground and mainly cabin crews as the first weeks will be war on the FRA and MUC TLV route and after by the latest a drastic decrease in premium traffic and yes... all these HON's that filled up F class on long haul flights from MUC and FRA they will probably be missing somwhere in the best case with SWISS and in the worst case with BA etc.
IMO, BA is now a viable premium option to TLV. We flew BA First LHR-ORD this past week and I was pleasantly surprised. In flight service and food was superb. Sure, wines were horrid but we just stayed with the Grand Siecle. The Concorde Room at LHR was on a par if not better than FCT/FCL. And BA just started curbside valet service for F pax. If BA ever started limo service from the CCR to the gate, that would be a game changer despite 14 pax in First.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SFO777
IMO, BA is now a viable premium option to TLV. We flew BA First LHR-ORD this past week and I was pleasantly surprised. In flight service and food was superb. Sure, wines were horrid but we just stayed with the Grand Siecle. The Concorde Room at LHR was on a par if not better than FCT/FCL. And BA just started curbside valet service for F pax. If BA ever started limo service from the CCR to the gate, that would be a game changer despite 14 pax in First.

I really must catch up on your latest trip report.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Oh GOD. I HATE THESE SEATS WITH ALL THEIR INNOVATIONS
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:37 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Oh GOD. I HATE THESE SEATS WITH ALL THEIR INNOVATIONS
And thebest one is not in there:
No coat hanger, limited luggage space and the best of them all: not removable armrests in the first 3 rows.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
FRA-TLV going from L/H to S/H - How do you feel about it? [merged]

Seriously, what is LH thinking here? This is bound to cost them dearly!
At least if they'd create a sub fleet of A320's and A321's that fly to TLV, BEY, CAI, AMM and where ever else in the middle east, with proper business class seats and none of that NEK business it wouldn't be so bad. It would be fine with me even. But this is just ridiculous!

Please Lufthansa, listen to your customers and take a page from the BMI handbook here!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by rafi2k6

Please Lufthansa, listen to your customers and take a page from the BMI handbook here!
There are so many proper options with other airlines, why do you all care so much for Lufthansa. Obviously LH does not care for you in return.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:54 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Well, changing one's flight patterns isn't always that simple, and I can see why many would hesitate to backtrack from central or eastern Europe all the way to LHR only to fly to TLV.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by gojko88
Well, changing one's flight patterns isn't always that simple, and I can see why many would hesitate to backtrack from central or eastern Europe all the way to LHR only to fly to TLV.
So, difference is:

Either fly back to MUC or FRA or ZRH or LHR, so you have various flight times.
Now comes the hard question: At FRA for 10pm departure for TLV, because of weather, all take offs are queued and FRA is closing. Each captain is asking for special take off permit. Waiting on tarmac. Arrive in TLV between 4 and 5 am, in hotel between 6 and 7am, shower, change, get to the meeting.

You feel great after Non stop you in NEK
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mamb0
And thebest one is not in there:
No coat hanger, limited luggage space and the best of them all: not removable armrests in the first 3 rows.
The "no coat hanger" option is very much appreciated in the winter when flying to destinations such as Moscow or Stockholm or anywhere in North America besides Miami and Los Angeles for that matter.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
True, but especially coming from Eastern Europe, TK always was and now even LY direct is a good option, compared to LH.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
^ Exactly. TK is a fantastic option for anyone, especially the folks east of Austria, and fares are usually in the sub-1200€ range, plus you get to enjoy the new C lounge at IST. Even the stopover is sort of halfway there, making the trip more bearable than with NEK.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by volta
So, difference is:

Either fly back to MUC or FRA or ZRH or LHR, so you have various flight times.
Now comes the hard question: At FRA for 10pm departure for TLV, because of weather, all take offs are queued and FRA is closing. Each captain is asking for special take off permit. Waiting on tarmac. Arrive in TLV between 4 and 5 am, in hotel between 6 and 7am, shower, change, get to the meeting.

You feel great after Non stop you in NEK
That is not even an option now, as the late flight FRA-TLV has been retimed to 1930 I believe. This removes almost all connection options in Europe which allow a full day's work. This is probably even worse news for me than the equipment downguage - Thursday night flight FRA-TLV was always full with connecting pax (esp from scandinavia, France, US West Coast, E Europe). If these all go to ZRH or LHR, it will be near-impossible to get a seat!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
THe flights usually always have good loads out of FRA, especially in C and F really LH I don't understand; this hopefully is some nightmare that will begin with the wintertimetable and hopefully end just intime for the summer timetable 2013 when the long haul planes and service are back at least from either MUC or FRA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.